Ac In The Am: Playmakers Could Be Strength Of This Team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ac In The Am: Playmakers Could Be Strength Of This Team

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
ea582wjoj8trsze8anxy.jpg

I get it that the Dolphins are approaching things in a different way these days. I understand the emphasis is on youth and building to sustain. But have you checked out the playmakers on this offense? Have you noticed that this team may already have one of the more impressive and potent cast of young playmakers in the league?

Speed? An abundance.

Moves? Enough to make you look downright silly.

Potential? Off the charts.

What this group, for the most part, doesn’t have is a whole lot of experience, and you get the distinct feeling that that’s going to change this season. But from a pure talent standpoint, this could very well become the strength of this team.

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/ac-in-the-am-playmakers-could-be-strength-of-this-team

I agree that we are set at skill position players. WR and RB are where have arguably the most depth on the entire team.

The problem lies is the offensive and defensive lines where we are paper thin and have no depth. The oline being the worst of the two. Our oline is so bad it hinders the QB, the RB's, and the Wr's.

Thanks for posting this. I see the individual talent, but putting it together has always been the bane of our existence, and all of those mentioned (but the RB) requires a capable QB.

I'm cautiously optimistic for the team to start actually growing together this season...

It's the one identity we have. Maybe our secondary will take the next step and become the face of the team, but right now the only arguable strength is playmakers. The problem is it's hard to have an identity that isn't built around a true superstar but rather a collection of good pieces. We're one Julio Jones away from having an elite playmaking team. That's a big step though away of course.

tenor.gif

Finally someone that actually opened his eyes and looked at what Miami had, rather then what consensus said was on the Dolphins because they were supposedly rebuilding the team.

Wide receiver if your defense has problems with speed...Looks really bad for you.

If your defense has problems covering tall receivers...it could be a long day.

Then you look at RB, where the guy I believed should start in Drake, looks like won't be the premier RB after all.

Do not be fooled if Drake is not the Premier RB at the end, if he loses the job, it will not be because he was not good, but because Ballage seems to be a huge possible star in the making. Even if your not a fan of Drake, you have to admit he's an explosive RB that at any time can make huge back breaking play.

Kalen Ballage last year in spurts made plays that we all drooled over in hope it could be a consistent occurance if Gore was not there. This year in camp, seems it was not a fluke, and he may be even better, more consistent then advertised.

People can say there are huge question marks on the O-line (Though this years O-line may be a bit better then last years), they can say there are question marks with the QB position, (Though Fitzpatrick has proven though inconsistent, he can win games during a season, and Rosen is starting to prove more consistent and capable each practice), or no real threat at TE (Though Allen is consistently solid, with some high potential TEs on the roster that could impress by midseason)...There is talent on this team for a quality coaching staff to work with.

As for the defence, they have proven to be pretty dominant in practice, and with Flores as HC, we may need to start expecting better, more consistent play from our D, then we have seen in a while.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom