According to SportsCenter... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to SportsCenter...

Clark Kent

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Boston has called Baltimore and has offered Manny for Tejada (Let it happen... LET IT HAPPEN). SC will be on at 11 and there will be a longer explanation.

Hostile7 said:
Boston has called Baltimore and has offered Manny for Tejada (Let it happen... LET IT HAPPEN). SC will be on at 11 and there will be a longer explanation.

It won't happen... and I don't like that trade anyway. I don't think I would trade Manny for Tejada straight up.. and this isn't going to be straight up. We're either going to have eat a significant chunk of Manny's contract, or we are gonna have to toss in additional prospects.

Granted Tejada is the best Shortstop in baseball hands down, but Manny is a far superior hitter.

FaninPatsyLand said:
It won't happen... and I don't like that trade anyway. I don't think I would trade Manny for Tejada straight up.. and this isn't going to be straight up. We're either going to have eat a significant chunk of Manny's contract, or we are gonna have to toss in additional prospects.

Granted Tejada is the best Shortstop in baseball hands down, but Manny is a far superior hitter.
And the far superior headache. Wern't you bashing him left and right last year, after he said he wanted out?

Seriously, how is he traded then? And for who, and where to (prospects? If that's the case Ortiz has no protection)? We have no SS prospect, if we don't do anything (assuming this is possible) we'll end up with Alex Gonzalez or some **** player.

FaninPatsyLand said:

I agree. Granted Tejeda is a good ball player (maybe in the top 10) and plays a harder position I still wouldn't trade Manny for him straight up and like you said it will be Manny and a pitcher/prospect for him plus money. That's not worth it in my opinion.

I think both Manny and Tejeda should shut up and play baseball. Manny has problems in Boston because he lives in Boston. If he wants to be left alone and not bugged by people he should move to a small town with a gated house. Tejeda should shut up because it was his choice to go to Baltimore. He took the money instead of a chance to win. Now after two years he realizes the O's won't be good or able to compete against the Sox, Yankees and now the Blue Jays? Too bad, again until you stop cashing your check shut up and play.

Manny for Tejada is a nobrainer for the Sox. They arent going to get a hitter thats as good as Manny, theres only 2 or 3 in the entire game and no one is trading them. Tejada is a comparable player considering he is a great hitter and a good shortstop. This is a good deal, the sox would make it in a heartbeat. I just dont see the Os trading Tejada within the division.

Hostile7 said:
And the far superior headache. Wern't you bashing him left and right last year, after he said he wanted out?

Seriously, how is he traded then? And for who, and where to (prospects? If that's the case Ortiz has no protection)? We have no SS prospect, if we don't do anything (assuming this is possible) we'll end up with Alex Gonzalez or some **** player.

Why should Manny be traded in the first place? Just because he said he wants to be traded? He doesn't have the right to demand a trade. In my opinion the Sox are much better with Manny in their line up then without him. Like you said without Manny, Ortiz won't see a single strike in all of 2006 and beyond. The Sox will never get equal value for Manny unless you trade him straight up for Pujols, Guerrero, Cabrerra, Arod and possibly Tejeda.

Alex Gonzalez, although he isn't high profiled he was fairly good defensive SS and has a little pop in his bat. Put him in the Red Sox line up playing at Fenway and who knows what he could turn into. Just look at Orlando Cabrerra and his 2 months with the Sox. All the Sox really need is a good defensive SS who will make the plays. With the Sox line up they don't need a big bat coming for the SS position, just someone to catch the ball and make the plays.

finfansince72 said:
Manny for Tejada is a nobrainer for the Sox. They arent going to get a hitter thats as good as Manny, theres only 2 or 3 in the entire game and no one is trading them. Tejada is a comparable player considering he is a great hitter and a good shortstop. This is a good deal, the sox would make it in a heartbeat. I just dont see the Os trading Tejada within the division.

I agree, the Sox F.O. would probably have to make this trade (assuming not a lot of money or a top prospect goes in the deal). I disagree about the O's trading within the division though. Where are they going in the next year or so? They'll probably end up in 4th place. So if the best offer comes from the Yankees, Blue Jays, Red Sox or Devil Rays why not make the trade if it will make your team better in the long run?

Also I'd more afraid of facing Manny Ramirez 19 times a year if he were on the O's.

Ray Finkle said:
Why should Manny be traded in the first place? Just because he said he wants to be traded? .

You still don't get it. He doesn't want to be there. The team doesn't want him or his antics around anymore. His act has worn old. It's tired. Everyone involved is sick of it.

THEY MUST MOVE HIM!!!!!! If you enter the season with him, it will BLOW UP IN THE FACE OF THE SOX! And the SOX know this! Manny dogs it now, get him really unhappy (which keeping him around will do) and he will dog it even more if possible. Boston doesn't need that distraction, they are too good of a team to have that distraction hanging over their heads.

finfansince72 said:

The Red Sox need to move Manny while teams are still interested. If they wait too long they will get almost no value for him cause teams will fill spots and not be able to afford Manny. It almost reminds me of the Randy Johnson trade talk back in 2004. Arizona could have got more for Randy from the Yanks and other teams at the trading deadline but they wanted the kitchen sink and then some. They kept him and in the offseason they got some value for him but could have had more back at the deadline.

Teams are making moves now. If they hold onto Manny till late Jan or early Feb, they will get LESS for him than they will now.

The Sox won't get equal value for Manny. Until they get past that mental block, they are screwed. Guys like Abreu or Tejeda are the most you can ask for. Better pull the trigger or they are making a huge blunder.

Nothing was really said on Sport Center. Just the Sox offered the O's Manny for Tejeda. I don't think it will happen. I read a few reports from "unnamed sources" inside the O's FO that said they won't trade within the East, they're trying to make Miggy happy again and try to keep him.

Hey the way I look at it is if the O's do trade him (even if its not to the Sox) the better it will be considering Baltimore has owned the Sox for the past 3 or 4 years.

Hostile7 said:

Who was I bashing last year? Refresh my memory, because you seem to have a better idea of what I said than I do.

Oh no, we won't end up with an All-Star SS. It's the end of the world, everyone run for the hills. In case you missed it last year, we won 95 games with horrid play from that position, including the Major League leader in errors. And we won a damn World Series with an offensively challeged SS, albeit, he had a great postseason.. but it's not the end of the world.

From rotoworld.com:

"Miguel Tejada denied saying he wanted to be traded out of Baltimore, but added he is frustrated with the team struggling.
"I never said I wanted to be traded. I said I want to see a better team," Tejada told Comcast SportsNet in a phone interview Sunday. "I don't want to keep losing like we have the past two years." We'll see what comes of this. The Washington Post reported in Sunday's edition that Tejada hadn't backed off his trade request in a conversation with Orioles executive VP Mike Flanagan on Saturday."

The next thing you know the O's will name Tejeda captain and then ship him out the door a few weeks later.... Nice cover up Miggy.

I don't want the Orioles to trade Tejada. He's the only damn reason to go watch them nowadays. They need to trade Angelos. He hasn't spent any money since '96 (?) when he signed Alomar, Palmeiro, Surhoff, Key, Kevin Brown... Granted Burnett got too much but the Orioles should be going hard after a veteran pitcher like Matt Morris, Javier Vazquez, or Kris Benson. Bedard, Cabrera, Lopez, & Chen are a decent corp of young starters but lack that veteran. The most important move they should've made this offseason was offering whatever they could to get Delgado to hit behind Tejada. The Orioles are loaded with pitching products that they could have made that move. The middle of the line up of Mora-Tejada-Gibbons-Lopez is okay, Delgado would have enhanced that greatly. It just doesn't seem like ownership wants to win anymore.

Tejada is the best thing the Sox are likely to get for Ramirez. IF the Sox have decided to make a move on Manny, this makes sense. Every other Manny trade has the Sox getting about 75 cents on the dollar. This is fairly close to equal value.

Of course, if Ramirez asks the O's for a contract extension, that would almost certainly kill any deal right away.

Back
Top Bottom