Ac In The Am: Magical Memories Of Days Gone By | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ac In The Am: Magical Memories Of Days Gone By

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
tortv1rh7kbropdjfdyb.jpg

“This is where the Dolphins train?”

Those were the first words I spoke after driving through the not-so-palatial gates of then Miami’s Biscayne College for my first training camp covering the Dolphins in 1980. To say the training facility was antiquated simply wouldn’t have done it justice. The Dolphins spent 23 years there. That’s downright remarkable.

From the pot holes in the parking lot, to an old broken down dormitory, to a one story beige concrete building that included a small locker room, coaches offices and an outdoor weight room with a rusty chain link fence surrounding it, this wasn’t what I had imagined for a franchise that had reached perfection only eight years before.

That the Dolphins won back-to-back Super Bowls despite the shortcomings of this facility was another indication of how truly dominant those teams were.

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/ac-in-the-am-magical-memories-of-days-gone-by

I used to visit every summer as a kid when my uncle lived in West Palm.
You actually had access to the players for pics, autographs, and just BSing with them for a minute or two.
Never forget those good times.

Back
Top Bottom