Aaron Brooks to Phoenix | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aaron Brooks to Phoenix

Ricky_Fan34

Suns and Fins superfan
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/sun...c-aaron-brooks-houston-rockets-nba-trade.html

I don't know much about this Aaron Brooks guy, but he better be good. It sucks having to get rid of Goran Dragic after watching him in the playoffs last year, but it seems this year he just hasn't been the same. Not sure what it is, but I wish him success in Houston. Let's hope Nash can now get the rest like he did leading up to last years playoffs. Dragic had been blowing huge leads built by Nash all year long. In fact, just last night Phoenix was leading by 14 I believe it was, and Dragic and the bench came in and blew the lead to the point that it was a tie game. Nash Came back, went back and forth with the Hawks, and then went on an 8-0 run and saved the day.

So I truly hope Aaron Brooks can do a better job with the second unit than Dragic has this year.

Depends on what you mean by doing a better job. If you mean playing defense, well then, Brooks is terrible in that department. If it's running the offense, he's not particularly good in that department either. Still, Aaron Brooks is a solid, young scoring guard. At least, he will be if he gets back to what he was doing last year when he averaged over 19 PPG, and that's being able to shoot the 3. He's been a terrible 3 point shooter this year, as opposed to last year where he was a very good one. I don't think Aaron Brooks is a starting PG in the NBA, but I think he can be a very good option off the bench.

I think both teams made out equally well with this trade.

That's good to know. Steve Nash will be gone next year, so do you think he's capable of being a quality starter?

I don't think so. Reason being, I don't see him as a Point Guard. I see him as a Lou Williams type player. And that's an undersized SG. Very undersized in Brooks case. I don't think he's the type of player that can run an offense, but he can put points on the board. I think that type of player is best suited to come off the bench and give you instant offense.

and a first rounder too?steve kerr are you there??suns are dumb!!

more 3pt. chuckin for this team on the way.

I think Aaron Brooks is better than Dragic. Nash is a great mentor and I see him coaching Brooks up. Just like most young players, he was surviving in the NBA on pure ability, nothing more. As soon as he gets the mental part of his game down, which I believe Nash will teach him, the kid will be just fine in this league. I personally feel that Dragic peeked last year and thats why your seeing his drop off now. I don't think that he was ever going to be starting material anyway.

I don't think so. Reason being, I don't see him as a Point Guard. I see him as a Lou Williams type player. And that's an undersized SG. Very undersized in Brooks case. I don't think he's the type of player that can run an offense, but he can put points on the board. I think that type of player is best suited to come off the bench and give you instant offense.
So he'll be good for this season in a backup role for Steve Nash, but is not the future.

and a first rounder too?steve kerr are you there??suns are dumb!!

more 3pt. chuckin for this team on the way.
Hey man, it works. When we're hitting the 3, we're tough to beat. We needed to do something, because like I said, Dragic and the 2nd unit just wasn't getting it done. Perhaps Brooks can reignite the bench and start giving Nash more rest.

So he'll be good for this season in a backup role for Steve Nash, but is not the future.

I wouldn't say that. If Nash can teach him a little bit about running an offense, he could be. He certainly has the talent. I think Ferretsquig made a great point as well, Brooks should do very well in the run and gun.

I wouldn't say that. If Nash can teach him a little bit about running an offense, he could be. He certainly has the talent. I think Ferretsquig made a great point as well, Brooks should do very well in the run and gun.
Well I certainly hope it pans out. Beyond this year, it's looking pretty bleak for Phoenix. People don't realize it, but Nash is having an MVP-like year this season. He's carrying the Suns, and right now, he's doing a damn good job. If Phoenix had a better record, I guarantee he'd be in the conversation.

It'll be interesting to see where he goes next year. Obviously it'd be a dream for him to resign with the Suns, but I think it's pretty clear at this point that he's going else where. I just hope he wins a title.

Well I certainly hope it pans out. Beyond this year, it's looking pretty bleak for Phoenix. People don't realize it, but Nash is having an MVP-like year this season. He's carrying the Suns, and right now, he's doing a damn good job. If Phoenix had a better record, I guarantee he'd be in the conversation.

It'll be interesting to see where he goes next year. Obviously it'd be a dream for him to resign with the Suns, but I think it's pretty clear at this point that he's going else where. I just hope he wins a title.
Nash is definitely a player who deserves to win a title especially with how long he's been playing the game.

Back
Top Bottom