ACC bball preview | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ACC bball preview

How does Miami look, I know we lost Diaz, but we had some nice young players last year, any outside chance of making the tourney?

Ferretsquig said:
Yeh I just think its a completely different atmosphere these days. Brandan Wright is a top 5 pick whether he starts or plays 10 minutes a game. There may be issues if someone is pushed out of the lineup alltogether, but I dont see that happening. The only thing that worries me is the lack of leadership on the team. Last year Noel carried the team through some rought periods, calming down the youngsters and doing the coaching on the floor. Terry just doesnt have the same charisma.

that's a good point, I think that's what we lacke din '94 after George lynch graduated. I think Wes Miller has alot of leadership qualities but he won't be playing much. I think it has to be terry or hansbrough and I'm not sure they are up to it.

85fa808e-1.jpg

The Frosh:

clear.gif

Tye:

clear.gif

Alex:
(the man put in some serious weight room time in this summer)
clear.gif

Deon & Wright:

clear.gif

and Ellington getting beat with a goofy look on his face:
(he does have a sweet stroke though)

clear.gif

It's great that the start of the season is less than a month away, I am looking forward to seeing this team play. The only think I didn't like from the othr day was the unveiling of new jerseys:

365613-1.jpg

Carilona is F'n stacked. Duke will be the 2nd best team in the conference though which is good enough for me with everyone we lost and with the fact that once again, Duke is 7 guys deep while Carilona is probably like 20. They probably got red shirts better then most teams in the country!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Carilona is F'n stacked. Duke will be the 2nd best team in the conference though which is good enough for me with everyone we lost and with the fact that once again, Duke is 7 guys deep while Carilona is probably like 20. They probably got red shirts better then most teams in the country!

It will be interesting to see if anyone redshirts on this team. Local guys like Copeland or Graves who have no shot at getting any playing time may consider it. I can't remember the last time a basketball player that wasn't injured red-shirted a season though.

Duke without Paulus is in big trouble. You just have to hope hes back before the ACC schedule begins. There is noone on the depth chart behind him....the best is some freshman SG Scheyer, unless Nelson figured out how to handle the ball over the summer. At Carolina we had a couple seasons without a PG before Felton came on board....it was brutal. Constant 3/4 court pressure, half court traps, and turnovers galore. It won't take long for McRoberts to regret coming back.

Back
Top Bottom