Actual scouting report to view | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Actual scouting report to view

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
In a recent Interview, yesterday on the Bailey show on Miami dolphins.com.
Randy Muller said the Fins use the Blesto scouting service for their preliminary scouting reports, then they work from there.

With this in mind I found the Blesto website, which has affiliations with ourlands scouting... anyway I found a actual copy of the 2005 blesto scouting report it is available to view online. If your interested in seeing an actual copy of their scouting reports here is the link.

http://www.ourlads.com/proscoutconfidential/draft-special-document.pdf

Edit: Here is a sample of an individual report on Robert Gallery:

http://www.ourlads.com/proscoutconfidential/sample.pdf

Nice find, thanks for posting. It will be interesting to read through some of the names and see how accurate their assessment has been so far.

The link is not working for me.. I am having problems.. Why don't you just copy and paste what's on there so we can see it here.

The link is not working for me.. I am having problems.. Why don't you just copy and paste what's on there so we can see it here.

I can't its an online pdf file, you must adobe acrobat reader installed to view it.

Holy crap, Nice work my man! Was going to print it out til I saw 90 something pages.

Holy crap, Nice work my man! Was going to print it out til I saw 90 something pages.

Yeah its sweet isn't it...

Just looking at it quickly I see alot of the better players to come out of the 2005 draft were at the Senior Bowl...

BLESTO stands for Bears, Lions, Eagles, Steelers Talent Organization. Those four teams originally started the scouting service and shared the information gathered by its scouts to get a head start on the following year's prospects. More teams are part of the service now and often provide one scout from their department. National, is another scouting service that provides similar information.

Here is sampling of what this says...

Phillip Rivers was given a 1 round grade

Jp Loshman was given a 1 round grade

Matt Schaub was given a 4/5 grade

Ben watson was a 1st

Chris Cooley was a 1st

Greg Jones was a 1st

Julis Jones a 2nd

Michale Turner a 4th... Wow
Here is what it says boy did they get it wrong... 5102, 237, draft 4th/5th round. Worked at fullback during week. Body catches passes. One speed guy that can avoid tackles. Doesn't play with 4.40 speed. Pick and slide type runner with some slash at times. Slow to cut. Runs hard between taclkles. Bounces ball outside. Doesn't trust his speed. More deliberate than explosive. Average initial quickness.

Michael Jenkins 2nd

Devery Henderson 1

Gotta add one more our man Wes Welker:

Wes Welker Late Draft/priority free agent, 5085, 193. Good hands. System player - bubble screen. returns punts and kickoffs. Quicker than fast. North/south runner.

BLESTO stands for Bears, Lions, Eagles, Steelers Talent Organization. Those four teams originally started the scouting service and shared the information gathered by its scouts to get a head start on the following year's prospects. More teams are part of the service now and often provide one scout from their department. National, is another scouting service that provides similar information.

Nice info..

To continue above post

Jared Allen - 6th

Will Poole - 2nd

Wes Welker - Free agent (quicker than fast)

To continue above post

Jared Allen - 6th

Will Poole - 2nd

Wes Welker - Free agent (quicker than fast)

This may be a bit off-topic, but whatever happened to Will Poole? We released him before last season because he was injured, right? So did anyone else ever sign him?

It's a shame because I thought he had to potential to be a quality starter for us.

That is very interesting. I did not know that NFL teams used outside scouting services, I thought the NHL were the only ones that did this.

yeah seeing some dolphins as i go through, or ex-dolphins also...

Rex Hadnot Houston – OC, 6010, 333, Draft 5th/6th round. Powerful lower body. Can redirect and bury defensive tackles. Locks out and runs his feet. Physical player with a good punch. Manhandled #95 Williams. Explosive player that can get to second level. Good footwork. Must be a center or guard. Lacks ideal height.

#88 Jason Rader TE Marshall – Priority free agent. Gets high as a blocker. Inconsistent knee bend. Can catch ball control passes. Doesn’t get movement on block but stalemates defender. Inconsistent to finish block. Will overextend and go to ground at times. Some mirror and slide ability. Plays on special teams (punt).

Tony Bua Arkansas – SS, 5107, 206, Draft late. Good hitter, active player. Will contribute on special teams. High motor, explosive player that is out of control at times. Will hit you high, low, and everywhere in between. Will need work on coverages both man to man and zone techniques. Average ball skills.

Back
Top Bottom