According to WalterFootball.com... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to WalterFootball.com...

Lilseb93

This Is My House
Reaction score
I was looking at Mock Drafts for 2009. I stumbled upon WalterFootball.com

We all know the holes of the team, and the Secondary is one of them.

According to them, this is who we should draft...

1st Round
dolphinsb_logo-1.gif
Miami Dolphins: Victor Harris, CB, Virginia Tech
clear.gif

Miami has gotten better against the pass recently. In fact, prior to the Chiefs game, they hadn't given up a touchdown in three weeks. But that doesn't mean that the Dolphins don't need an upgrade at corner; they still rank 19th versus opposing aerial strikes.
Victor Harris would be an excellent upgrade for a secondary that needs help everywhere.
I saw him on You Tube, he's a beast.

2nd Round
dolphinsb_logo-1.gif
Miami Dolphins: Louis Delmas, FS, Western Michigan
WesternMichigan_logo-1.gif

Back-to-back picks spent on defensive backs? That's not something Dolphin fans may enjoy, but the team needs all the help in the secondary it can get. Miami ranks 19th against the pass.

dolphinsb_logo-1.gif
Miami Dolphins: Ron Brace, NT, Boston College
BostonCollege_logo-2.gif

Jason Ferguson just turned 34, and his contract expires after the 2009 season. The Dolphins will need to acquire a new nose tackle in the near future.

3rd Round
dolphinsb_logo-1.gif
Miami Dolphins: Brandon Gibson, WR, Washington State
WashingtonState_logo-1.gif

Ted Ginn and Davone Bess both have their strengths, but neither wideout is a massive target. At 6-1, 204, Brandon Gibson could be the solid split end Miami was looking for when it signed Ernest Wilford.

What do you guys think?
2 Defensive backs, a NT, and a WR in the first 3 rounds.

honestly i would be pissed with that draft.... i want to keep building the trenches... thats why we got beat by the ravens... they were honestly a way better team than we were...1, 2 more drafts mix in a few free agents we will be ready to go...

i was just looking at that site too. No dont like it either. They need DL and OL help still before secondary. We do need the secondary help but not right off the back.

honestly i would be pissed with that draft.... i want to keep building the trenches... thats why we got beat by the ravens... they were honestly a way better team than we were...1, 2 more drafts mix in a few free agents we will be ready to go...
Yah I don't agree with this draft either. I was just showing what I saw on the site.

that mock draft sux...our trenches still need work,and we need OLB's and ILB's as well...

My 2 cents:

If we don't resign Goodman then we will need a CB (need a young one anyway, but probably not this draft) but I expect they'll bring him back and think we address the position next year.

We definitely need a playmaking FS, wouldn't be surprised in we picked one in the first three rounds.

But, a better pass rush makes both positions look better. I think we draft two OLBs in the first three or four rounds. We need one right now to replace Roth on passing downs and against passing teams and another to develop to replace Joey who is no spring chicken and faded at the end of the year - not to mention this draft looks like it may have some pretty solid 3-4 OLB talent deep into the second round.

WR definitely if you can find an impact receiver in the late first or second round, otherwise why bother? We've got plenty of depth of support WRs. Don't know if what we need is there this year.

NT - yes, don't know if BP picks one in the first three rounds.

ROT - I think VC is gone and we will need to replace him, probably in the late 2nd or early 3rd round. Need swing tackle depth in later rounds.

G - probably ok for starter is Smiley and Thomas return healthy with Satele as depth. Will probably draft depth in later rounds.

C - Maybe unless Al Johnson looks spry enough that they can start him and keep Satele in back up for a couple more years.

ILB - doubt they resign Crowder so will need to replace - possibility in rds 2-3.

We need to make sure we have a great o-line and d-line first and foremost. Then worry about building around that. Until we solidify our lines, we aren't going anywhere. Everything starts in the trenches

Why the hell would we pick someone from WSU. They were terrible

secondary we could find some undrafted guys or some nice one via free agency. we need front seven and o line

He also has CJ Spiller going in the 3rd round. He has no idea what he is talking about

WalterFootball has really been disappointing when it comes to their mock drafts this year. I mean, they have been flat out AWFUL at times.

WalterFootball has really been disappointing when it comes to their mock drafts this year. I mean, they have been flat out AWFUL at times.
tell me about it...i've read some of their mocks this year,and was shaking my head like WTF is this crap...

the gibson and delmas picks are garbage...
no way we get delmas with that redskins pick, there are gonna be alot of good linebackers there, we can scoop delmas or johnson from BAMA in the late second.

Back
Top Bottom