Adam Schein on Bills owner Ralph Wilson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schein on Bills owner Ralph Wilson

TXFinFan

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5497044

Ralph Wilson really needs to stop talking. He has done a lot of good for the Bills, Western New York, and the NFL, but now he is embarrassing himself and killing the esteem of the Bills and their fans. To say that the new CBA hurts the Bills and other small market/revenue teams is simply an ignorant statement. The new CBA allows the Bills to retain their own free agents in the future. The new CBA ensures that they receive money from higher revenue clubs. And I cannot stomach listening to an owner crying poverty when he refuses to go out and make millions of dollars for his stadium's naming rights. In talking to Gene Upshaw, the executive director of the player's association, he frankly sounded flabbergasted listening to Wilson's reaction to the new CBA,

I spent seven wonderful years of my life in Syracuse, New York and care deeply about upstate New York, caring deeply about people in cities that are in the heart of Bills country like Syracuse, Rochester, Watertown, and especially Buffalo.

The Bills fans don't need to listen to Wilson fabricate sob stories nor do they need to hear threats of relocation, when the residents of lovely Western New York are so emotionally and financially attached to the team. They deserve better and this team can still win playing in Buffalo if they make the right football decisions. They deserve better than listening to an owner sound so clueless about something so important.

And the CBA had nothing to do with signing Robert Royal.

I just hope Wilson zips his lips.

The Bills fans deserve it.

Hopefully this will end the petition threads. Unless there is a petition for Ralph Wilson to shut his mouth. I will gladly sign that one.

TXFinFan said:
Hopefully this will end the petition threads. Unless there is a petition for Ralph Wilson to shut his mouth. I will gladly sign that one.

You must be dead on the inside. It's a petition, and it's suppose to be sent to PT{NFL Commish}. It's simply someone's attempt to petition, and voice the importance of keeping the Bills in Buffalo. Nothing more. Nobody is sending money to this guy, and nobody is forcing you do sign it anyway....

If you have a problem with Phinz fans giving the Bills some support through all of this, that's your own personal problem, not ours. You don't like it, don't read / respond to it. We could certainly do without your own personal campain to close it down that's for sure. Like I said, maybe you're just dead inside....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
You must be dead on the inside. It's a petition, and it's suppose to be sent to PT{NFL Commish}. It's simply someone's attempt to petition, and voice the importance of keeping the Bills in Buffalo. Nothing more. Nobody is sending money to this guy, and nobody is forcing you do sign it anyway....

If you have a problem with Phinz fans giving the Bills some support through all of this, that's your own personal problem, not ours. You don't like it, don't read / respond to it. We could certainly do without your own personal campain to close it down that's for sure. Like I said, maybe you're just dead inside....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Yeah, that's it. I'm dead inside because I don't want to support a completely unnecessary campaign. :rolleyes2 The only thing the Bills need is a new owner that is not senile. How do you think the Bills would have done with no salary cap? They would have been in more danger of having to move then. Tell Ralph to sell the stadium naming rights before he starts talking about selling the whole franchise.

You act like I'm talking about clubbing baby seals or something. It's just football. It's just a game. Get over yourself.

1 response. Oh wait, make that 2 now. wow....

Looks like you have alot of support here....:sidelol:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
1 response. Oh wait, make that 2 now. wow....

Looks like you have alot of support here....:sidelol:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

36 views. There is no need to respond to a truthful, informative thread. Just putting the info out there. Thanks for the support. :evil:

You sound bitter. :boohoo:

what your article did not talk about was revinue sharring. which is the point wilson was trying to make. the new deal does reduce some of the profits for the bills, but again, thats not what wilson was concerned about.

under this new deal, the qualifyers for revinue sharring have changed. and it is possible that under the new rules, the bills would not qualify. if that is the case the bills would lose several million dollars. that added to the already reduced profits may put teh bills into the red, which would eventually force the team to move.

wilson just wanted to get everyones attention and let them know what is at stake.

the NFL still doesnt completly understand the new deal and how each franchise will be effected. that alone should scare some people, since basically the owners agreed to a deal they didnt understand.

the bills are not alone in this, there are several other small market teams in the same boat.

also,
the bills could get maybe 1 or 2 mil a year from selling the naming rights of the stadium. wow. that would save the bills if they dont qualify for revinue sharring..... not.

also, i have read several articals that say the bills should be happy the new deal is in place because without it, there would be no cap and the bills would be screwed. but i say, what is the point of having a deal that keeps the cap in place if that same deal ends up forcing the bills to move out of buffalo. That is FAR worse than an uncapped year.

TXFinFan said:
Yeah, that's it. I'm dead inside because I don't want to support a completely unnecessary campaign. :rolleyes2 The only thing the Bills need is a new owner that is not senile. How do you think the Bills would have done with no salary cap? They would have been in more danger of having to move then. Tell Ralph to sell the stadium naming rights before he starts talking about selling the whole franchise.

You act like I'm talking about clubbing baby seals or something. It's just football. It's just a game. Get over yourself.

While your at it, tell Wayne to sell his naming rights too. :wink:

HiOctaneBills said:

I'm sure he would if it would help the Dolphins be competitive. :D

He is one of the top 5 owners in the NFL.

TXFinFan said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5497044

Ralph Wilson really needs to stop talking. He has done a lot of good for the Bills, Western New York, and the NFL, but now he is embarrassing himself and killing the esteem of the Bills and their fans. To say that the new CBA hurts the Bills and other small market/revenue teams is simply an ignorant statement. The new CBA allows the Bills to retain their own free agents in the future. The new CBA ensures that they receive money from higher revenue clubs. And I cannot stomach listening to an owner crying poverty when he refuses to go out and make millions of dollars for his stadium's naming rights. In talking to Gene Upshaw, the executive director of the player's association, he frankly sounded flabbergasted listening to Wilson's reaction to the new CBA,

I spent seven wonderful years of my life in Syracuse, New York and care deeply about upstate New York, caring deeply about people in cities that are in the heart of Bills country like Syracuse, Rochester, Watertown, and especially Buffalo.

The Bills fans don't need to listen to Wilson fabricate sob stories nor do they need to hear threats of relocation, when the residents of lovely Western New York are so emotionally and financially attached to the team. They deserve better and this team can still win playing in Buffalo if they make the right football decisions. They deserve better than listening to an owner sound so clueless about something so important.

And the CBA had nothing to do with signing Robert Royal.

I just hope Wilson zips his lips.

The Bills fans deserve it.
And I HOPE ralphy wilson lives and owns the billy's another 45 years!
:yes:

Marino1983

ch19079 said:
what your article did not talk about was revinue sharring. which is the point wilson was trying to make. the new deal does reduce some of the profits for the bills, but again, thats not what wilson was concerned about.

under this new deal, the qualifyers for revinue sharring have changed. and it is possible that under the new rules, the bills would not qualify. if that is the case the bills would lose several million dollars. that added to the already reduced profits may put teh bills into the red, which would eventually force the team to move.

wilson just wanted to get everyones attention and let them know what is at stake.

the NFL still doesnt completly understand the new deal and how each franchise will be effected. that alone should scare some people, since basically the owners agreed to a deal they didnt understand.

the bills are not alone in this, there are several other small market teams in the same boat.

also,
the bills could get maybe 1 or 2 mil a year from selling the naming rights of the stadium. wow. that would save the bills if they dont qualify for revinue sharring..... not.

also, i have read several articals that say the bills should be happy the new deal is in place because without it, there would be no cap and the bills would be screwed. but i say, what is the point of having a deal that keeps the cap in place if that same deal ends up forcing the bills to move out of buffalo. That is FAR worse than an uncapped year.

Actually under the old agreements there wasn't any revenue sharing amoung teams for money outside of national TV/NFL money (advertising, local radio, etc.). There weren't any past qualifiers that are being changed. The entire owner revenue sharing is new. Now, of that previous TV/NFL money not included and now "pooled", the bottom 17 revenue teams will contribute nothing. The top 15 contribute in varying percentages in 3 groups of 5 teams each. Don't know what any qualifiers are and haven't heard any mentioned except from Mr. Wilson. But would expect qualifiers of the shared money for the bottom seventeen is tied to operating income. For instance, the Bills were 25th in 2005 revenue and the new owner sharing keeps Mr. Wilon's operating income at the same level as 2005, 14th. How is that fair to the #14 & #15 teams sharing revenue with Mr. Wilson if it bumps them below Mr. Wilson in money made? As I stated on another thread, Mr. Wilson may end up making less money (instead of 14th operating income, 25th matching revenue for example) but the salary cap and an owner revenue sharing sharing system is in place to keep the Bills and small revenue teams competitive. But at Mr. Wilson's expense from previous years higher than average profits to revenue ratio instead of other owners expense. So if Bills move, blame Mr. Wilson.

Also think there should be qualifers for Mr. Wilson or any owner including Mr Huizenga on things like stadium rights when they are not selling their own stadium rights. Granted small maket teams may only get 1-2 million for Ralph Wilson Stadium Jr or Paul Brown Stadium. But if they want to receive money from big market stadum rights you've got to be part of the pool no matter how small.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9293654

HiOctaneBills said:
Why?
W Huizenga is a 2 time billionare.. He could buy and sell ole ralphy as many times as wished to!
:sidelol:

Marino1983

ch19079 said:

also,

The qualifiers have not been determined yet for which club gets how much money...He's rainsing hell in hope that he can get more power when the committe is formed.

Back
Top Bottom