Absolutely Nothing Has Changed

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dajesus, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Dajesus

Dajesus A True Fan Donator

Our biggest deficiencies last year our side of QB last year were o-line, TE, and LB who could cover a TE. So free agency start and we go after two WRs who were both number 3 options on other teams, so we decided to pay them as #2 WRs. One is 32 years and we guaranteed 3/4 of his cpontract much like we did with Timmons and Mario Williams. All this as Grant was emerging last year as the obvious pick for our #3 WR, who costs 1/16 of either of these contracts.

We had a very talented kicker who won games last season so we let him walk.

Our oline was awful for what 5 years in row, so we decide to keep the same core and over pay for an average RT.

We currently have a no TE worth mentioning, but are just about out of money, as the Suh relief doesn't kick in to June 1st.

Oh year we have no back up QB either dispite losing 1.25 seasons due to not having a back up QB.

Bang up job front office.

2. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

You do not seem to grasp that free agency technically has not even begun yet. But don’t let that hold you back from complaining already.

tay0365, *Demi*God*, CRhodes and 18 others like this.
  3. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase Finheaven VIP

Lol

circumstances likes this.
  4. Dajesus

It hasn’t? Because we already committed to 2 WRs, lost our kicker, retained an over paid RT. Has FA started for Sammy Watkins, Allen Robinson, Case Keenum . I know it’s official tomorrow but all big moves happen the day before, as it has been abundant clear that FA starts as soon as legal tampering starts.

5. dnespins

dnespins ... Finheaven VIP

next year it will be the same thing.

OL still sucks
    dont have a #1 WR
    dont have a seam threat TE
    throw too many screens
    cant get pressure on the QB
    cant cover the TE
    Need a cover safety

but hey, we just overpayed for2 slot receivers under 6 feet. look the **** out.

6. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2 Finheaven VIP

Gase is wetting himself right now thinking of all the screen plays he can run.

7. Dolphins81

Dolphins81 Well-Known Member

Gase is already dreaming up of new WR screens.

TannDaMan17, Avigatorx and Laser13 like this.
  8. Phinatic8u

Not every player has to be announced day ****ing 1 LOL.

Still plenty of talent that hasn't even been talked about.

9. superphin

superphin close your eyes, see that? no your eyes are closed Finheaven VIP

That's simply not true, instead of having one of the better DT's in the NFL, we now don't have that. Instead 1 player running short routes we signed 2 players to run those routes. Also everyone we add from now on is smarter than the player they replaced.

Laser13 likes this.
  10. broccoli rob

broccoli rob proud of your boy

.02 on the TE criticism

This is a terrible year to sign a FA TE.. this is a year to draft one.
    Dolphins are/were in on Ed Dickson, although hard pass
    Dolphins will likely have interest in soon-to-be FA Dion Sims (Chi signed Burton)
    Plus this team is good enough to trade for a guy like Ebron or something wacky.

should definitely save the TE criticism til after the draft.

DolfinJohnNY likes this.
  11. Dajesus

True but we have no money left already. The money we save with Suh doesn’t make kick in to the summer. We were nEGATIVE 8 million, cut Traded jarv and got + 8, cut Timmons and got +14, and we have cut Thomas we get to plus 20. We committed 14 to two wrs. We have no Sfarting TE, G, back up Rb, K, and back up Qb.

12. DuderinoN703

Again, it’s the day before free agency. It’s true the team has those needs but since they HAVE to be filled they will find ways to get there. Complaining in May would make a ton more sense bc that’s after the dust settles. Not March 13th.

13. Phinatic8u

That's not how the cap works.

14. oasis

oasis Lost in the fog

It's pretty clear Gase is being allowed to execute his vision. His analysis is that if you get rid of the guys that can't just do their job and replace them with smarter players, his offense will hum.

And honestly, whether he's right or wrong on all of this, I appreciate that Ross and the FO are allowing him to do what he wants. Because it makes no sense to hire a HC and then hamstring him. If Gase's ideas turn out wrong, then you get rid of him and hire someone else, and hopefully give that person the same freedom to execute their plan.

Anvil35, circumstances and fin415 like this.
  15. Dajesus

My real complaint is we gave the Lawerence Timmons contract to another 32 player and guaranteed 3/4 of it. My other complaint is we over payed for 2 WRs when have spent so many resources on Wr the past 3 years. Kenny, Parker, Grant, Carroo, Ford, is enough. When have ever heard dominant wr Corp leading a team to a SB. With what Gave for Parker, Caroo, Wilson, and Amendola is embarrassing

superphin likes this.
  16. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

one thing hasn't change. People complainig for anything and everything

Ozzy rules!!

17. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater Not Quite A Shredder Finheaven VIP

WR corp has changed

fin415 likes this.
  18. DuderinoN703

Your complaint is the needs the team has haven’t been filled yet. It’s March 13. Take it down a few pegs.

19. russdoe

russdoe Rookie

The problem is money is tight, the signings so far don't make sense and now we are relying on draft picks to contribute immediately. Although recent drafts have been better than crap, do we really trust it will continue

20. Dajesus

No I am complaining we just over paid a 32 year vet, again, and gauranreed the majority of his contract. This has been the motto of this team. Miami has taken heat from every one from local to national media, for over paying vets on the wrong side of 30, and creating cap he’ll. If you don’t remember the list: Jarmon Bushrod, Mario Williams, Lawerence, Timmons, Arian Foster, just to name a few.

superphin likes this.
  21. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

Let's see the finish product first for heavens sake.

22. Tiko377

Tiko377 A True Fan

Yeah I mean I think we only have 8 draft picks currently and a whole month of free agency left AND June 1st cuts

23. Fintastic17

Fintastic17 A True Fan

Lmao these posts aren't supposed to be made until after the draft dude.

I know you're just chomping at the bit to complain but at least wait until FA actually starts.

24. Dajesus

I’m not chomping at the bit to complain, and the draft or the rest of free agency have nothing to do with over paying a 32 year old WR who is often injured. It has nothing to do with committing 24 million $ to an undersized WR who has never proven him self. It has nothing to do with the draft or rest of FA when you commit half of available cap space In free agency to two guys who will competeing for WR spots 3-6 while you have 4-5 holes at #1 at other positions.

superphin likes this.
  25. Birdmond

Birdmond A True Fan Donator

How about we create a forum called biotch and moan? Move all the sky is falling post there and then those of us who’d like rational football talk without the drama could hang around and enjoy the offseason.

26. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin There's one, set for stun Moderator Finheaven VIP

A lot has happened in the NFL in the time before March 13. Outside of the draft there is really nothing to get excited about after the first wave of free agency which is almost over before free agency even starts. Sure there will be cuts but it's usually nothing extraordinary, just teams replacing bad players and bad contacts with average players and bad contracts.

Yessir and superphin like this.
  27. DuderinoN703

Look at the deals taking place today. Tons of overpaying for players. If the comment had come even at the end of the week I would’ve given it more clout considering it would’ve given Miami multiple days to sign folks.

Look at the Jones restructuring. That saved 6 mil. It didn’t occur before the comment asking how Miami is going to fill needs.

All I’m saying is a little more time should’ve been given.

circumstances and Danny like this.
  28. circumstances

circumstances Starter Finheaven VIP

5'9" 205 isn't really undersized, and we only "committed" $12 million to him (his guarantee). He will likely make around $4.75 million this year. But rant on.

buzdoubt likes this.
  29. Fintastic17

Fintastic17 A True Fan

So what if we sign Sutton, draft Roquon and a seam TE. Addressed 4 positions of need right there.

I mean you act like we have no room for improvement any more. There are cards still left to be played and it makes no sense to complain 1 day before free agency. Let it play out and then complain.

30. superphin

Signing Sitton would go along the what people are complaining about. Getting a 30+ year old player who has been injured the last 2 years. Applying yet another band-aid to a Guard issue we've had for many years.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  31. multistage

multistage Well-Known Member

Nah. We’re screwed.

No matter who we sign, who we cut, All Pros all around or Pop Warner, how much or how cheap, we’re simply screwed. Cap is a mess, roster sucks, coaches suck, FO sucks......

Or not.

We don’t know how we’re gonna pan out any more than the draft gurus know who is drafting who. It’s all a guess.

And we won’t know until September.

Now, if you really DO know what’s up, I recommend you get a job with the Dolphins. Get paid millions of dollars to make the correct decisions to improve the team you love. Become wealthy, famous, and the hero of Dolphins fans worldwide.

Or just wait and see, just like everybody else.

32. Fintastic17

Fintastic17 A True Fan

Well when you don't have the Bills draft picks you can't address everything. I mean realism has to come into play at some point, you can't just keep whining without an alternate solution.

33. CONVIGLIONUS

CONVIGLIONUS Well-Known Member

Id like to know what the decision makers for the dolphins have done to make any of us trust “their vision”.

The dolphins have been garbage for almost 2 decades now. Any dolphins fan who whines because of the moves made are justified in doing so. The reason why is because nobody in the dolphins front office or gase for that matter has earned the fans trust.

My initial reaction to the moves made is disgust. How anybody can argue different is obsurd. The dolphins have earned the I will believe it when i see it attitude Ihave towards them.

34. superphin

The solution seemed pretty simple to me, we've had a need for a guard for years and there was a young all pro guard available in free agency who cost the same at the 2 slot WR's we signed. Another solution would have been to not overpay for a decent WR in Wilson. Regardless of other teams doing so, let's be smarter and not. I mean it's almost unanimous that noone wants Tannenbaum here yet I'm suppose to trust this guy who's made bad move after bad move?

35. Dajesus

5’9” isn’t undersized for a nickel CB. It is undserzized for un proven WR, when you already have have a small speedster who has shown he can fill the same role.

Giving 8.75 million gauaranteed of a 12 million dollar contract to a 32 year WR injury prone WR.

These moves don’t say we can’t fix other needs it’s simply saying it’s foolish and the model that we have been using the past 3 years that has brought us no where isn’t changing. I’m sure all the people who are taking issue with my post were bashing trading 3 draft picks to get Caroo while not having Gs and LBs worthy of starting on our roster.

36. JFoxx

JFoxx Seasoned Veteran

I absolutely feel the frustration. I'm going to hold final judgement until after the draft, as there's still time to address the huge holes we have that we haven't addressed in the last 2-3 years. But not going to take the same leap just yet. I'm holding judgement until after then. Problem is, even if they don't address those holes, there will still be those saying how wrong we are and what a great draft it was, etc. etc. So I guess we either accept it and hope for the best or just find a new team (which I'm not doing). Keep the faith, eventually they'll get it right someday.

37. dolphin1946

dolphin1946 New Member

I

38. dolphin1946

dolphin1946 New Member

I love watching the football transactions during free agency, trades and the draft....but, I really don't think it makes much difference here in Miami. The front office the owner and the coaches need a plan, and need to be on the same page for this football.. team to progress. We are so far behind in the football world that it's not funny. The coaches we hire as head coaches have no experience running a team Remember Cam Cameron, Tony Sparano, Joe Philbin? None of them had experience running a team....each had to change the team according to his vision. Now, here we have Adam Gase...and it's the same thing. Three more years lost. We could have hired experienced coaches.......but no, we wanted youth, offense, and new ideas. It did not work then and will not work now. The front office is the same way....Tannenbaum has no football knowledge that is useful in building a good team. He's an agent turned GM. It won't work. Then, you have the owner who seems to have his head in his **s and has no football awareness, and doesn't seem to care. So what I'm saying is ...whomever you bring to this team...it really does not matter...it will not turn things around.