AFC East Biggest Questions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East Biggest Questions

miadolphins101

Practice Squad
Reaction score
There are many questions that arise coming from the AFC East. First, Matt Moore is going to be facing a-lot more competition this season. Two newcomers (Ryan Tannehill and David Garrard) will be starting in training camp soon, and I'm sure that they will be giving their all. But who will be the starting quarterback and who will be the back-up quarterback. It's between Ryan Tannehill and David Garrard, and they might just want to flip a coin and decide. It looks like it'll be a battle between the vets and the rookies.

What are your takes with the AFC East?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccq-BO3h9nE&list=PL79320BE3FD720A6A&index=1&feature=plpp_video

I think David Garrard wins the qb job in Miami, at least initially. At the halfway point, the coaches will evaluate where the team is and if Ryan Tannehill is ready. I think Garrard is more suited to a WCO than Matt Moore, is more accurate and more mobile. Moore has a knack for big plays, though. As far as other teams question marks I think for the Jets it's clearly a make or break year for Mark Sanchez. If he doesn't improve significantly, I look for New York to draft a quarterback high in the 2013 draft. For Buffalo, I think their biggest question is offensive line. The Bills took a lot of linemen in the draft including Cordy Glenn so they may have improved there. I think Buffalo has passed the Jets and Dolphins right now. New England has questions on the defensive side, but should once again win at least 11 games and likely cruise to a division title.

The biggest question for NE is OL and health.
The biggest question for NYJ is QB.
The biggest question for BUF is QB.
The biggest question for MIA is QB.

Pretty sad, isn't it?

Biggest questions:
BUFFALO: Will the D be as good as Bills fans hope?
MIAMI: Who will be their starting QB?
NE: How much will Tom Brady miss Matt Light?
NYJ: When will Mark Sanchez lose his job to Tim Tebow?​

Pretty sad, isn't it?

Not sure what you're talking about but OL is not even close to being a question mark for the Pats. Solder started games at both LT and RT as rookie last season and was an upgrade at both positions when he played. Light was a very good LT over the years but Solder is far and away a more talented a player. In fact even Marcus Cannon started a couple of games at RT and right Guard as rookie last year and held his own. Sorry but you don't really know what your talking about if you think the O Line is even in the top 5 question marks with the Pats. Now if you said CB I could agree with you but the Oline has a ton of both starting talent and depth.

Not sure what you're talking about but OL is not even close to being a question mark for the Pats. Solder started games at both LT and RT as rookie last season and was an upgrade at both positions when he played. Light was a very good LT over the years but Solder is far and away a more talented a player. In fact even Marcus Cannon started a couple of games at RT and right Guard as rookie last year and held his own. Sorry but you don't really know what your talking about if you think the O Line is even in the top 5 question marks with the Pats. Now if you said CB I could agree with you but the Oline has a ton of both starting talent and depth.

I was referring to the injuries you guys had last year on OL. That's why I said OL and​ health.......

As Wayne Hunter of the Jets has shown, there's a big difference between being a competent sub (which Hunter was when filling in or Woody in 2010) and a decent starter (which Hunter wasn't in 2011), especially at OT. Now, Solder is a youngster who was taken high in the draft NOT a career backup so he should have room to improve, but he's replacing a Pro Bowler permanently now, so teams will be able to better build a "file" on his strengths and weaknesses.

As Wayne Hunter of the Jets has shown, there's a big difference between being a competent sub (which Hunter was when filling in or Woody in 2010) and a decent starter (which Hunter wasn't in 2011), especially at OT. Now, Solder is a youngster who was taken high in the draft NOT a career backup so he should have room to improve, but he's replacing a Pro Bowler permanently now, so teams will be able to better build a "file" on his strengths and weaknesses.

That’s a fair assessment, yet he didn’t perform as sub mind you, he started multiple times and was flat out dominating in some of them. My point being that the original list of AFC East question marks was weak when evaluating what the Patriots concerns are going into the season. You could say pass rush, you could secondary, but to say O-line comes from someone that just doesn’t understand the Patriots roster.

That’s a fair assessment, yet he didn’t perform as sub mind you, he started multiple times and was flat out dominating in some of them. My point being that the original list of AFC East question marks was weak when evaluating what the Patriots concerns are going into the season. You could say pass rush, you could secondary, but to say O-line comes from someone that just doesn’t understand the Patriots roster.

If I were a Pats fan, my biggest concern would be keeping Brady upright, which seems tougher now when you look at the D's in the AFCE. The Pats found a way to get to the SB with the second worst D in terms of yardage. IMO, the concerns on D are secondary to keeping Brady's mascara from running.......

If I were a Pats fan, my biggest concern would be keeping Brady upright, which seems tougher now when you look at the D's in the AFCE. The Pats found a way to get to the SB with the second worst D in terms of yardage. IMO, the concerns on D are secondary to keeping Brady's mascara from running.......

I was actually responding to the intelligent Bills fan, you aren’t him.

I'll just assume you have nothing to add and have been put in your place, since you've resorted to sophomoric drivel. Have fun in HS next year...........

I'll just assume you have nothing to add and have been put in your place, since you've resorted to sophomoric drivel. Have fun in HS next year...........

"IMO, the concerns on D are secondary to keeping Brady's mascara from running......."

Is that not your last quote? And you have the balls to talk about sophomoric drivel when prior to your stupidity, people were discussing real football in a civil way?? Grow up.

I started with this..........

Pretty sad, isn't it?

You responded with this.........
Now you could have worded your disagreement differently than "...you don't really know what you're talking about......" but I let it slide......

I then responded with this.....
I was referring to the injuries you guys had last year on OL. That's why I said OL and​ health.......

Then, you didn't even respond directly to me, but rather to Kinzua, and started firing off more childish banter with "....but to say O-line comes from someone that just doesn't understand the Patriots roster....."
Obviously that was directed at me, and again, offered with snarky arrogance.

And after I made a derogatory comment about Brady, and not you, you again fired off this garbage.....

And now, you have the audacity to try and explain to me what is civil? FYI, these are just opinions, yours, mine, whoever. That's it. NOTHING about the 2012 season is fact in terms of team strengths/weaknesses. They are just opinions. When you feel like having a respectful dialogue where someone can have a differing opinion from yours without you resorting to childish name calling, let me know.

Back
Top Bottom