??? about tendered contract offers to our players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

??? about tendered contract offers to our players

2413fanphins

Active Roster
Reaction score
I have a question about how the tender contract offer process works.

I read that we placed 2nd round tenders on a few guys, and will possibly tender some more soon. I think it was bell, welker, jones, and maybe one other.

My question is... if some other team picks any of these guys up, do we get the draft picks the following year.
I am assuming the following year, but I just want to be clear.

Secondly, if they all go to another team, how many draft picks do we get in a year. Next year, if we have rounds 1-7, and hypothetically loose four guys to tender contracts. that's 11 picks. That seems like a lot. Does the league have a limit on the number of draft picks a team can have in one year??

I know the chances of every one of these guys going to another team is slim to none, but try to get hypothetical with me on this one.

thanks for the input fellas.

cheers:cooldude:

wow. I thought for sure that wouldn't be the case.

We could end up with possibly two second rounders without having to trade down than. That would be sweet.

I thought it might be a possibility that someone picks up either welker or bell.
moreso welker. Bell came on pretty good towards the end of the season last year.

thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom