Adam Shefter confirms that Jake Long is "not" a smokescreen... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Shefter confirms that Jake Long is "not" a smokescreen...

MrEd

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
1. Miami –- Negotiations for Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long kicked off two weeks ago – and have not commenced with anyone else, not Virginia defensive end Chris Long, not Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan, not LSU defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey, not Ohio State defensive end Vernon Gholston. The next player on the Dolphins draft board would be Gholston and Miami would face the same problem with him that it has with Jake Long; Gholston and Long are represented by the same agency, Tom Condon and CAA Football. So it almost has to be Long, whom Browns general manager Phil Savage called “a lock to be a Pro Bowler at right tackle.â€
Draft series

NFL.com's 10-part series looks at each position in the draft.

Thursday, April 10: QBs | Rankings
Friday, April 11: RBs | Rankings
Saturday, April 12: TEs | Rankings
Sunday, April 13: OL | Rankings
Monday, April 14: WRs | Rankings
Tuesday, April 15: DEs | Rankings
Wednesday, April 16: DTs | Rankings
Thursday, April 17: LBs | Rankings
Friday, April 18: CBs | Rankings
Saturday, April 19: Safeties | Rankings

Miami’s football poobah, Bill Parcells, has gone straight at Long as if no other prospects mattered. (PARCELLS WANTS JAKE LONG TO BE HIS NO. 1 PICK), and Long would like to go to Miami. Now the two sides must produce an agreement on which they have made some progress. But a deal, as of Monday, was not exactly close. Parcells wants Long to give the Dolphins a discount over the six-year, $61 million deal that last year’s No. 1 pick, JaMarcus Russell, signed with Oakland. Long is unwilling to sign for less. But there are creative ways that each side is looking into to get an agreement done before Saturday’s draft.
Even if there is no agreement, Parcells has made it clear for two weeks that Long is his guy; it is not a ruse nor a smokescreen. The Dolphins, to steal part of an expression from Miami general manager Jeff Ireland, have found “a pillar†for their offense.
Pick: Jake Long.

nice info but thats the best thing if he doesnt work out at LT carey can be moved to LT. both can play both sides adn even become GREAT G's WORST COMES TO WORST and clealry we know Carey has been a PBer type of player if not ready to become one at RT and even LT.

yeah thats the thing if he does not work out at lt, u could shift him around until he is comfortable at one position, but i think he will be great at lt. so u almost draft one player who could up to 3 positions lt, rt, and guard. pretty good problem to have

Yup. Vernon Carey at LT and Jake Long at RT is a pretty nice situation to be in. But I really think Bill and Ireland know what they are doing and I fully expect him to excel at LT. Even if he doesn't begin his career at LT, he can always develop elsewhere and move over. But seriously, Parcells putting as much focus on Jake Long as he has should say something about Jake Long

You have to believe Parcells has a "drop dead date" where if the deal isn't done, he moves on. We just don't know what that day and hour is. I don't want any player that hasn't agreed to terms by Saturday morning.

I just hope the contract gets done before saturday...we don't need a hold out.

Ozzy rules!!

Its funny cuz if we had a Left handed QB someone would say Jake Long is better suited at LT since hes left handed.

Oh and Tim Tebow comes out next year and hes left handed... ANY takers???

how the hell would AS know whether it is or isn't a smokescreen.

would the dolphins be lying to the entire world, but call AS to let him in on it if it were a smokescreen?? He's just guessing like everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom