Aaron Maybin = Derrick Thomas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aaron Maybin = Derrick Thomas

zodiak

Starter
Reaction score
Watching Maybins first step and his blazing rush around the OT Im reminded of the late great Chiefs LB Derrick Thomas.

Questions surrounding Matbin are legit, size,one year starter,converting to OLB he did add 25 lbs up to 252 and he lowered his 40 time at his PSU pro day (down from this indy combine 4.7 to a 4.6).

I know many dont think much of him and I fully believe he isnt dolphin material, but I just wanted to put it out their that he reminds me of Thomas and he is a player to watch.

Questions surrounding Matbin are legit, size,one year starter,converting to OLB he did add 25 lbs up to 252 and he lowered his 40 time at his PSU pro day (down from this indy combine 4.7 to a 4.6).

the size (wt.) and speed increases from Janurary up to the combine???
could the S-word (steriods) be implied???? I have no idea :confused::confused:

the size (wt.) and speed increases from Janurary up to the combine???
could the S-word (steriods) be implied???? I have no idea :confused::confused:

lmao. these players are tested.

btw, i think its a fantasy to see him at 25 at this point. when he first declared i thought he would go in round 2. but hes a high first round pick IMO. his first step is indeed amazing.

I dunno. NFL Draft Scout generally has their ear to the ground pretty damn well when they talk about risers and fallers, and I find that even though they're slow to move a guy up or down their board...when they do, and when they have a guy as a faller, it's usually for good reason. Not too long ago they specifically noted Maybin as a faller, with the little arrows they have, and they moved him down into the 2nd round. Not even 1st-2nd round, but just straight up 2nd round.

That's what has had me talking about him in the first place...the realistic possibility of him being at #25.

the knock on freeney was always size.he's listed 6'1" 260 and went 11th overall to the colts. i'm sure they have no regrets.

I dunno. NFL Draft Scout generally has their ear to the ground pretty damn well when they talk about risers and fallers, and I find that even though they're slow to move a guy up or down their board...when they do, and when they have a guy as a faller, it's usually for good reason. Not too long ago they specifically noted Maybin as a faller, with the little arrows they have, and they moved him down into the 2nd round. Not even 1st-2nd round, but just straight up 2nd round.

That's what has had me talking about him in the first place...the realistic possibility of him being at #25.

i didnt realize that, i thought he was still rated up there.

The thing about Maybin is that he has a much higher upside than others because he is just a sophomore coming out. That has to be put into consideration when you compare him to other guys who are older and have had considerably more time to show their stuff in college. And even so, a lot of them only showed they can play during their senior seasons.

I'm sure a team will see that he will only get better. Quite a few people said he will eventually be the best OLB in this draft because he has so much upside. If Maybin played 2 more years in college (or even just 1 more year), he would be considered in the top 10 or top 5 pick category.

Totally off topic -- The dude has the smallest ears I have ever seen on a human that size.

Maybin = Gholston this kid does have plenty of upside but has plenty of downside as well he is a one year player that kind of makes me skeptic he does have good skills though and he may be a good nfl player but im not sold

McShay has him going #3 overall

edit: my bad, was thinking Curry

I have no clue where he will get drafted just watching him I see a lil Derrick Thomas, Maybin does have to prove he can play LB or DE(4-3) his biggest critics will say he doesnt play the run well & can he cover, dont know but someone will find this out.

Big fan of Maybin and PSU football.....but I think Mike Mamula more than I think of D. Thomas when I think of Maybin

A couple of things. Players get tested at the combine & then they will not get tested again until they sign their NFL contract. So if Maybin juiced between combine & personal workout, no one would know. I AM NOT ACCUSINIG HIM OF DOING SO, JUST WANTED TO MAKE A POINT.

Second, personally, I like players that were productive in college vs. the potential argument, at least if you are going to use a high draft pick on him. Maybin's numbers were not bad, but not a big body of work to go on. Just a 1 year starter. I have to agree with the fellow FINHEAVEN posters, he reminds me more of Gholston / Mamula than D. Thomas.

Back
Top Bottom