Adamprez2003 Precombine Pre-freeagency Mock | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adamprez2003 Precombine Pre-freeagency Mock

BECK is IN.. C. LONG is #1 pick

after combine it will be obvious to all. I already like what our front office is doing and they haven't actually done anything yet!

Flozell Adams is coming in as LT... we are moving VC back to RT... leaving Satele at C and filling Guard positions with STRONG BEEF.

On the defensive front.. we are getting C. Long with #1 pick and putting him at OLB in the 34. Everyone will be saying this after they see his speed at the combine. We will probably move JT to OLB opposite of CL.

As for the defensive front.. we will be filling it with massively strong and big BEEF. Our pass rush is going to come from C. Long, JT, and Porter. We will not be asking our front 3 to do anything but clog the lanes and ensure that the tackles don't get to our LB's.

We will most likely bring in Keyshawn J and expect us to take a big Tight end in the 2nd round.

I think our couching staff should easily get this group to make a run at 8-8 and having Flozell at LT and VC at RT should enable Beck to develop nicely.

After this season -- we fill in the rest of the gaps and make a run at the playoffs in year 2.

i dont think we will see a QB drafted in the first half of the first-round

also, BRUNELL??? he is toast. hes going to retire

1st of three that will be adjusted after the combine and after free agency is complete

1) QB Matt Ryan Boston College- Bottom line after every endless argument over who's the best choice, who's worth the pick, who's number 1, it comes down to one important question for Parcells. Can he trust Beck to be the number one? - No. Will Matt Ryan be an improvement over John Beck? yes. This pick is the only chance Miami has at improving the QB position eiother through the draft or free agency. Matt Ryan is the only logical choice here. Defense will be addressed in free agency and later rounds in the draft

The only problem with that reasoning is the fact that we've announced that we're willing to trade down...if Parcells/Ireland really wanted Ryan, we'd stay right where we are to insure that we got him...I don't believe that they would gamble on losing him if they really wanted him.

Matt Ryan is not a top 10 QB let alone a top 5, or 3 pick. He has nowhere near the package an elite college QB prospect should have. Beck and Ryan are the same in terms of prospects and where they rank. So why is Ryan easier to trust than Beck? Is it because he is an undertalented gunslinger in the mould of a Cutler or Favre but without the arm or the play diagnostic capability?

Give some better reasons as to why Ryan is even a better prospect than Beck was before crowning him a #1 pick worth 60 Million please.

Better yet, give us 1 reason to even remotely think Beck is our unquestionable future and why we shouldn't seriously give Matt Ryan a good hard look???

i dont think we will see a QB drafted in the first half of the first-round

also, BRUNELL??? he is toast. hes going to retire

Brunnell is the vet QB I expect to be brought in. You can fill in any of the following: Brunnell, Bledsoe or Green. I think Bledsoe will stay retired and Green may go into the booth so that leaves Brunnell by default. I would prefer someone younger like Volek but this is what Parcells does

1st of three that will be adjusted after the combine and after free agency is complete

1) QB Matt Ryan Boston College- Bottom line after every endless argument over who's the best choice, who's worth the pick, who's number 1, it comes down to one important question for Parcells. Can he trust Beck to be the number one? - No. Will Matt Ryan be an improvement over John Beck? yes. This pick is the only chance Miami has at improving the QB position eiother through the draft or free agency. Matt Ryan is the only logical choice here. Defense will be addressed in free agency and later rounds in the draft

The only problem with that reasoning is the fact that we've announced that we're willing to trade down...if Parcells/Ireland really wanted Ryan, we'd stay right where we are to insure that we got him...I don't believe that they would gamble on losing him if they really wanted him.

Bingo. If Ryan was such a franchise, cant miss prospect they wouldnt be trying to trade out of the pick.

you know how i feel about ryan but Phillip Merling? as an alternative? are you saying hes a possible #1 overall pick?

I have to disagree with you a bit. I don't see Bryant available in the 3rd round, even though I personally don't like him. Also Wheeler might be available at 2a but not 2b IMO.

Ok, so I guess ur opinion is worth more than mike mayock, chris mortenson, mel kiper, and todd mchshays then? ok? I'll go with mayock. Matt Ryan is the #1 rated "player", period in this year's draft. And he has him as a Peyton Manning type of QB caliber.
If Ryan is anywhere near Peyton then I must be the second coming of Steve Young Lol if Mayock really has him rated that high then hes smoking rickys stuff

Back
Top Bottom