AFC East Debate: Dolphins RBs or Bills RBs? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East Debate: Dolphins RBs or Bills RBs?

I'm not sure where this notion came from that Barry didn't have an OL. Just b/c he changed direction and didn't always follow his blocks does not mean he didn't have good OLs. he had good OLs for the majority of his career w/ guys like Lomas Brown and Kevin Glover.

I have much family in MI. My brother is a die-hard Lions fan. I watched every game Barry ever played in. So you don't know what you are talking about...What a surprise. His lines were mostly terrible. I mean i know those two HOF's you just mentioned could block the entire defense on their own, but somehow they just never got it done.
Ron Rivers averaged 4.3 YPC in detroit.
Derrick Moore averaged 4 YPC w/ Det

They had good OLs and you are digging yourself deeper and deeper here. My knowledge and your knowledge are showing.
Ha, digging deeper....That is your area of expertise. Clearly you never watched a Lions game while Barry was there, or you wouldn't be making asinine statements like their lines were always good. But please, by all means, continue to show your vast knowledge. Or at least continue to pretend you have some.

Did you see that documentary on Ricky? His own Mother thinks he's a jerk. Pretend he is a Jet, then you could remove your homer glasses and see the guy for what he is.
A Jest? That might just work....maybe I'll pretend he is Cromartie....Nah, I could never disrespect any Dolphin by making him into a puke green assclown.

:lol: I love the editing. If you knew what you were talking about you wouldn't have to edit so much. Look up the info before you click "submit reply":lol:

I edited it for accuracy. Something you may want to think about in the future. Glad you missed the point though. Keep up the good work....LMAO

Just End The Season.....

I have much family in MI. My brother is a die-hard Lions fan. I watched every game Barry ever played in. So you don't know what you are talking about...What a surprise. His lines were mostly terrible. I mean i know those two HOF's you just mentioned could block the entire defense on their own, but somehow they just never got it done.
Ha, digging deeper....That is your area of expertise. Clearly you never watched a Lions game while Barry was there, or you wouldn't be making asinine statements like their lines were always good. But please, by all means, continue to show your vast knowledge. Or at least continue to pretend you have some.

A Jest? That might just work....maybe I'll pretend he is Cromartie....Nah, I could never disrespect any Dolphin by making him into a puke green assclown.

Yep, the OL's were terrible which was why backups would average over 4 YPC. :rolleyes2:

Instead of hurling insults you should pay attention, you might learn something.

Yep, Cromartie is a bad guy but Ricky a great guy:rolleyes2: It amazes me that adults think this way. It is possible for bad guys to play for your favorite team. Cromartie is for us, Ricky is for you.

I edited it for accuracy. Something you may want to think about in the future. Glad you missed the point though. Keep up the good work....LMAO

Just End The Season.....

Maybe get the facts before you click the reply button?

So now that you say 5 kids w/ multiple women is he a bad guy? w/ 2 kids w/ multiple women that he wasn't married to it was ok according to you. What's the cutoff for kids out of wedlock that you run away from?

Yep, the OL's were terrible which was why backups would average over 4 YPC. :rolleyes2:

Instead of hurling insults you should pay attention, you might learn something.

Hey smart guy...Hey....What is the average YPC in the NFL? It's not far from 4.0 is it? I see you don't want to argue about ACTUALLY seeing the games. No you'd rather put your money on the back-up's...genius. Since you like stats so much...why don't you look up where the Lions OL ranked each year and get back to me with "You were right". I won't hold my breathe, you'll probably just make some new argument for you to lose.

Yep, Cromartie is a bad guy but Ricky a great guy:rolleyes2: It amazes me that adults think this way. It is possible for bad guys to play for your favorite team. Cromartie is for us, Ricky is for you.
Merling is an ahole. Porter was an idiot. We have had plenty of bad guys, Ricky isn't one of them. If having children out of wedlock is your barometer for good/evil, I feel sorry for you.

Maybe get the facts before you click the reply button?

So now that you say 5 kids w/ multiple women is he a bad guy? w/ 2 kids w/ multiple women that he wasn't married to it was ok according to you. What's the cutoff for kids out of wedlock that you run away from?

Why? The point doesn't change whether it is 3 or 5. It is a sad reflection upon you that the worst thing you can say is he had some children from different women. Sad sad sad.

The cut-off? I don't know....How many kids does Cromartie have again? A bakers dozen? That may be my limit.

This has been great fun, I actually broke my own rule about feeding the trolls, but you have a nice day.

Same Ole Jests

Hey smart guy...Hey....What is the average YPC in the NFL? It's not far from 4.0 is it? I see you don't want to argue about ACTUALLY seeing the games. No you'd rather put your money on the back-up's...genius. Since you like stats so much...why don't you look up where the Lions OL ranked each year and get back to me with "You were right". I won't hold my breathe, you'll probably just make some new argument for you to lose.

Merling is an ahole. Porter was an idiot. We have had plenty of bad guys, Ricky isn't one of them. If having children out of wedlock is your barometer for good/evil, I feel sorry for you.

Why? The point doesn't change whether it is 3 or 5. It is a sad reflection upon you that the worst thing you can say is he had some children from different women. Sad sad sad.

The cut-off? I don't know....How many kids does Cromartie have again? A bakers dozen? That may be my limit.

This has been great fun, I actually broke my own rule about feeding the trolls, but you have a nice day.

Same Ole Jests

4 YPC is generally regarded as a good YPC, anything undre is not.

Of course Merling is an a-hole, there are rumblings Miami is going to let him go. Porter is one now that he is gone but when he was helping you win a div title he was a great guy.

Did you watch that documentary on Ricky?

yes, having children out of wedlock is not a good thing. People make mistakes and as long as they take care of their kids after they make that mistake and are in their kids lives they can turn a negative into a positive BUT a guy like Ricky who has done it multiple times and abandoned his kids for a while is not one of those.

You are right, 3 or 5 doesn't matter. They are both awful.

It's actually a sad reflection on you that you think it's ok to have multiple kids w/ multiple different women while not married.

Cromartie is a bad person, just like Ricky.

Feeding the trolls? I just helped you make a name for yourself today by going back and forth w/ you. I should have been smart enough not to gte sucked in but you kept digging deeper and deeper and it cracks me up.

I love how a Jets fan defending Bills' rbs is called delusional.

Lynch has had 2 1,000 yard seasons in 3 years. Ronnie Brown has barely had one in 6 seasons. Ricky has performed very well and is probably slighty better than Fred Jackson. But FJax just led the entire NFL in total yards, so he's no slouch. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Jackson_(American_football)

Jackson eclipsed the 1,000-yard rushing mark for the first time in his career with 1062 yards and 2 touchdowns. He also set a new high in catches with 46 for 371 yards and 2 more scores and also completed a 27-yard touchdown pass. Jackson also had 1014 kickoff return yards making him the first player in NFL history to compile 1000 rushing and kickoff return yards.[3] The 2,516 combined yards are the fourth highest total in NFL history.

I have a lot of respect for Ricky but he is entering his twilight. Ronnie Brown is a good back, but health is a part of being a great palyer. Ronnie Brown can't stay healthy and as a #2 overall pick, are Fin fans completely thrilled with his career?

I think Lynch & Jackson vs. Ronnie and Ricky is pretty close but I'd give a slight edge to R & R. however, Spiller puts this over the top for the Bills. Obviously injury can change everything, but this guy is a flat out weapon. He probably won't be the typical grind it out back but he will be used a lot of different ways - rb, slot receiver, kick returner.

So, i'd take our backs and your oline. Our oline has been terrible and makes our backs lot worse. You have a very good oline that probably makes your rbs look a little better. It's similar to the Jets.

I'll take Miami's for 2010 if that is the question. For the long-term, however, I love Spiller and what he can do for Buffalo's offense. This kid has superstar written all over him.

I don't know about "great" (however subjective a term that is) but there's been PLENTY of very, very good-great backs that have played at 185-200 pounds... and "recent" constitutes whatever in the hell you want it to be...

Other than the ones already mentioned...(Tiki Barber, Warrick Dunn, Barry Sanders, Willie Parker, etc., etc.) there was Tony Dorsett, Thurman Thomas, Walter Payton, Curt Warner, Charlie Garner, Napoleon Kaufman, Darren Sproles, etc...

Even Clarence Davis... who Dolphin fans should remember (if you're old enough) for catching Stabler's prayer of a pass against the Dolphins in the playoffs in the infamous "Sea of Hands" playoff game... and 2 years later would set a superbowl rushing record with 137 yards...

But here's the bottom line.. using weight is an EXTREMELY poor way to measure the type of neccessary muscle you're looking for in a running back without a reference to height.....

The best running back evaluators use a BMI (Body Mass Index) formula to calculate what sufficient muscle mass is for a RB dependent on his frame and height.... a 5'9", 215 pound back is more solidly built than a 6'1", 230 pound back from a (BMI) standpoint.... and it's a formula that is proven 99.9% accurate when you look at the NFL's all-time top 30 leading rushers....

And it should be apparent to ANYONE that's actually SEEN any of these 185-200 pound backs mentioned in this thread that ALL of these 5'8"-5'9", 185-200 pound backs were more solidly built than just about any of the 6'0"-6'2", 225-240 pound backs....

A lower center of gravity is harder to get a solid hit on no matter how much it weighs.... and that's without even factoring in speed, talent, and wiggle as variables...

But for the record, Spiller weighed in at 196 pounds at the combine standing in front of dozens and dozens of scouts and team executives in nothing but his underwear.... and will pack on at least 5 pounds of muscle in the NFL just as every player does after a year or so in a NFL weight training program....

All I know is Miami's special teams unit better step off the bus ready in week 1.... because C.J. Spiller is going to try to take the opening kickoff back for 6 points... and he's more than capable of doing it before Parcells even gets a chance to whipe the crums off the corners of his mouth...

If you think Leon Washington was a pain in Miami's *** on kickoff returns.... just wait until you get familiar with this dynamo...

I would take our running backs over theirs any day. Sure one is injury prone and the other one is getting older, but they are better running backs overall. I think Lynch and Jackson are good players, but I like ours better.

Back
Top Bottom