Aaron Corp QB Richmond/USC | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aaron Corp QB Richmond/USC

I started the thread after reading that he was strongly challenging or actually beat out Martt Barkley at USC before a leg injury took him down. I saw him throw in a clip provided in one of the thread posts- not impressed.
He beat out Matt Barkley in spring practices of Barkley's first semester of college (he enrolled Spring). More accurately, he beat out Mitch Mustain. There was no chance in hell Barkley was going to be named started during the spring. Who knows what would have happened during the Fall if Corp didn't get hurt. Based on his awful performance against Washington the third game of the season, I think Barkley would have overtaken him pretty early on either way.

I think B.J. Coleman and Bo Levi Mitchell are both better NFL prospects than Aaron Corp, and those two are on the bottom of the totem pole. The cut-off point for QB's who can legitimately play in the NFL and are worthy developmental prospects ends with Coleman and Mitchell in my opinion.

Aaron Corp is in a group of QB's that includes Kellen Moore, Case Keenum, etc. that I don't even view at priority UDFA's.
If you are going to take a shot on a low tiered QB, I think Coleman gives you the best value.

He beat out Matt Barkley in spring practices of Barkley's first semester of college (he enrolled Spring). More accurately, he beat out Mitch Mustain. There was no chance in hell Barkley was going to be named started during the spring. Who knows what would have happened during the Fall if Corp didn't get hurt. Based on his awful performance against Washington the third game of the season, I think Barkley would have overtaken him pretty early on either way.

What surprised me from the clip was the arm, or lack thereof. Combin that with the previous leg injuries- definite pass, wouldn't even bring him in as a FA.

Part of the issue to me is a guy that hasn't put together a great career in college better bring something to the table. Either right size, speed, arm strength, or accuracy. Something to build from. I'd go with a guy like Coleman if I were going to take a flyer. I mean if you're going to consider Corp then you may as well consider Darron Thomas.

Part of the issue to me is a guy that hasn't put together a great career in college better bring something to the table. Either right size, speed, arm strength, or accuracy. Something to build from. I'd go with a guy like Coleman if I were going to take a flyer. I mean if you're going to consider Corp then you may as well consider Darron Thomas.

Completely agree. At least Darron Thomas has a little physical talent and put together a resume in college. Aaron Corp has neither.

Barrett Trotter has about the same resume as Corp, but a bigger arm. Austin Davis has slightly better physical tools than Corp, and comes with a much better resume.

If you're going to consider Aaron Corp, you might as well be considering all these guys I mentioned... along with Dan Persa and Patrick Witt (Yale).

Aaron Corp would be a GREAT waterboy. Besides that, I want nothing to do with him on the Dolphins.

Thx for posting. At first glance his arm strength would give me pause for concern. Looks like he has some tools to work with. FA type, maybe a 7th rd pick.

Got to see him here at USC. Arm has never been real great. Never saw him make wow throws, but he's a solid player. He has more mobility than Matt Barkley, but you're also comparing two different things with the two. I'd say Corp has mobility while Barkley has pocket presence and just enough to keep him from taking sacks. The fact that USC moves Barkley out of the pockets on rollouts is just to utilize Barkley's ability to throw on the run, plus the weapons he gets in the flat (Woods, Lee, Ellison).

If this kid wasnt so highly recruited out of high school, no one would even consider this guy. I think the same goes for BJ Coleman. kid has size and a right arm (But so did Hunter Cantwell), that doesnt mean he's draft worthy, Coleman hardly has college experience and its at a no name small community college

Back
Top Bottom