Adelman fired | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adelman fired

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Rick Adelman was fired by the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday despite leading the club to eight consecutive playoff appearances as the most successful coach in franchise history.

Geoff Petrie, the Kings' president of basketball operations, gave only murky reasons for the decision, which probably was caused by clashing egos and the empty trophy case of owners Joe and Gavin Maloof, who are widely thought to be behind Adelman's departure.

Sacramento was eliminated from the playoffs on Friday by the San Antonio Spurs.

"I came to the conclusion that continuing this way just wasn't feasible," said Petrie, who also hired Adelman -- his former roommate from their playing days -- when both worked in Portland. "The dynamic that needed to be there to help it move forward just wasn't there."

The Kings also declined to renew the contracts of Adelman's four assistants: Elston Turner, T.R. Dunn, Bubba Burrage and Pete Carril, the Hall of Fame former Princeton coach who spent nine of the last 10 years as a Sacramento assistant.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/05/09/adelman.ap/index.html

playmaker1 said:
they shouldn't have traded Webber

Yea Webb's making a winner out of Philly.. Webbs done they got rid of him at the right time.
Sacramento is just not that great of a team, never has been. I don't think anyone could get more out of them than Adleman did.

finfansince72 said:
Yea Webb's making a winner out of Philly.. Webbs done they got rid of him at the right time.
Sacramento is just not that great of a team, never has been. I don't think anyone could get more out of them than Adleman did.

C. Webb had a nice season this year though...

i think rick got the raw end of the deal. 8 straigh years in the playoffs, almost upset the #1 seed, had to get a team to play together after basically rearranging it mid way. He is a good coach

How you could fire a coach who took your from constant losers to 8 straight playoff seasons boggles my mind

Is Adelman the guy that Spreewell almost choked to death or is that PJ Carlisimo?...they look alike.

Section126 said:
C. Webb had a nice season this year though...

Webb fills up the stats sheet, but his teams do nothing. Im a Wiz fan, trust me Ive seen up close and personal, if you want to win you don't trade for Webber, he's fools gold.

Roman529 said:
Is Adelman the guy that Spreewell almost choked to death or is that PJ Carlisimo?...they look alike.

That's PJ.

I kind of understand firing Adelman, eventually, just going to the playoffs every year isnt enough.

DonShula84 said:
That's PJ.

I kind of understand firing Adelman, eventually, just going to the playoffs every year isnt enough.

yuh i can see that, but they were proably 1 shot away from beating the spurs and playing the mavericks right now.

Some loyalty. Adelman made that franchise....then gets screwed over. They trade away his players for uncoachable malcontents and he still makes it into the playoffs. The Maloofs are in for a rude awakening if they think they can find some lackey that will do a better job.

Back
Top Bottom