Adam Gase: Frank Gore “driving Me Insane” To Play In Preseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase: Frank Gore “driving Me Insane” To Play In Preseason

Everyone's forgetting about Frank Gore. Just last season he was the 5th best rushing yardage RB in the NFL with 961 yds plus 245 receiving yds (and all of that was behind the Colts extremely crappy O-line). Many are fixating on his chronological age and ignoring his consistent proven productivity. (It is interesting how the media collectively embrace Tom Brady at 41 and still the GOAT and his age doesn't matter, but Frank the Tank is considered washed up and too old at 35, despite his actual performance last year and every year).
Apart from Frank's positive influence and leadership on Drake, Ballage and co in the RB room, he can still be a big asset on the field. BTW - Frank became the only the fifth player in NFL history to amass over 14,000 rushing yards in his career, joining Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, and Curtis Martin (pretty good company). He is a near certain future member of the HOF. Yes, I think he is an upgrade on Damien Williams as Drake's backup. If we happen to be ahead in games, I can see Gase calling on Gore to pound the rock and run out the clock.

Last edited:
I don't think the Tennessee Titans have a single clue what the Miami Dolphins offense will look like in 20 days, 1 hour and 28 minutes.

I don't think the Tennessee Titans have a single clue what the Miami Dolphins offense will look like in 20 days, 1 hour and 28 minutes.
I have faith that it will be improved but based on preseason I don't think any of us outside the coaching staff knows what the vision is either. How could anyone?

Not saying it's same reason, but I remember Tony Dorsett always complaining about his lack of carries when he was the premiere rusher in league. Tom Landry had his eye on the long term.

Years later at end of his long fruitful career, Dorsett acknowledged how grateful he was to Landry's management of him and how he
achieved so much more because of it instead of being used up quickly like so many RBs.

He averaged 14.5 games per season over 12 years- a really amazing stat for a RB. and averaged about 19 touches (carries and receptions ) per game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom