Adderley A Good Fit For The New, "multiple" Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adderley A Good Fit For The New, "multiple" Miami Dolphins

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
AP_18300832052079-e1541094029772-1024x683.jpg

An important preface this article: this is an exploration into how Delaware safety Nasir Adderley would fit in Miami, not necessarily that he’ll be expected to land there. Safety does not sit atop the list of needs, or even wants. Especially the way, a quarterback or defensive lineman would for fans (and for the front office).

But Adderley would be a tremendous get for the Dolphins, particularly if they could somehow secure him in the 2nd-round of the 2019 NFL Draft. As the draft creeps closer and closer, expect Adderley’s stock to be on the rise.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...good-fit-for-the-new-multiple-miami-dolphins/

We'll need more safety help in the future anyways, if a good looking one falls to us- might be hard to pass up

I'm thinking get DL help in the 1st and pick up this kid in the 2nd. Ideally, I would drop to the bottom of the 2nd and pick up some more picks.

I'm thinking get DL help in the 1st and pick up this kid in the 2nd. Ideally, I would drop to the bottom of the 2nd and pick up some more picks.

Ehh after drafting Minkah Miami has a lot bigger needs than safety. Even corner would be a bigger need than safety. Would much rather see DL/OL than safety, too.

Ehh after drafting Minkah Miami has a lot bigger needs than safety. Even corner would be a bigger need than safety. Would much rather see DL/OL than safety, too.
I hear what your saying. But I think Minkah stays at slot corner, Adderley comes in at FS and the one high priced player we keep is Xavien. That secondary should be lights out, at least on paper.

as much as we're paying McCain to be a top notch slot corner Minkahs ass better wind up at safety. Ill give BM a pass on last year because he wasn't playing in his best position and MF was having to play 5 different positions it seemed. damn our defensive coaching and strategies sucked. last year we should've stuck to BM in the slot because he sucks boundary, and either told MF you're getting a redshirt year as a boundary and we are going to keep rest of secondary in their normal positions, or go ahead and put MF at safety and figure out what the hell to do with TJ. but yes at some point we will need to solidify the other S position. TJM and RJ both need to be replaced, but this year the D and O line are so much better. but no way we need to spend a high pick this year on safety unless we can get more draft capital. unless we can somehow shed TJM or RJ, or tell MF that he needs to learn boundary ASAP then a 2nd round DB is going to be sitting on his hands for a year...or at least until RJ goes back out with a shoulder injury. I really just want the coaches to tell MF exactly where he is going to play so he can get settled in, its like even he said 'he needs to know because he needs to adjust his body type to the position'

as much as we're paying McCain to be a top notch slot corner
My point exactly. He's one of the bad contracts we have. In my world he gets cut just like the rest of the overinflated cap mistakes we made. There is no way he is worth the $11+ mil. we are going to pay him. His cap hit is substantial, but we were told that it is going to be painful.

Last edited:
My point exactly. He's one of the bad contracts we have. In my world he gets cut just like the rest of the overinflated cap mistakes we made. There is no way he is worth the $11+ mil. we are going to pay him. His cap hit is substantial, but we were told that it is going to be painful.

I thought he was in the 6-7 mil a year range?

https://overthecap.com/player/bobby-mccain/3993/

he def wouldn't be cut this year. 11 million dollar hit I think compared to paying him 6.3 mil.

if he goes back to playing lights out at his natural position in slot then 6 mil really isn't bad for him

I hear what your saying. But I think Minkah stays at slot corner, Adderley comes in at FS and the one high priced player we keep is Xavien. That secondary should be lights out, at least on paper.

I don't think that's the plan. Bobby McCain is fine as a slot corner and just got a new contract last offseason. McCain was severely miscast on the boundary and in a strange coverage scheme. Miami's bigger need is boundary corner, since the only one really worth a damn on the roster is Howard.

Back
Top Bottom