Add the Falcons to the C.J. mix. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Add the Falcons to the C.J. mix.

fishypete

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Billy Devaney Sr. Personnel Executive for the Atlanta Falcons stated today on Sirius NFL Radio that the Falcons are interested in moving up to the Lions pick at #2 if Calvin Johnson is passed-up by the Raiders...Devaney also stated that he would be shocked if S LaRon Landry was still available at the Falcons pick at #8...this confirms what I was told by a source and had posted in My 04/23 column.

4/23

rumors are still circulating that the Falcons will make a concerted effort to move up into the Lions pick and land WR Calvin Johnson in the Draft...this rumor isn't as far fetched as people might think because the Falcons have the ammunition (two second round picks #39&44) to make the move and the Lions want desperately to move down in the Draft...the Lions have two prospects targeted (Gaines Adams and Patrick Willis) and one of them will be available at the Falcons pick

Wow, this makes sense for both teams. Whole lotta shakin' goin on.

If I were the falcons with Michael Vick at the helm, I'd do whatever it took to get CJ. That would just be scary, and is what Vick needs in my opinion. That kind of speed would give defenses nightmares. They'd have to double CJ which would open up running lanes for both Vick and their running game. That would be scary stuff and certainly fun to watch...

Back
Top Bottom