A Year Ago: Randy Mueller's Draft Profile | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Year Ago: Randy Mueller's Draft Profile

His late rd draft (lack of) success doesnt worry me. He's got a solid front office team around him to help him identify the possible late rd guys that saban might want. And you really cant question his 1st and 2nd rd guys; the lone exception being maybe Simmons simply cause moss was on the board but i realize that can be said for 19 teams total that passed on moss.

Boik14 said:
His late rd draft (lack of) success doesnt worry me. He's got a solid front office team around him to help him identify the possible late rd guys that saban might want. And you really cant question his 1st and 2nd rd guys; the lone exception being maybe Simmons simply cause moss was on the board but i realize that can be said for 19 teams total that passed on moss.

The owners forbade the choice of Moss as they to were concerned about character issues. So he chose Simmons who would still be great today if not for injuries.

ckparrothead said:
I mined this gem from my own collection of threads, written a year ago...

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=30050

And here's a profile...

I stand by what I said of Mueller a year ago. As a draft talent evaluator it's near uncanny how he can almost never miss on a first or second round pick. But, by far his weakest area is attempting to find the diamonds in the rough later in the draft. If John Clayton is correct in that he ends up just picking the kinds of players his head coaches want for defense, I am guessing that some of it can be blamed on system. After all, I can't think of many guys drafted by Belichick and Pioli on defense that I would consider true blue chip guys. Richard Seymour definitely, and Asante Samuel I guess would be next...but I mean still, that really is very much a team thing, good defense without individual stars.

Ozzie Newsome has the same problem
and he's the best in the business.

See if any of those diamonds in the rough could be traded for Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Chris McAlistor, Jamal Lewis etc.

Give me the obvious superstar and playmaker any day. Without JT, miami's Denver without Trevor Pryce, SF without Julian Peterson. It's bad already in those places. Take 'em out and it's league worst. Have more than one and your humin'.

Good Post ! It's good to hear of his success in the first two rounds, because it sure gives you a kick in the posterior portion of your anatomy when they flop!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom