AFC East Becoming Elite? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East Becoming Elite?

Ricky_Fan34

Suns and Fins superfan
Reaction score
Just a couple years ago, the AFC East was one of the least exciting divisions in the entire NFL. Lacking talent and competition, the Patriots were hardly ever even challenged by a division rival. For years the Patriots would stomp the Dolphins, Jets, and Bills into the ground easily.

How things have changed though. I look at the AFC East and it reminds me distinctly of the NFC East. 3 good teams, and 1 mediocre team. Whether it be by default that the worst become the best at some point or not, the AFC Easy has risen to the top, and may very well be the most interesting division to watch for the next 3-5 years.

Additions like Randy Moss, Karlos Dansby, Brandon Marshall, Santonio Holmes, Shonne Green, Braylon Edwards, Jake Long, Chad Henne, Mark Sanchez, and Darrelle Revis have all given the AFC East competitors some of the stiffest competition out there. Each team in the AFC East has an above average or elite reciever. Lee Evans, Brandon Marshall, Santonio Holmes, Randy Moss, Wes Welker. All of these names are household amongst NFL fans, and to have this many stars all in the same division is amazing in itself.

While the Bills are still a bottom feeder team, every division has it's downfall. They are like the Redskins of the AFC East. They show signs of being great once in a while, but never can put it all together. The Patriots, are consistantly good, rarely ever missing the playoffs like the Eagles. The Dolphins are built just like the Cowboys and thus are like the Cowboys. And the Jets are a combination of the Giants and the Redskins.

How will the Dolphins fare in the race for the AFCE title? Time will tell.

Great read except the part when you compared the AFC East to the NFC East. I dont agree with that but i do agree that the AFC East is becoming on of the strongest divisions in football, IMO the strongest in the AFC and maybe soon the NFL.

Great read except the part when you compared the AFC East to the NFC East. I dont agree with that but i do agree that the AFC East is becoming on of the strongest divisions in football, IMO the strongest in the AFC and maybe soon the NFL.
The paragraph that I compared it to the NFC East I was kind of reeling through some of it. Thanks for the feedback though.:thanks:

The AFC East was the best div from around '96 or so through '02. The NFC East has been good but not great and we have a better div than the NFC East right now.

^i agree everybody always overhypes the nfc east

from top to bottom, afc east is better

The AFC East was the best div from around '96 or so through '02. The NFC East has been good but not great and we have a better div than the NFC East right now.

Talent wise, the AFC East is argubly better, but I do think the NFC East is more competitive.

Looking at the NFC East right, any 4 of those teams could win it. The Redskins with Shanny and McNabb there will be much more competitive than last season. The Eagles may have lost McNabb but they still have some good talent there and a system that has brought them moderate success for years. The Cowboys have pretty much the same team as last year, which made the playoffs, while the Giants still have good talent and upgraded their secondary during the offseason. The question over the Giants is can their defense regain the form of 2008.

The Bills drag down the competitveness of the AFC East.

Talent wise, the AFC East is argubly better, but I do think the NFC East is more competitive.

Looking at the NFC East right, any 4 of those teams could win it. The Redskins with Shanny and McNabb there will be much more competitive than last season. The Eagles may have lost McNabb but they still have some good talent there and a system that has brought them moderate success for years. The Cowboys have pretty much the same team as last year, which made the playoffs, while the Giants still have good talent and upgraded their secondary during the offseason. The question over the Giants is can their defense regain the form of 2008.

The Bills drag down the competitveness of the AFC East.

I disagree, I think Shanahan is an incredibly overrated coach who has done nothing w/o Elway and Philly is relying on Kolb now so we have no idea what they can do. Dallas and NYG are good teams but nothing special. I think we have 3 teams thast could make a deep run in January. The Bills drag us down BUT washington won 4 games last year, they'll win more but I think they will be in the same ballpark as Buffalo.

I would put the nfc north above the nfc east just because the Vikings and Green Bay are so good. The bears made a couple of moves this year but im guessing their gonna finish behind the Lions this year who have really been working on improving their team. AFC East is definitely the best in football.

Redskins>bills.

And we r def one of the best. We always have been tho. We were def the best in the late 90s and have remained up there even when us n the jets weren't too good. Still competed w the pats on gameday I agree we r becoming an elite division. The nfc north looks good but I still think its the nfc east. Giants won the sb 2 yrs ago. Eagles have been to nfc championship like what 5 times the last 10 yrs? Cowboys make the playoffs a good amount and beat the best team in football last year. And washington still trumps buffalo imo. So until the season says otherwise I give it to the nfc east. We can all agree the east in general dominates tho.

Nice read I agree with everyone about the AFC East being a premier division. I disagree that the NFC East is our counter part. I would give that honor to the NFC South. I believe that is the toughest division in the NFC and it is a toss up between them and us for toughest overall. If I were to rank by divisions it would look something like this.

1. AFC EAST, NFC SOUTH
2. NFC EAST, AFC SOUTH
3. NFC NORTH, AFC NORTH
4. AFC WEST,
5. NFC WEST

I think the Giants Eagles and Cowboys are about average at this point with Washington still the bottom feeder but very close to average depending on how things pan out.

Back
Top Bottom