According To Coach Wannstedt: Wide Receivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According To Coach Wannstedt: Wide Receivers

Gadsen, Chambers, McKnight, Ward, Ogden, Simmons. That looks like it's going to be the line-up and order.

If Simmons makes the team, it will probably be at the expense of Ogden.

I hope so

Originally posted by inFINSible
If Simmons makes the team, it will probably be at the expense of Ogden.

I'd like to see Ogden moved on...He's had his shot and proven to be unspectacular.

Re: I hope so

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

I'd like to see Ogden moved on...He's had his shot and proven to be unspectacular.

Jeff Ogden has become my new "Tony Martin".....Didn`t like him either. The fair catches, when a defender wasn`t within 20 yds., pissed me off. G`bye Jeff.

Re: Re: I hope so

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

Jeff Ogden has become my new "Tony Martin".....Didn`t like him either. The fair catches, when a defender wasn`t within 20 yds., pissed me off. G`bye Jeff.
he's looked good at times, but i have to say ogden is history in my book!

Re: Re: Re: I hope so

Originally posted by dolfan06
he's looked good at times, but i have to say ogden is history in my book!
I just hope that Ogden has called Chan at GT to see if he has an opening for an assistant coach ;)

Ogden got on the team because he knew Chan's offense. He needs to join Mike Quinn wherever he is.

They like Ogden because he is not a fumbler. Ben Kelly was a great punt returner, but a couple of fumbles and there was Ogden back there banging his helmet and fair catching the ball.

I look forward to seeing Simmons or Leonard Henry catch and run with it.

Ogden wasn't a bad punt returner at all in terms of running. But this year he fumbled the ball like three times and thats just inexcusable. If Simmons makes the team it will probably be at Ogden's expense, I agree.

Chambers, Gadsden, McKnight, Ward, Simmons. We only keep 6 if we sign another guy like Westbrook for injury insurance, which might actually be a pretty smart idea considering Chambers, Gadsden, McKnight, and Simmons all haven't even seen any work at WR whatsoever.

I truly hope that simmons or baker do good at punt and kickoff returns,, because Odgen wasn't that much of a punt returner to me. I think we really need to upgrade at that position..Balt. never had a great O..but with J. Lewis punt returns they were always a threat,,we need that kind of threat..

Well Jermaine Lewis is a pro bowler and highly coveted punt returner. He gets paid a fair amount of money just because of how dangerous he is returning punts. Its nice to say we need a guy like him, but there's really only one of him in the league if ya think about it. I'd settle for a guy thats decent, and Ogden was decent, accept for the fumbles. He did make some pretty long returns at times and he returned one for a TD a while back. Some teams haven't had a punt return TD in like 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom