Adelman fired | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adelman fired

Ferretsquig said:
Some loyalty. Adelman made that franchise....then gets screwed over. They trade away his players for uncoachable malcontents and he still makes it into the playoffs. The Maloofs are in for a rude awakening if they think they can find some lackey that will do a better job.

Dude, honestly, this is the NBA, coaches are lucky if they last a season. Adelman was blessed to be there as long as he was. He maximized what he was going to get out of that franchise and I definitely think it was the right decision for both to part ways. Coaches come and go in the NBA and NHL more then any other major sport. He's lucky he lasted as long as he did. I think aside from Jerry Sloan and Greg Popavich (maybe 1 or 2 other coaches, don't know off the top of the dome) no coach has been with their team longer then 3 or 4 years tops. That just goes to show you that you either are successful early in the NBA or your not going to have a chance to be succesfull at all!

Rocky Raccoon said:
How you could fire a coach who took your from constant losers to 8 straight playoff seasons boggles my mind

he made everybody forget the Wayman Tisdale days where winning 28 games would be a milestone!

DonShula84 said:
That's PJ.

I kind of understand firing Adelman, eventually, just going to the playoffs every year isnt enough.

I don't think it's a wise approach. Look how PIttsburgh was rewarded by sticking with Cowher for over a decade, even if he only pulled home a title last year.

I'm not saying nobody should fire coaches but it gets to the point where if you as a coach don't win a title in 5 years you're done.

Back
Top Bottom