Adam Schefter on the Dolphin's Interest in Gholston | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schefter on the Dolphin's Interest in Gholston

I was listening to Fox that had on their NFL scout in the afternoon. Russ Lande??

Venron Gholston is guy who will drafted(position wise) per his workouts and not his gametape.

that is usually a big mistake, the recipe for a bust

Very good point, Mr. Ed. I too think Parcells is just seeing which way the wind blows with all of this time before the draft.

I will third you on that point too Mr Ed!

Personally, I think we'll go Chris Long or (an outside chance) Matt Ryan in this draft. I'd be happy with either, but this is a tough draft to be sitting at the top with no clear cut #1.

I will second you on the above post. Great points and observations!

Mike Mammula? Please Gholston played well all year, even against the top OTs in college football. I am not saying we should draft him but please don't compare him to Mammula.

:err: First I've heard positive things about his pro day. Everyone else was saying how bad he looked in the LB drills. Stiff and muscle bound were mentioned.

Id just consider my sources on both accounts, although it seems evident that Parcells and Co. are very interested.

Mike Mamula is the reason why teams no longer just use combine numbers or Madden ratings when selecting a pick.

Heres the bottom line though, NFL front offices and scouts remember Mamula, and I dont think they're being scared away.

If we dont take Gholston so be it, but I dont want to face him twice a year for the next decade as a member of the Jet's or Pat's.

Id just consider my sources on both accounts, although it seems evident that Parcells and Co. are very interested.

I'm not trying to dis-credit either report just stating that I had heard from multiple sources the exact opposite. Personally I've always thought your play on the field outweighs your times and numbers in shorts, based on that I don't think Gholston will be the pick. Stranger things have happened though.

:err: First I've heard positive things about his pro day. Everyone else was saying how bad he looked in the LB drills. Stiff and muscle bound were mentioned.

The only report I've seen that said that was Russ Lande's. He could have looked even better in the private workout Monday for all anybody knows. And if you're warranting play more into it; Gholston had more sacks in two years than Chris Long did in four.

Off topic a little, but I know you've got the inside scoop on this. Being in Cincy, there's a lot of talk the Bengals are interested in Derrick Harvey if they can't land Dorsey or Ellis; any word on that?

The only report I've seen that said that was Russ Lande's. He could have looked even better in the private workout Monday for all anybody knows. And if you're warranting play more into it; Gholston had more sacks in two years than Chris Long did in four.

Off topic a little, but I know you've got the inside scoop on this. Being in Cincy, there's a lot of talk the Bengals are interested in Derrick Harvey if they can't land Dorsey or Ellis; any word on that?

As for the Long/Gholston sack comparison, I would expect that as they play different positions with Gholston having an advantage in sack situations. I just feel Long is overall a better player, just my opinion.

As for Harvey, I wouldn't be surprised if Cincy was interested. I know he showed up at the combine and surprised some with his size, in a good way. He is a pure pass rusher which they definitely need. Everywhere I've looked he is slotted as a mid 1st rounder.

As for the Long/Gholston sack comparison, I would expect that as they play different positions with Gholston having an advantage in sack situations. I just feel Long is overall a better player, just my opinion.

As for Harvey, I wouldn't be surprised if Cincy was interested. I know he showed up at the combine and surprised some with his size, in a good way. He is a pure pass rusher which they definitely need. Everywhere I've looked he is slotted as a mid 1st rounder.

Thanks for the info on Harvey. Everyone save me is a Bengals fan in my family, my dad especially, so I'm sure he'll be happy to hear about that. He's been pretty impressed with Harvey since he dominated OSU in the Title Game 2 years ago.

THIS NEWS is beneficial to us for sure IF the lambs are
really as interested as believed.

smoke screen? maybe, maybe not.

as far as parcells goes, i DO think he is smoke screening. and
that is good.

the rams and jets? i think not. i think there interest IS real.

HAVING THE RAMS so interested in vernon is great because
other teams who may covet him like the rams and jets may
trade with us to get at him.

and TEAMS DO give it away early.

remember how EVERYONE said miami was taking RONNIE BROWN
a good 3-4 months before the draft? i thought NO WAY! to
many people squaking. its gotta be smoke. [i was hoping it was]

card comes up.....RONNIE BROWN!

same with vernon carey.

so hopefully, the cats out of the bag with the
gushing rams. it gives us more trade posabilities!

I'm not trying to dis-credit either report just stating that I had heard from multiple sources the exact opposite. Personally I've always thought your play on the field outweighs your times and numbers in shorts, based on that I don't think Gholston will be the pick. Stranger things have happened though.

I agree Long is a better all around player. I would be please either selection.

Back
Top Bottom