Adam Gase = Tony Sparano | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase = Tony Sparano

Not even close. The players loved Tony. Gase lost the players on his Mr know it all attitude, and will never admit he can't call plays.

Last edited:
Thread title is a joke.

Worst thing Gase did was bringing in Cutler only because it somehow convinced this knee-jerk fanbase we'd have some hope with a $10m half-retired QB who was a horrible game manager with great arm talent even in his prime. Now the arm talent is gone and your left with his crappy footwork, and ability to make horribly timed throws without any of the zip.

We weren't going anywhere once Tannehill went down and while it's going to be painful to watch we have enough pieces to move forward with some confidence. Jones, Suh, Parker/Landry/Stills, Tank/X, etc....

Football is a tough sport and the NFL is very up an down. Look at the Panthers and Saints last year...tons more examples but you should get the point.

Cutler/Moore gives much better odds than Moore/Fales (Doughty). Much better. You'd have to be a complete fool not to see this. Players at this level have to have hope to play at a high level. After what we have seen and they have played their hope is waning as is their play. I don't think Gase can get this back and I hope that he has the ear of Grier/Tannenbaum to get players this offseason. I want them all to rise together or sink together.

Worst thing Gase did was bringing in Cutler only because it somehow convinced this knee-jerk fanbase we'd have some hope with a $10m half-retired QB who was a horrible game manager with great arm talent even in his prime.
"Somehow convinced"? That was the whole point of bringing him in, so that the fanbase wouldn't throw in the towel before the season had even started. Was it a mistake? Of course it was, and a short-sighted spending of cap space. Moore should have been put in, and the team should have had to take its lumps with him. At least it would have been cheaper and less of a smoke and mirrors show.

This season is a waste and the team is going to emerge from it worse than when it began. The only saving grace for 2018 is Tannehill's return but there's never been a bigger question mark. Add a broken OL, a huge hole at RB, and problems all over the defense, and 2018 will be another season with an 8-8 ceiling if they're lucky.

Sparano only had a decent QB for one year here. I don’t know if Henne’s lack of development was on Sparano’s staff or just because Henne was poor. Like Gase, Sparano never settled the offensive line problems. I do know that Sparano’s teams were physical, played mostly good defense, could run the football most weeks, and didn’t commit a ton of penalties. That’s a big improvement from the finesse, poor defense, zero running game, and bonehead mistakes that Gase has now rolled out for half of 2017.

The team vastly overachieved last year.

Gase's offensive "genius" is overrated.

Our supposed best players are either past their prime or being overpaid.

Our young players aren't taking steps forward.

Our front office outsmarts itself constantly, whether it be contracts, draft picks, or trades.

Our fan base hasn't watched consistently good football for 20+ years.

I mean ****, we couldn't even win a Super Bowl with one of the best quarterbacks of all time. How the hell are we supposed to win one with a bottom half defense, a patchwork offensive line, and a quarterback who hasn't lived up to a top-10 selection?

I swear I think some people post stuff just to stir up this site

Adam will be done in 2 yr. Thill17 will not save Gase... his offense suck. We are luck to win 4 games this yr...

It's really not that hard to figure out. When you have mid to high level talent on offense Gase is a good coach in putting them in position to make plays and win. With lower level talent on the o-line and qb Gase has to adjust his offense and play calling to cover up for those short comings and he's not as good or effective in that situation. It's la lot like Mike Pouncey. Pouncey is great when he has decent guard play on each side and he can just focus on doing his job. When Pouncey has to take away from his job to also aid struggling guards he doesn't look as good. Give Pouncey decent guard play and he'll look a lot better. Give Gase a decent line & QB and he will be much better using his full playbook.

While I do think Gase is better than both there's no doubt both Tony's and Joe's teams started better than Adam's. Seems like Tony and Joe must have been good game planners and bad adjusters while Adam seems like a bad game planner and a good adjuster. We lost a **** ton of close games under Tony and Joe.

While I do think Gase is better than both there's no doubt both Tony's and Joe's teams started better than Adam's. Seems like Tony and Joe must have been good game planners and bad adjusters while Adam seems like a bad game planner and a good adjuster. We lost a **** ton of close games under Tony and Joe.

Sparano and Philbin had some accomplished football men on their staffs and rarely did the Dolphins look so inept and unprepared as they have with Gase and Co. at the helm. For better or worse, Dan Henning, Paul Pasqualoni, Mike Sherman, Todd Bowles, Dan Campbell, etc...at least brought some professionalism to the staff and gave the appearance that their units/positions were ready to execute a game plan most Sunday’s.

The Dolphins look like the Washington Generals playing the Globetrotters lately. Just guys in the background for the highlight reel.

Sparano and Philbin had some accomplished football men on their staffs and rarely did the Dolphins look so inept and unprepared as they have with Gase and Co. at the helm. For better or worse, Dan Henning, Paul Pasqualoni, Mike Sherman, Todd Bowles, Dan Campbell, etc...at least brought some professionalism to the staff and gave the appearance that their units/positions were ready to execute a game plan most Sunday’s.

The Dolphins look like the Washington Generals playing the Globetrotters lately. Just guys in the background for the highlight reel.
I think Sparano had Mike Nolan on his staff for a while too. I know that we couldn't cover a TE back then either lol. LB and O-line have been missing from this roster for a while now that I think about it. We haven't had a good linebacker since Zach retired.

1.Tony never had qb. that was his main problem after pennington left. 6 to 8 win coach
2. joe problem was same except a young qb play w thill17. still 6 to 8 win coach. he had 2 yr he should of made playoff.
3 Adam had good first yr like tony. playing last place schedule. he should have better qb play from thill17. it will boil down to thill17. if adam survived in miami.
tony and jeff had better defense. adam

That first Sparano season was due more to Parcells than Sparano. Sparano was NEVER a good coach. His best asset was his fistpump after a FG.

Tannehill's return won't make all the flaws that this team has go away. He won't be able to make the offensive line run block or pass block, make receivers run the correct route, make the defensive line pressure the QB, make the LBs cover the TE, make the defense get off the field on 3rd down, make the kick returner stay in the ****ing end zone when the kick off is 10 yards deep into it, etc. All this won't change next year with that same coaching staff.

I have come to the realization that through ineptness and poor decision making at the most important positions, the Miami Dolphins have royally wasted Ryan Tannehill's career. If I were him, I'd try to not play another game for this loser franchise. I'd hate to see him go though.

Back
Top Bottom