Aaron Corp QB Richmond/USC | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aaron Corp QB Richmond/USC

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
2011: Enters his senior season among the nation's FCS quarterbacks with the best NFL Draft potential... His strong, accurate arm and his mobility are his biggest strengths... Was picked as one six NFL Draft sleepers entering the 2011 college football season by The Sporting News.

2010: Started Richmond's first five games before suffering a season-ending knee injury on the first series at New Hampshire (October 9)... Completed 67 passes for 645 yards and three touchdowns in the four full games before his injury... Showed his mobility in and out of the pocket by rushing 19 times for 87 yards... Opened his Richmond career with 183 yards on 18-for-32 passing at Virginia... In the Spiders' home-opener versus Elon, Corp was 19-for-32 passing for 207 yards and a TD... His five-yard TD pass to Kevin Grayson versus Elon tied the game at 7-7 and was Richmond's first-ever score at Robins Stadium... In the Coastal Carolina win, Corp connected with WR Ben Edwards for a 47-yard TD pass as the Spiders' opened up a 27-6 lead in the second quarter en route to a 41-19 win.

2009 at USC: Corp, USC's most mobile quarterback, emerged as the starter as a sophomore in 2009 following a consistent, productive showing in 2009 spring practice. But he cracked the top of his left fibula in 2009 fall camp, which allowed Matt Barkley to win the starting job. Corp then served as a backup the rest of the season, although he started at Washington when Barkley was injured. Overall in 2009 while appearing in 3 games (San Jose State, Washington, Washington State), he was 17-of-26 (65.4%) for 155 yards with 1 TD and 1 interception. He came off the bench to complete all 4 of his passes for 45 yards with a TD (13 yards) against San Jose State. He completed 13-of-22 passes for 110 yards with an interception at Washington in his first career start. He played the final 2 series against Washington State, but did not throw a pass.

http://www.richmondspiders.com/View...B_OEM_ID=26800&ATCLID=205207669&Q_SEASON=2011

i would like to see videos of him, but cant really find anything.

Inconsistency and apparently the legs of FDR.

Legs of FDR? He was, from what I read, more mobile than Matt Barkley while at USC. I never cared much for Barkley's arm, but I do like his mobility in the pocket quite a bit. If Corp is more mobile than Barkley- sounds like a good endorsement to me.

[video=youtube;5NoyeqEm2NY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NoyeqEm2NY[/video]

Thx for posting. At first glance his arm strength would give me pause for concern. Looks like he has some tools to work with. FA type, maybe a 7th rd pick.

Looks like a Kellen Moore, Scott Tolzien type who has the smarts and leadership quality, moves the chains but lacks the throwing arm.

Could be his throwing style, which is quick enough but looks like he's "pushing" the ball. Might be fixable. Certainly not much zip and has a wobbly trajectory.

Looks like a Kellen Moore, Scott Tolzien type who has the smarts and leadership quality, moves the chains but lacks the throwing arm.

Could be his throwing style, which is quick enough but looks like he's "pushing" the ball. Might be fixable. Certainly not much zip and has a wobbly trajectory.

Agreed, and I liked Tolzien but for the arm strength issue. There's almost no getting around it imo- you have to have very good arm strength to make it as a QB in the NFL. There are always exceptions, but it's one of the great weed outs- Tolzien stuck with the 49r's, but his arm strenght imo led to him being undrafted. Still, I like Tolzien's arm better than this kid.

Worth a look especially in the 7th or later. FWIW: Rarely does a FCS school have the budget for a proper strength and nutrition program. The arm strength or lack of does NOT concern me as much the leg injury.

Interesting kid.

Legs of FDR? He was, from what I read, more mobile than Matt Barkley while at USC. I never cared much for Barkley's arm, but I do like his mobility in the pocket quite a bit. If Corp is more mobile than Barkley- sounds like a good endorsement to me.
Two leg injuries back to back years is a problem for me. Can he run? Sure, but if he keeps breaking legs and tearing up knees that will come to a complete stop. Greg Oden comes to mind. Highly talented, can't stay on the field, which in turn hurts consistency.

He's worth a look as a UDFA, but I remember watching him play UW when he was with SC, didn't really impress me at all.

Worth a look especially in the 7th or later. FWIW: Rarely does a FCS school have the budget for a proper strength and nutrition program. The arm strength or lack of does NOT concern me as much the leg injury.

Interesting kid.
He spent three years at USC(more than half of college), which I'm pretty sure has the budget for a proper strength and nutrition program. The arm strength has never been there.

I can't believe a threat on Aaron Corp made it to the second page.

I think B.J. Coleman and Bo Levi Mitchell are both better NFL prospects than Aaron Corp, and those two are on the bottom of the totem pole. The cut-off point for QB's who can legitimately play in the NFL and are worthy developmental prospects ends with Coleman and Mitchell in my opinion.

Aaron Corp is in a group of QB's that includes Kellen Moore, Case Keenum, etc. that I don't even view at priority UDFA's.

He spent three years at USC(more than half of college), which I'm pretty sure has the budget for a proper strength and nutrition program. The arm strength has never been there.

I can't believe a threat on Aaron Corp made it to the second page.

I started the thread after reading that he was strongly challenging or actually beat out Martt Barkley at USC before a leg injury took him down. I saw him throw in a clip provided in one of the thread posts- not impressed.

Back
Top Bottom