Adam Gase quotes about offense, lineup changes, etc. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase quotes about offense, lineup changes, etc.

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
I asked Gase why his veteran offense has had such trouble retaining information that he had needed to dumb it down repeatedly: “I don’t think it’s retaining information thing. It’s we’re not putting the work in. That’s what it comes down to. If you can’t remember, you shouldn’t be in the NFL. At the end of the day, guys have got to take this stuff home and study it. They’re not going to just learn it all in meetings. We’ve got to find guys to put forth effort and remember this stuff and it starts with our best players.”

How long issues with not studying? “Two years. I’ve been addressing this for a while. I’m kind of fed up with it.”

How widespread is the issue of players not studying? “It’s not on defense. Defense is fine. Special teams we seem to be all right. Maybe it’s easy. Just run straight and hit somebody. But offensively, it’s a joke. We got too many guys that don’t want to take it home with them. Until our best players put forth some effort, it will be [expletive].”

Was Gase tempted to release players today? “Who are you going to get? It is what it is. At some point, guys got to realize it takes a little effort outside this building to be actually good.”

More Gase: “I’m pissed. I’m tired of this. I’m tired of the offense being awful. Guys better need to get their heads right. Coaching staff needs to do a better job. Obviously, our players not knowing is a direct reflection of them.”

Is offense too predictable? “It definitely is. 100 percent. We are going to have to figure something out and what’s best for us to do and how we want to approach it, or I guess I have to figure it out. I am done compromising with anybody. I will do what I think is best. Those that want to come on board great, those that don’t, we’ll get rid of them.”

He likes how Michael Thomas did. “He’s a true pro. When he gets thrown on defense, always knows what to do whether he’s playing safety or nickel. When he gets a full week of work, that will help a lot.”

Gase said DeVante Parker (ankle) “wanted to play but I held him out. He didn’t get work like a normal practice. I knew it would be a game where it was going to get physical outside and he really hadn’t been challenged in practice yet. I thought it was the right thing to do to keep him out for one more week.”

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article181319641.html

alot more quotes at the link

Back
Top Bottom