Aaron Rouse | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aaron Rouse

twix2500

Active Roster
Reaction score
Height: 6-4 | Weight: 221 | 40-Time: 4.50

Strengths:
Has great size and a very solid build...Timed speed is outstanding...Physical and does a great job in the box versus the run...Athletic and a good leaper...Range is adequate and he is able to make plays sideline-to-sideline...Decent tackler with a burst who can really close in a hurry...Nasty and an intimidator who plays with an attitude...Versatile...Has good hands...Is still improving and has a lot of potential.

Weaknesses:
A safety / linebacker 'tweener who may not have a true pro position...Does not play as fast as he times and is not exceedingly quick...Change of direction skills and agility are lacking...Is not very instinctive in coverage and doesn't have very good ball skills...Raw and is still learning a new position...He bounced around and was never able to master a single position...Has trouble controlling his emotions.

Notes:
Began his career as a linebacker and only moved to the secondary in 2005...Could project to either strong safety or outside linebacker in the pros depending on the scheme of the team that picks him...He just might end up being a classic workout warrior who amazes scouts with his triangle numbers in the months leading up to the draft and sees his stock soar...Extremely intriguing prospect to say the least.

Senoir Bowl Notes: Thursday; In the secondary the guy who really had an outstanding day of practice was Aaron Rouse of Virginia Tech, who is big, fast, looked great in coverage and made a lot plays including two interceptions with one coming in 7-on-7's. Rouse is a loud and animated guy on the field but he had plenty to crow about today.

How do you guys feel about him? With his freak of nature attributes and impressive play in the Senoir bowl, he would be an intrigueing prospect especially if J. Allen moves to CB. I would definitely take him in the third but how do you guys feel about him in the second?

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 221 | 40-Time: 4.50

Strengths:
Has great size and a very solid build...Timed speed is outstanding...Physical and does a great job in the box versus the run...Athletic and a good leaper...Range is adequate and he is able to make plays sideline-to-sideline...Decent tackler with a burst who can really close in a hurry...Nasty and an intimidator who plays with an attitude...Versatile...Has good hands...Is still improving and has a lot of potential.

Weaknesses:
A safety / linebacker 'tweener who may not have a true pro position...Does not play as fast as he times and is not exceedingly quick...Change of direction skills and agility are lacking...Is not very instinctive in coverage and doesn't have very good ball skills...Raw and is still learning a new position...He bounced around and was never able to master a single position...Has trouble controlling his emotions.

Notes:
Began his career as a linebacker and only moved to the secondary in 2005...Could project to either strong safety or outside linebacker in the pros depending on the scheme of the team that picks him...He just might end up being a classic workout warrior who amazes scouts with his triangle numbers in the months leading up to the draft and sees his stock soar...Extremely intriguing prospect to say the least.

Senoir Bowl Notes: Thursday; In the secondary the guy who really had an outstanding day of practice was Aaron Rouse of Virginia Tech, who is big, fast, looked great in coverage and made a lot plays including two interceptions with one coming in 7-on-7's. Rouse is a loud and animated guy on the field but he had plenty to crow about today.

How do you guys feel about him? With his freak of nature attributes and impressive play in the Senoir bowl, he would be an intrigueing prospect especially if J. Allen moves to CB. I would definitely take him in the third but how do you guys feel about him in the second?

I'd convert him to LB, just like Urlacher

Rouse had a subpar senior season but if he's used in the same role as John Lynch or Roy Williams then he could really be something special.

I've had the pleasure of watching Rouse firsthand at Lane Stadium (quite an experience by the way). He is a very good player, but I don't know how well his game translates to the pros. He doesn't have the speed you want from a defensive back. He is built, but would probably need to gain weight to be effective at the linebacker position. If I had to compare him to anyone in the NFL, I'd say Thomas Davis of the Panthers. He also played the Rover position at Georgia, didn't work out at safety and now plays OLB for them.

When you look up tweener you see his picture
doesn't really fit at saftey or Lb as it stands and would be a project either way

I think there are to many GOOD saftey's and GOOD Lbs in this draft that we dont need to reach for a player like Rouse.

rouse has cover 2 olb written all over him.

Back
Top Bottom