adrian peterson at # 9 ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

adrian peterson at # 9 ?

Don't underestimate Ronnie yo he's a beast. Give him some time and a decent offense to play in like LT and LJ do. Let's nab a guy in the mid rounds.

Peterson would be great if we did not have a decent back already. This team has bigger needs than a RB and although Peterson will probably be an elite back we would do better thrying to get an elite lineman.

If Peterson is there at #9, then expect a few teams to be calling us up with some good offers to move up and get him. (i.e. Green Bay, NYG or even the Cowboys)

Personally I don't think Gaines Adams will still be there at #9 so the idea of trading down a few spots and picking up some extra picks is a bad idea. Trading down to the 13-18 pick area and picking up a guy like Leon Hall or Paul Posluszny along with another 2nd or 3rd round pick might be the best option for us.

if we don't move up for quinn or russell and thomas johnson ginn and jarrett are all off the board if peterson..is there at 9 we must take him to pair with ronnie brown especially not knowing about the status of ricky williams?

Why spend a high draft pick on another RB when we already have a stud at running back and a decent backup with Sammy Morris. Did you see the burst he had when he filled in for Ronnie. I'm not banking on Ricky.

We need a LT, a big play receiver, since Dom is still here we need a DE/LB(Spragan is just not cutting it) , or Laron Landry at FS and pick up a free agent CB.

Knowing the personnel that made Cam effective in SD, we need a more athletic TE more of a Dallas Baker/Antonio Gates/Jeremy Shockey type, McMicheal is on his last legs-too fragile.

Don't forget a physical FB that can carry the ball as well.

if we don't move up for quinn or russell and thomas johnson ginn and jarrett are all off the board if peterson..is there at 9 we must take him to pair with ronnie brown especially not knowing about the status of ricky williams?

Peterson will be off the board before Ginn or Jarrett.

yet another one one of the many stupid post we'll have to deal with until the draft. saying that we need so much more help that at rb.

what ever happened to fred beasly sorry if that is a stupid question just one week i noticed he wasnt there on are roster i was really excited about him beging on the team

what ever happened to fred beasly sorry if that is a stupid question just one week i noticed he wasnt there on are roster i was really excited about him beging on the team

He couldn't beat Barnes and was released prior to the beginning of the season. He did received a tryout with Minnesota but wasn't signed.

Peterson at 9 would be a stupid move even if he is BPA. We already have a possibly injury prone franchise RB on our team, we cant afford to invest in 2 first round RBs, we might as well be the Detroit Lions for whatever good that pick might do. Maybe we can take another one next year too!

We DO however need offense in the worst way-the only way we dont draft offense early is if there is nobody the staff deems good enough for that pick/ranked that high. OFEENSE!!

I think most of us can agree that RB is not an area to address in round 1. However, I think what people are thinking is that we would have some cards to play if he falls to us. There are some teams that likely want and need a guy like Peterson, so I hope he does fall to us and we can work a deal for another 1st day pick. Obviously if another guy falls through the cracks like Quinn, Adams, Johnson or Thomas its a no brainer to pass on Peterson.

i would not draft a RB unless it was in the late rounds. like someone said gaines adams would be a great pick

Why spend a high draft pick on another RB when we already have a stud at running back and a decent backup with Sammy Morris. Did you see the burst he had when he filled in for Ronnie. I'm not banking on Ricky.

We need a LT, a big play receiver, since Dom is still here we need a DE/LB(Spragan is just not cutting it) , or Laron Landry at FS and pick up a free agent CB.

Knowing the personnel that made Cam effective in SD, we need a more athletic TE more of a Dallas Baker/Antonio Gates/Jeremy Shockey type, McMicheal is on his last legs-too fragile.

Don't forget a physical FB that can carry the ball as well.

Sammy ran better when he came back for two reasons.
1. He was auditioning for a new job.
2. He had much better blocking by the time he returned. Shelton had been moved to rt guard, and the OLine was coming together.

Amen on the snot knocking safety to go with Yeremiah Bell who did well when given the opportunity. A stud CB, yes you can't get enough.

Amen on the LT, quality TE thats a stud. get Toledo ready at LG. We also need a stud at center. Cameron mentioned that he believed in building from the middle out. Center- QB- RB. We haven't had a center that was a bull of the woods since Dwight Stephenson. We went after Kruetz and Maawe, they both declined. Draft one. Feed him gunpowder. Tell him the nose tackle he's facing has been talking about his MOM and his baby sister.
We need for all of our OLine guys to not stop blocking until they have laid down 2 guys each. Thats when your OLine gets you to the SUPERBOWL. We all know the war is won in the trenches.

BTW, we released a Quality FB that could carry the ball. NE signed him, #44 Heath Evans. He has made us pay for it every time we played against him.
McMichael doesn't seem to be able to block chip and catch as well as he should. He has talent, but doesn't seem to show it often enough. maybe he doesn't keep his body in shape to be able to accomplish that. Zach Thomas somehow does stay ready even though he has more hits against his body than any player on the roster. Maybe McMike needs a hyperbaric chamber.
We need new weight room and conditioning talent. Two of the guys just left or got canned. We need some NEW talent to keep our talent ready to play.
Hopefully Free Agency can get us a CB,TE, and maybe LT.

:dolphins::dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom