Abdur Rahim: I don't want to be a Net | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Abdur Rahim: I don't want to be a Net

Ferretsquig said:
Rahim was injured for a good portion of last year. Portland also couldnt find a spot for him because they have a better PF in Randolph(when uninjured) and a better SF in Miles. But to make the argument that Rahim makes any team a contender is as absurd as making the same argument about Walker.

The Nets major weakness is up front, haviong another compteent player up front fills that hole and thus makes them a contender, w/o him they lack size up front w/ just Krstic down low.

nyjunc said:
The Nets major weakness is up front, haviong another compteent player up front fills that hole and thus makes them a contender, w/o him they lack size up front w/ just Krstic down low.

Oh I agree with everything stated there except for the contender part. No team without a interior defensive presence is a contender. The nets have improved and may even be as successful as Dallas or Seattle have been in the past, but their end fate will be similar, a first or second round exit.

Ferretsquig said:
Oh I agree with everything stated there except for the contender part. No team without a interior defensive presence is a contender. The nets have improved and may even be as successful as Dallas or Seattle have been in the past, but their end fate will be similar, a first or second round exit.

Abdur Rahim has the ability to be a good defender and krstic is getting better, I think contender status will be determined by the D so we'll see if they can put that together or just be an exciting loser.

nyjunc said:
Abdur Rahim has the ability to be a good defender and krstic is getting better, I think contender status will be determined by the D so we'll see if they can put that together or just be an exciting loser.

Well at least you can admit there is a chance the Nets wont be a contender. Rahim can play post defense but has never been and never will be a help defender. So every time a Wade or Iverson drives past one of those SFs disguised as guards its a free path to the basket. I dont know if Kristic will ever learn how to play defense, but given the fact no other european big man has, the odds arent great.

nyjunc said:

It looks like you are going with exciting loser.

Section126 said:
It looks like you are going with exciting loser.

I guess, this sucks. We'll still easily win the Atlantic but we'll be a 2nd rd exit, we got a big body in Marc jackson yesterday- maybe that helps. We don't really need frontcourt scoring, we just guys to play D and rebound. Hopefully we can add another serviceable big man and then maybe they can do some good things but as of now they took a big step back by rescinding that trade.

I don't know if NJ easily wins the Atlantic. Without SAR, they're really not a whole lot better than Philly. The smart move would be to send Antoine Wright somewhere for a big body.

phunwin said:
I don't know if NJ easily wins the Atlantic. Without SAR, they're really not a whole lot better than Philly. The smart move would be to send Antoine Wright somewhere for a big body.

they finished 3 games out this year and they didn't have any of the best players for the full season. They'll crusie to the Atlantic division title.

nyjunc said:
they finished 3 games out this year and they didn't have any of the best players for the full season. They'll crusie to the Atlantic division title.

Noted, but Philly also was sitting Sam Dalembert for a huge chunk of the season because Jim O'Brien hated him. And there's no reason that he, Willie Green and Kyle Korver shouldn't be better players with some added experience.

I don't think Philly's the favorite, I just don't think you should write them off so quickly.

phunwin said:
Noted, but Philly also was sitting Sam Dalembert for a huge chunk of the season because Jim O'Brien hated him. And there's no reason that he, Willie Green and Kyle Korver shouldn't be better players with some added experience.

I don't think Philly's the favorite, I just don't think you should write them off so quickly.

I really like Philly's team......

Don't forget Andre Iguodala ...that kid has something....

nyjunc said:

I have a hard time believing any team that has to rely on Vince Carter, especially to play some D, can be a serious contender.

I suppose I'm somewhat jaded by the way he quit on Toronto, but what happens when someone hurts his feelings in NJ? I just don't see how this guy will be able to last under the scruntiny of the NY media when he couldn't even cut it in Toronto.

Back
Top Bottom