Abdur-Rahim deal nixed; Nets acquire Jackson from Sixers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Abdur-Rahim deal nixed; Nets acquire Jackson from Sixers

Well desperate times lead to desperate measures.... Its odd they decided on Marc Jackson though. With his contract they are now stuck with that lineup for the next two years. At least we wont have to listen to delusional nets fans anymore :)

Its messed up what happened to Abdur Rahim, the Nets basically destroyed his value. I dont think this guy has missed more than a few games in recent years, he's durable. Seems strange that they gave Zo a bunch of money a little while back and wouldnt give this guy a contract. The Nets have enough to be a playoff team but I don't see them being a great team by any stretch. Kidd and Carter are fun to watch though.

finfansince72 said:
Its messed up what happened to Abdur Rahim, the Nets basically destroyed his value. I dont think this guy has missed more than a few games in recent years, he's durable. Seems strange that they gave Zo a bunch of money a little while back and wouldnt give this guy a contract. The Nets have enough to be a playoff team but I don't see them being a great team by any stretch. Kidd and Carter are fun to watch though.

Well, it's possible that they said, "geez, the last time we took a gamble on a health risk, it blew up in our faces, so let's not do that again."

Tough break for the Nets. That team would have been Charmin-soft, but it might well have just buried their opponents under an avalanche of points. Marc Jackson doesn't really help either way.

I wonder where Abdur-Rahim will end up now? He doesnt wanna go back to portland and few teams have money left to spend on free agents.

Maybe he will take a much lower offer from the Bucks now that he is damaged goods.

Yea maybe my Wizards can make a run for him now:). We need someone that can rebound and score inside. Ive never heard of him as being a serious defender but a lineup with Arenas, Jamison, Abdur Rahim, and Butler could put up 100 a night with minimul bench help. Rahim's a good player who hasnt missed many games and he's already being deemed damaged goods because of this, its too bad for him, hes played really good on crappy teams, and now hes probaly going to have to sign with a loser for a cheap shorterm deal and prove himself all over again.

finfansince72 said:
Yea maybe my Wizards can make a run for him now:). We need someone that can rebound and score inside. Ive never heard of him as being a serious defender but a lineup with Arenas, Jamison, Abdur Rahim, and Butler could put up 100 a night with minimul bench help. Rahim's a good player who hasnt missed many games and he's already being deemed damaged goods because of this, its too bad for him, hes played really good on crappy teams, and now hes probaly going to have to sign with a loser for a cheap shorterm deal and prove himself all over again.

It won't matter to score 100 if you give up 120...

Playing in the same division as Miami won't help, either. :tongue: :D

Yea we are probaly going to have to get some luck against a team like the Heat. Our defense is terrible and its what kills you in the playoffs. Hopefully we can get lucky, being a Wiz fan Im just hoping for the playoffs and maybe a series win or two next year. Losing Hughes made us take a step back hopefully we can rebound a be a solid playoff team.

I think SAR will sign a one-year, make-good deal with someone, and if he's healthy and okay, then he gets a long term deal after the season.

As much as I've ragged on the guy for being too soft and a loser, I could see the Pistons giving him a one or two year deal for the MLE. They could certainly use some more frontcourt scoring, and if SAR was willing to come off the bench, they could give the Wallaces more time to rest, and SAR could finally shake the "good stats on a bad team" label, not unlike what Antonio McDyess did.

Ferretsquig said:
Well desperate times lead to desperate measures.... Its odd they decided on Marc Jackson though. With his contract they are now stuck with that lineup for the next two years. At least we wont have to listen to delusional nets fans anymore :)

No just delusional heat fans thinking you guys will cruise to a title :D

this sucks, it definitely puts a damper on the outlook for the season. They can still salvage by getting anotherserviceable big man. I don't know who might be available but we only need a big body to get rebounds and play some D. Who knows but as of now our chances took a major blow.

Back
Top Bottom