About NT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

About NT

j-off-her-doll

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Call it an inkling, but I don't think we'll address NT until the mid or late rounds. None of the top prospects at the position wow me, and I don't see them wowing our FO. That in mind, we'll likely be looking toward a space-eater to compete with Soliai. So, here's a very short list of names that I see as 4th-or-later candidates:

Jeff Owens
Linval Joseph
Torell Troup

. . .

Add names; discuss which you like best; tell me I'm stupid and that D. Williams will be our 1st RD pick, etc.

i can hop on board with that. Cam Thomas looks good to me, but i could just as easily wait and have a guy platoon. I dont think we need a monster NT, just a fresh one who is good on platoon.

I tend to agree. I think the earliest we could possible see it would be Cam Thomas in round three if he ever fell that far.

Your list pretty much sums up who I would think we would grab in the mid rounds.
Chubbs

Draftscout.com now has Linval Joseph going in the third.

Considering the market on NT's, I wouldn't be surprised if he went in the 2nd.

They might just stay in house with McDaniel,Soliai, and I heard a rumor that Baker may be trying to compete for playing time at nose as well.

My choice would be Troup, he's a UCF product and got a fair amount of praise from the local media here in Orlando. Plus I believe he did fairly well at the combine as well.

Maybe Kade Weston from UGA and Al Woods from LSU. Also Vince Oghobaase from Duke and I'm still wondering about Demarcus Granger of Oklahoma. Back surgery and a shoplifting arrest are both major negatives, though. Cam Cameron should never have released Fred Evans, we could use him now.

Unless we can get Cody in the 1st, I'd prefer to wait until the 3rd-4th round and get Jeff Owens. I like him a LOT. Because unlike this Cam Thomas guy that everyone loves, Owens was actually VERY productive in college. He may have been a first round pick after his Junior year if he came out, but went back for his Senior year and got injured unfortunately. So redshirted and came back. Great player though!

Unless we can get Cody in the 1st, I'd prefer to wait until the 3rd-4th round and get Jeff Owens. I like him a LOT. Because unlike this Cam Thomas guy that everyone loves, Owens was actually VERY productive in college. He may have been a first round pick after his Junior year if he came out, but went back for his Senior year and got injured unfortunately. So redshirted and came back. Great player though!

You want Cody in the first??? You are aware we have the 12th overall pick. right?

I agree, I also think we will grab two. Solai is in his final year of his contract so we should protect ourselves. Young NT's usually need some time to develope so grabbing two this year makes sense to me atleast.

J.Owens is my pick for a mid round selection then grab another in the 6th or 7th.

i've been trying to find some linvale joseph stuff after seeing he had a pretty impressive combine...

what i could find he doesn't really look like a guy to me who wants to take on and hold up 2 blockers at the poa...he looks like a guy to me who wants to rush up field and penetrate...

not sure i see a nose there

Call it an inkling, but I don't think we'll address NT until the mid or late rounds. None of the top prospects at the position wow me, and I don't see them wowing our FO. That in mind, we'll likely be looking toward a space-eater to compete with Soliai. So, here's a very short list of names that I see as 4th-or-later candidates:

Jeff Owens
Linval Joseph
Torell Troup

. . .

Add names; discuss which you like best; tell me I'm stupid and that D. Williams will be our 1st RD pick, etc.

I seriously hope you are right and we go NT later on. I think Cam or Cody could be had in the 2nd, and the prospects later are not much worse. Toss on the fact that Dan Williams SURGED up the boards lately, and you have the makings of a position that has a 2nd round or later grade behind the big two.

I'm hoping we go LB or WR (will never happen) with the top pick.

I agree, I also think we will grab two. Solai is in his final year of his contract so we should protect ourselves. Young NT's usually need some time to develope so grabbing two this year makes sense to me atleast.

J.Owens is my pick for a mid round selection then grab another in the 6th or 7th.

Maybe if one comes in the 6th 7th round... we desperately need OLBs this year... and starters at that... if i think were going to choose 2 of a position this year is OLB

Maybe if one comes in the 6th 7th round... we desperately need OLBs this year... and starters at that... if i think were going to choose 2 of a position this year is OLB

Said it a million times, but I see us addressing OLB twice within our top four picks. I'm pretty sure it'll be two of our top three, and I wouldn't be shocked to see our first two rounds devoted to the position.

Back
Top Bottom