adam schefters take on randy mueller hiring | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

adam schefters take on randy mueller hiring

jd13

Starter
Reaction score
dont know if anybody saw nfl total access but schefter said that a lot of people thought saban would hire a yes man...he said that mueller wont be a yes man and will be a nice compliment to saban...remember saban has final say...i think mueller will do a good job...

Good news!!! Adam Shefter is a good writer too, he covered the Broncos here in Colorado for the Denver Post for a long time......sounds like Muehler is going to give his honest opinion and is not going to be a rubber stamp.

Roman529 said:
Good news!!! Adam Shefter is a good writer too, he covered the Broncos here in Colorado for the Denver Post for a long time......sounds like Muehler is going to give his honest opinion and is not going to be a rubber stamp.

You know, I had a thought that maybe saban wants someone to challenge him. Maybe he wants to have a checks and balances system so that if he wants something but other people who are revered for having great football minds disagree, he may think twice. As opposed to yes men who tell him want he wants to hear.

Yeah, I just heard Adam Schefter on Total Access a little while ago. I was definitely glad to hear that he won't be a YES man and will be a great compliment to Saban. I really do think Mueller is going to do a good job here and I'm definitely excited. :mdfin:

Kinda falls in line with Saban's hiring of coaches with different backgrounds.

It just keeps getting better and better.

Any good Coach wants someone there to, not necessarily question him, but give him a different point of view or perspective so that the best possible decision can be made..

jd13 said:
dont know if anybody saw nfl total access but schefter said that a lot of people thought saban would hire a yes man...he said that mueller wont be a yes man and will be a nice compliment to saban...remember saban has final say...i think mueller will do a good job...
I was very suprised to see the hire of Mueller although am very happy! Mueller seems anything but a yes man though - he has a strong personality of his own and Saban must have known this otherwise he would not have hired him. I wonder if they have been working together, in an informal capacity, during the offseason?

It is hard to get evaluate a new head coach before they coach a real NFL game. But I will have to admit as a Bills fan that this was a great move by the Dolphins. Randy Mueller has a very solid track record in acquiring NFL talent and has a completely different background than Saban. While Saban will have final say it should be very interesting to see which positions Saban trusts Mueller on more. Just a guess but I would think that Saban will be more inclined to listen to other opinions on the offensive side of the ball.

This move was very important because it is next to impossible in today's NFL to be head coach, defensive coordinator, and GM at the same time. Most NFL coaches that take on too much responsibility without delegating grunt work underperform. The hiring of Mueller allows Saban to have more time doing what he should be doing....coaching.

Im very excited. Most "experts" said Sabans transition to the NFL would be smooth if he could surround himself with top tier talent.

Linehan,Houck and now Mueller....:)

Maybe Mueller was brought in simply to orchestrate another Ricky Williams trade.... :D

You have to think that shipping his favorite head case off to another team for high picks again would be on Mueller's mind.
How funny would that be.

Back
Top Bottom