AFC East All Starting team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East All Starting team

K-Ro25

Scout Team
Reaction score
Just bored so I decided to do a all AFC east team. Thought it would be a fun discussion. I used a 3-4 on defense since 3 out of the 4 teams in the AFC East use 3-4 and I used a 3 WR, 1 TE look on offense. Any who.........

QB-Tom Brady - New England PatriotsAll but a formality here he clearly is the best QB in the division and probably the league. As much as I hate Tom I respect the hell out of him and dont think he would be praying like a ***** at the end of an AFC championship game like Manning.

Backups
Chad Pennington - New York Jets
J.P. Losman - Buffalo Bills

RB-Thomas Jones - New York Jets
Strong tough runner. I could have put Maroney here but his injury concerns scared me off a little bit and I would just like to see him perform as a fulltime starter.

Backups
Ronnie Brown - Miami Dolphins (happy now fins fans:wink:)
Laurence Maroney - New England Patriots

WR-Ted Ginn no just kidding Randy Moss - New England Patriots
He gets here a lot on reputation but he still will be a top ten WR at worst with Brady.

WR-Lee Evans - Bufalo Bills
Burner quickly emerging receiver in his fourth year. Close to 1300 yards and 8 TD's last year

WR-Laveranues Coles - New York Jets
A tough receiver plays through a lot of injuries. Good speed and can serve as a possesion guy or a deep threat.

Backups
Jerricho Cotchery - New York Jets
Donte Stallworth - New England Patriots

TE-Ben Watson - New England Patriots
He kinda wins by default because theres not much competition. Watson is very gifted athletically. Good hands speed and size for a TE, blocking is just ok IMO.

Backup
Chris Baker - New York Jets

LT-Matt Light - New England Patriots

Backup
D'Brickashaw Ferguson - New York Jets

G-Logan Mankins - New England Patriots

Backup
Pete Kendall - New York Jets

C-Nick Mangold - New York Jets

Backup
Dan Koppen - New England Pats

G-Derrick Dockery - Buffalo Bills

Backup
Stephen Neal - New England Patriots

RT-Jason Peters - Buffalo Bills

Backup

Vernon Carey - Miami Dolphins

LE- Ty Warren - New England Patriots

Very underrated and could be seeing his first pro bowl soon.

Backup
Aaron Schobel - Buffalo Bills

NT-Vince Wilfork - New England Patriots
Big boy up the middle engages two blockers and is great against the run.

Backup
Keith Traylor Miami - Dolphins

RE- Richard Seymour - New England Patriots
A lot of what he does goes unnoticed he doesnt put up monster sack totals but is great at taking up blockers and creating push

Backup

Shaun Ellis - New York Jets

OLB-Adalius Thomas - New England Patriots

Just a pure beast, can play almost every position on defense. Great speed and demon on D.

Backup
Roosevelt Colvin - New England Patriots

ILB-Zach Thomas - Miami Dolphins
He would be a little undersized in the 3-4 but as long as you have the big boy at nose he should be fine. Look at a guy like Donnie Edwards at 225 but had Jamal Williams. Very smart, tough, leader on D.

ILB-Jonathan Vilma - New York Jets
Struggled a bit his first year in the 3-4 but came on late in the year. You give him a true big NT and he is a pro bowl quality LB

Backups
Mike Vrabel - New England Patriots
Teddy Bruschi - New England Patriots

OLB-Jason Taylor - Miami Dolphins
He hasnt taken a down in the 3-4 but this DPOY has the athletic skills to play 3-4 OLB and is just too much of a beast to not have on an all division D.

Backup
Joey Porter - Miami Dolphins

CB-Asante Samuel - New England Patriots?
Emerged last year and is arguably a top 5 CB in football. Played lights out in the 07 playoffs.

CB-Andre Dyson - New York Jets
Very good corner and somewhat underrated. Had a really good season last year in Mangini's defense.

Backups
Ellis Hobbs - New England Patriots
Will Allen - Miami Dolphins

FS-Kerry Rhodes - New York Jets
Statistically he had the best year out of any safety in the NFL last year. He was snubbed in the pro bowl but dont be fooled. Good blend of size and speed, he has the prototype build of a FS.

Backup
Ko Simpson Buffalo - Bills

SS- Donte Whitner - Buffalo Bills
Maybe a little be questionable that I didnt put in Rodney Harrison but he is coming off injuries and at his age his performance is unknown to me. Whitner is very versatile in pass coverage and run support

Backup
Rodney Harrison - New England Patriots

KR-Justin Miller - New York Jets
PR-Roscoe Parrish- Buffalo Bills

K-Rian Lindell - Buffalo Bills
p- Brian Moorman - Buffalo Bills

Coach Bill Belichick - New England Patriots
DC-Eric Mangini - New York Jets
OC-Cam Cameron - Miami Dolphins
ST-Mike Westhoff - New York Jets

I certainly disagree with the RBs, but it's not worth arguing since it isn't too terrible a ranking. My main complaint is your backups at WR. Chris Chambers should be ahead of both of those two on the back-up chart(at least).

I certainly disagree with the RBs, but it's not worth arguing since it isn't too terrible a ranking. My main complaint is your backups at WR. Chris Chambers should be ahead of both of those two on the back-up chart(at least).

Im going on production not talent. Talent wise ronnie brown has the most talent at RB in the AFC east but it has been proven before that Thomas Jones is a more effective at runningback. Where was Chris Chambers last year? Give me Cotchery over Chambers, I have no issue with him over Stallworth.

OLB-Jason Taylor - Miami Dolphins
He hasnt taken a down in the 3-4 but this DPOY has the athletic skills to play 3-4 OLB and is just too much of a beast to not have on an all division D.

JT played in the 3-4 all last season :confused:

Right now I would have Mangold as a backup to Koppen. But anyways, I agree with most of your picks except for a few question marks on the running backs.

I am sure people will have various arguments, but overall this is a very well put together post. Fair and with reasons behind each choice.

Great job!

The TE spot is pretty interesting. I haven't thought about it since McMichael left, and I guess I haven't realized that there really isn't any great TEs in the AFC east.

Im going on production not talent. Talent wise ronnie brown has the most talent at RB in the AFC east but it has been proven before that Thomas Jones is a more effective at runningback. Where was Chris Chambers last year? Give me Cotchery over Chambers, I have no issue with him over Stallworth.

If that's the case, RB should certainly be ahead of Maroney.

JT played in the 3-4 all last season :confused:
Sorry about that didnt realize that. I also had question marks like Bryan Thomas over Colvin. I didnt want to be a homer so I took the track record over one year of play. I stand by my call at RB that its 1) Jones 2) Maroney 3) Ronnie

Sorry about that didnt realize that. I also had question marks like Bryan Thomas over Colvin. I didnt want to be a homer so I took the track record over one year of play. I stand by my call at RB that its 1) Jones 2) Maroney 3) Ronnie

Well it just goes against your own 'ranking by production' mantra.

yeah maroney put up similar (though less in yardage rushing and receiving) numbers to ronnie his rookie year... i dont see how his production puts him ahead of Ronnie... especially when you have to know Maroney was on a far better offense all around which made it easier for him to succeed...

So you're going production not talent with a pick like Whitner over Harrison? Going production over talent with Maroney over Brown? Going production over talent with Ty Warren over Vonnie Holliday? It seems like you didn't really look at production at all.

You really believe it's Jones, Maroney, then Brown based on production? You might want to look at some statistics. I understand the Jones pick. But, Maroney over Brown on production? I don't think you went by production whatsoever.

So you're going production not talent with a pick like Whitner over Harrison? Going production over talent with Maroney over Brown? Going production over talent with Ty Warren over Vonnie Holliday? It seems like you didn't really look at production at all.

You really believe it's Jones, Maroney, then Brown based on production? You might want to look at some statistics. I understand the Jones pick. But, Maroney over Brown on production? I don't think you went by production whatsoever.

Harrison didnt play that much last year. Whitner had 102 tackles and an INT I believe. Ty Warren is a better player and had a better year then vonnie last year so I dont know where that came from. I understand the argument for my ronnie pick. Maybe i should have thrown in o-line play and overall team talent and that maroney was the second back in a run offense. Ronnie could be over maroney or vice versa, it was really close with me. If its that big a deal I will just put ronnie 2. BTW I spoke incorrectly, I am going production over talent but talent will not be eliminated from my decision

By the end of this season, JP will have seated himself as the #2 QB in the division and there will be no arguing that Lee Evans is the best WR in the east.

Harrison didnt play that much last year. Whitner had 102 tackles and an INT I believe. Ty Warren is a better player and had a better year then vonnie last year so I dont know where that came from. I understand the argument for my ronnie pick. Maybe i should have thrown in o-line play and overall team talent and that maroney was the second back in a run offense. Ronnie could be over maroney or vice versa, it was really close with me. If its that big a deal I will just put ronnie 2. BTW I spoke incorrectly, I am going production over talent but talent will not be eliminated from my decision

I'm just trying to figure out what you selection criterion is then. It seems as if you favored talent more with some players rather than production, and with other players favored production more than talent. If you go by last year's production, Shaun Ellis is a first teamer over Richard Seymour. You sayd Harrison was hurt, well Richard Seymour has missed one game in every season of his career all but 2 seasons. All I'm saying is that you're selection criteria is way off. This is just more you're biased opinion than actually basing it on production, or an actual graded level of talent. Either way, I think you're wrong on many accounts.

Back
Top Bottom