Adam Schefter on the Dolphin's Interest in Gholston | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schefter on the Dolphin's Interest in Gholston

Phinbwoy

Peter King is the antichrist !
Reaction score
Tampa - Home of the world's most ******ed football
"As much as Ohio State defensive end Vernon Gholston wowed scouts during his personal workout Friday, he did the same during private individual workouts Monday for the Miami Dolphins and the New York Jets.
Miami, which owns the No. 1 overall pick in April's draft, sent its defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni to Columbus to personally work out Gholston on Monday morning. Miami is scheduled to pick first overall.
After Miami worked out Gholston in the morning, the New York Jets, who own the sixth overall pick, put the Ohio State defensive end through the pre-draft version of two-a-days, with him providing a personal workout session for Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum"

"The night before the workout, the Dolphins and St. Louis Rams, who have the second pick, each took Gholston to dinner. Gholston had two dinners Thursday night, and two private workouts Monday.
The doubleheaders are the strongest evidence to date that Gholston’s stock is rising, even higher than it already was"

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=4461 :err:

This seems like the "Mario Williams" draft redo more and more every day !?!?!

Omar Kelly Chimes in .....

Although for the last 2 weeks I have been leaning more towards Jake Long (Based mainly upon the lack of OL personnel), I get the feeling Gholston is looking like the current favorite..

"It would also be a wise idea for us all to check out how Ohio State's Vernon Gholston performed during his losses because I hear he's overtaken Virginia's Chris Long as the front-runner to be the Dolphins selection at No. 1. However, my money is still on Michigan OT Jake Long...."

Omar Kelly, Sunsentinel.com

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2008/03/the-blueprint-o.html

some people see Vernon as a DE??? i think thats kinda silly, hes a sure OLB.

with the signings of Anderson, Torbor, and already having Porter on the outside...and the desperate need for an RT, i sure wouldnt MIND Gholston, but i think we need an RT badly.

though fortunately, this draft has quite a few good OTs to choose from.

:err: First I've heard positive things about his pro day. Everyone else was saying how bad he looked in the LB drills. Stiff and muscle bound were mentioned.

It's a great problem to have, we could get C.Long or J.Long or V.Gholston. I like this a lot more than praying for a certain player to drop.

:err: First I've heard positive things about his pro day. Everyone else was saying how bad he looked in the LB drills. Stiff and muscle bound were mentioned.

I only heard from one source. Though I do think that is a problem if he can't change direction very well.

Well, the truth is that people have forgotten that BP wants badly to trade down. He has shown interest on every single top prospect in order to gauge the possibilities from any team interested or that have fallen in love with a particular prospect.

U see? Ghoulston wowed, absolutely wowed the nfl world in the combines and now his pro day. So BP is now showing interest in order to gauge what a team might throw at him in order to draft the guy.

BP has shown extreme interest in Matt Ryan, Chris Long, and now Vernon Ghoulston. I think that in a few weeks, BP is going to show more interest in whichever player seems the more likely to cause a trade up.

I believe that the reason he hasn't shown so much interest in Jake Long is because of how deep the draft is in OTs and the assumption that no team is going to be willing to trade up for him because they will have Clady and Otah available to them.

So, this is just another gauge move from BP. Now, I bet you that once he has heard all of the offers or "if any" interest from all teams willing to trade up for whichever player...BP will then hone in on showing interest on that very player.

Example: If Ghoulston causes a team to call BP with interest in a trade, BP will talk Ghoulston up from here to the draft. If Matt Ryan wows after his pro day (which I believe he will)...BP will begin to talk him up if a team calls with interest in a trade.

If no one calls or shows their man crush...BP stays put and most likely takes Matt Ryan of BC or Jake Long of Michigan.

I was listening to Fox that had on their NFL scout in the afternoon. Russ Lande??

Venron Gholston is guy who will drafted(position wise) per his workouts and not his gametape.

Since Vernon Gholston didnt go like his Combine did and if Chris Longs Pro day goes like his Combine i think Chris Long is the right choise i think he is anyways but i think he will be a stud in the NFL

Guess you can't believe everything you hear or read...

Very good point, Mr. Ed. I too think Parcells is just seeing which way the wind blows with all of this time before the draft.

Personally, I think we'll go Chris Long or (an outside chance) Matt Ryan in this draft. I'd be happy with either, but this is a tough draft to be sitting at the top with no clear cut #1.

I was listening to Fox that had on their NFL scout in the afternoon. Russ Lande??

Venron Gholston is guy who will drafted(position wise) per his workouts and not his gametape.

Is the guy an idiot? NFL teams carefully watch prospects game tapes. NO Team solely goes off of workouts. Honestly I get the feeling we draft Chris Long instead. Once his proday rolls around Chris Long will wow scouts once again.

i think this is great news. but as always, just a smokescreen.

Is the guy an idiot? NFL teams carefully watch prospects game tapes. NO Team solely goes off of workouts. Honestly I get the feeling we draft Chris Long instead. Once his proday rolls around Chris Long will wow scouts once again.

Mike Mamula anyone?

Back
Top Bottom