About the refs sucking. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

About the refs sucking.

bullseyeguy

Heart of A Champion
Reaction score
Its kind of old to hear everyon constantly complaining about the refs when their team loses...I know Ive been of those people couple times too, but I always try to keep it in perspective...I dont think its fair to say such and such team only has a chance due to the refs, or that their team is only losing due to the refs...The refs are doing a hard job that no one ever appreciates, and its gotta suck....The only reason anyone should complain is when their is a blatant miscall at the end of a game that directly results in a different outcome...I hate it when someone says oh the refs won that game for you, or the refs are paid off, bad calls are made on both ends, every game, but the players play the games not the refs...

i dont have a team in the playoffs. and the refs have been horrible. every which way. theyve been horrible on both sides in almost everygame.

Nappy Roots said:
i dont have a team in the playoffs. and the refs have been horrible. every which way. theyve been horrible on both sides in almost everygame.
What Im saying though, is the refs arent losing the games for teams, they make bad calls on both ends..

bullseyeguy said:
What Im saying though, is the refs arent losing the games for teams, they make bad calls on both ends..

Except in the Super Bowl when it seemed every call went for the Steelers. The White Sox seemed to get every call in the MLB playoffs last year and I believe the refs cost the Wizards a series vs the Cavs. When the refs are having just as much effect on the outcome of a game as the players then it needs to be brought up. The Mavs shot 22 free throws in the 4th quarter of game 3 and the Spurs which is a very high number for a close game. Fans are going to be critical of officiating when they're doing a pathetic job. Most college football/basketball games that I watch are officiated at such a higher level than the officials at a pro level it is ridiculous.

bullseyeguy said:

I have to agree, the refs have no impact on the score!!!

Lemme guess....you were rooting for the Seahawks, Wizards, and whoever played the Sox. Fans see what they want to see....if they feel "their" squad should of won and they didnt the initial instinct always seems to blame the refs.

I'm fine with people complaining in general terms about how games are being called, whether it be the freedom allowed perimeter players in the NBA or the shackles put on Shaq in these playoffs. But to say the calls made by referees determined the outcome of the game or series is absurd. No matter how the game is called or who picks up the fouls the game is in the hands of the players, not the refs. Duncan missed the game winning shot, Arenas missed the tying three pointer....not the refs.

Ferretsquig said:
Lemme guess....you were rooting for the Seahawks, Wizards, and whoever played the Sox. Fans see what they want to see....if they feel "their" squad should of won and they didnt the initial instinct always seems to blame the refs.

I'm fine with people complaining in general terms about how games are being called, whether it be the freedom allowed perimeter players in the NBA or the shackles put on Shaq in these playoffs. But to say the calls made by referees determined the outcome of the game or series is absurd. No matter how the game is called or who picks up the fouls the game is in the hands of the players, not the refs. Duncan missed the game winning shot, Arenas missed the tying three pointer....not the refs.

LeBron got away with the most obvious travel and if the refs called it the outcome of the game is different. If the officiating in the SB was atleast average the outcome may have been different. I think Pierzynski's dropped 3rd strike play was with two outs and in a different game Jermaine Dye got a free pass when the ump thought he was hit but the ball actually hit the bat. I'm a Sox fan and they got all the calls. If Pierzynski is called out which I think he was the inning would not of been extended and not allowed Crede to get either the game tying or winning hit. If the calls are going for whatever team fans are rooting for they turn a blind-eye but the officiating in professional sports is pathetic.

Im a Wiz fan, the calls against the Wizards were just terrible. Arenas missed some free throws down the stretch that cost them the last game but still, Lebron was untouchable on defense and would get every call when he went inside. thats just bias, Arenas didn't get treated like that, he is not as good as LeBron but he is an allstar and deserves some credit.

Are you talking all sports?

NBA has by far the worst refs. They really seem to dictate how the game will be played and sometimes how it ends. I really can not stand to watch the NBA much anymore. JUST for that reason.

NFL - good for the most part, but they are human and make a bunch of critical mistakes.

NHL - I really like the NHL refs. They are a least consistent. They seem to usually let the players play. I know there are exceptions, but I really like the job they do. Especially on ICE, with a puck moving as fast as it does...

MLB - for the most part are the best in the business. I don't know how many times I watch a game and say "that's a horrible call" he was safe, or it was foul, it was a ball, etc... JUST to watch the replay and see they were right. They are almost machine like in how good their calls are.

Wow, amazing what will get discussed in the off-season...

Oboy said:
Are you talking all sports?

NBA has by far the worst refs. They really seem to dictate how the game will be played and sometimes how it ends. I really can not stand to watch the NBA much anymore. JUST for that reason.

NFL - good for the most part, but they are human and make a bunch of critical mistakes.

NHL - I really like the NHL refs. They are a least consistent. They seem to usually let the players play. I know there are exceptions, but I really like the job they do. Especially on ICE, with a puck moving as fast as it does...

MLB - for the most part are the best in the business. I don't know how many times I watch a game and say "that's a horrible call" he was safe, or it was foul, it was a ball, etc... JUST to watch the replay and see they were right. They are almost machine like in how good their calls are.

Wow, amazing what will get discussed in the off-season...

I agree with everything you said.

seems like every postseason in every sport people complain about the refs. i doubt in these billion-dollar industries that they'd have incompetent officiating. lots of sour grapes.

there is no question the referees do make some bad calls...no doubt.

But they are human. And by watching all sports, it is also very apparent to me that these players and coaches are simply cry babies. I always laugh when a player or coach argues on a borderline call. I mean of course you want the calls to go your way, but also have some damn sense to realize that these calls aren't easy and could go either way and all your whining is really doing is making it easier for the officials to make the call against you the next time...I say quit *****ing and start playing.

Rocky Raccoon said:
there is no question the referees do make some bad calls...no doubt.

But they are human. And by watching all sports, it is also very apparent to me that these players and coaches are simply cry babies. I always laugh when a player or coach argues on a borderline call. I mean of course you want the calls to go your way, but also have some damn sense to realize that these calls aren't easy and could go either way and all your whining is really doing is making it easier for the officials to make the call against you the next time...I say quit *****ing and start playing.

They have the right to be cry babies for wrong calls in the playoffs. Regular season mistake ok, but the playoffs or even championship games cmon make the right call or dont make the call at all. A non call is 100x's better then a BAD CALL.

Amars said:
They have the right to be cry babies for wrong calls in the playoffs. Regular season mistake ok, but the playoffs or even championship games cmon make the right call or dont make the call at all.

But these players want a foul on every little thing that happens to them...I was bumped going to the basket then missed the lay-up, I think I'll wine in the refs face for 5 minutes. It's those things that piss me off. It's like they think everything someone touches them it's a foul.

Back
Top Bottom