AFC EAST FA grades thus far? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC EAST FA grades thus far?

Smiley will i'm sure. Wilford would have to be because of the lack of the Phins having anyone else who can play at WR.

I'm not so sure I agree about Wilford, I have done some reading about him on the Jags sites and according to Jag fans he's a very dependable sure handed WR. (Big Ernie) as Jag fans call him has enamored himself with Jag fans.

With his big frame and experience, I think he'll be able to contribute easily, especially in the red zone.I really like the addition. Do I think he will be special? Not at all, but I do think he will improve our offense.

Pats= D- ( all they did was re-sign Moss witch is a great pick for them but they lost way to many players in FA to be Higher then a D)

Jets= B- (i think they didnt get all that Great of players and they got a ton of players i just think they really didnt do great if you think about it)

Bills= B (i think they are the winners in the AFC east they are most likly going to get WR Bryant Johnson they got marcus stroud ETC...)

Dolphins= B-( i think we did a Little better then the jets we got alot of players that are young and can be really good but we didnt get the guy by the Name of Calvin Pace if we got him i think we did the best in FA in the AFC east)

I didn't realize signing random backups to fill spots on the team equated to a decent grade. Doesn't free agency usually work with the signing of QUALITY players? Not backups who nobody wanted.

I didnt know that good teams were built through free agency. I guess I will tell that to the Giants and the Colts. Free agency is to get role players not overpay for players other teams do not want. I know you wanted to sign every big name out there, but you dont get the game yet. We did just fine... you and some of these other fans are what I call ANTI-fans, you claim to love the fins, but apparently have a problem with everything they do. By the way Wiford lead the team in receiving and many other analysis have said we did great. I will take their word over yours any day

These were not RANDOM signing, they were picked out because they fit what the group here wants to do and the types of players they need. Sheesssh

I didnt know that good teams were built through free agency. I guess I will tell that to the Giants and the Colts. Free agency is to get role players not overpay for players other teams do not want. I know you wanted to sign every big name out there, but you dont get the game yet. We did just fine... you and some of these other fans are what I call ANTI-fans, you claim to love the fins, but apparently have a problem with everything they do. By the way Wiford lead the team in receiving and many other analysis have said we did great. I will take their word over yours any day

Yeah I like how much younger we've gotten. 6 players from the 04 draft I believe.

I'll play the game...

1. Jets A-...unquestioned Starters at LG, OLB, DT...Woody is the only minus so far. As for cap suicide...I don't think you can committ anymore...heck 2011 might even be uncapped.
2. Bills B ...love the Mitchell signing...the Stroud move is interesting because I think he has tons of potential to star or spend entire seasons on IR
3. Dolphins C...the loss of Pace hurts that much...I think many of their moves were built around the confidence that they could sign this guy...especially on defense...of their signings...all of significant question marks...Smiley has a biceps question (remember Leon Searcy)...Starks (the move I might like the best) had 16 tackles last year...Wilford is interesting but far from a guarantee or upgrade over Booker...McCown is a necessary stop gap...but still a stop gap...Ferguson, I don't really understand after thinking it through...can he still play? Torbor is still young...but a role player for most of last season....could this FA grade turn into an A...possible...but it could also just as easily backfire to an F. I think PACE (one year or not) had turned his career around...not one player we signed can say that yet.
4. Patriots C-...Re-signing Moss was huge or they were looking at an F...the loss of their secondary will hurt. The lb crew hasn't been addressed either...Hard to picture them duplicating their success. (without cheating more at least.)

I'll play the game...

1. Jets A-...unquestioned Starters at LG, OLB, DT...Woody is the only minus so far. As for cap suicide...I don't think you can committ anymore...heck 2011 might even be uncapped.
2. Bills B ...love the Mitchell signing...the Stroud move is interesting because I think he has tons of potential to star or spend entire seasons on IR
3. Dolphins C...the loss of Pace hurts that much...I think many of their moves were built around the confidence that they could sign this guy...especially on defense...of their signings...all of significant question marks...Smiley has a biceps question (remember Leon Searcy)...Starks (the move I might like the best) had 16 tackles last year...Wilford is interesting but far from a guarantee or upgrade over Booker...McCown is a necessary stop gap...but still a stop gap...Ferguson, I don't really understand after thinking it through...can he still play? Torbor is still young...but a role player for most of last season....could this FA grade turn into an A...possible...but it could also just as easily backfire to an F. I think PACE (one year or not) had turned his career around...not one player we signed can say that yet.
4. Patriots C-...Re-signing Moss was huge or they were looking at an F...the loss of their secondary will hurt. The lb crew hasn't been addressed either...Hard to picture them duplicating their success. (without cheating more at least.)

Torbor started the whole year while Mitchell only started 9 games. I think we did just as well with Torbor.

Buffalo gives Kawika Mithcell 5 years $17mil with 5 mil signing bonus. Anyone know what we paid Torbor?

Bills - B+, A- if they get Johnson. Their Starting OLB was moved to backup OLB when we signed Mitchel. Our starting NT was moved to backup NT when we sign Stroud. Tripplett was a terible player in our rotation, instead we bring in Spencer Johnson who was one of the top 3rd down DT's in the NFL last year.

Jets - B- . Why a B-? Because you lost a good player in Vilma. I dont want to hear he didnt fit the 3-4 because we dont know how anyone fits right now. He is a good player. Faneca and Jenkins are studs. Woody is overweight. Maybe he can be your overweight reclamation project like we did with Walker last year, but he has to stya on the field for that to happen. Pace is an up and coming player, just doesnt strike fear into me.

Miami - C+. Losing Zach Thomas means something. Gaining Ferguson and Smiley were the best moves. Rebuilding the roster. Nothing really is an impact move, just nice additions.

NE - D. They Kept Moss, but lost Samuel, Gay, and Wilson.

Losing good players counts against your grade.

Torbor started the whole year while Mitchell only started 9 games. I think we did just as well with Torbor.

Buffalo gives Kawika Mithcell 5 years $17mil with 5 mil signing bonus. Anyone know what we paid Torbor?

Its a simple search, Torbor started 5 games, Mitchell has started all 16 games the last 3 years.

Bills - B+, A- if they get Johnson. Their Starting OLB was moved to backup OLB when we signed Mitchel. Our starting NT was moved to backup NT when we sign Stroud. Tripplett was a terible player in our rotation, instead we bring in Spencer Johnson who was one of the top 3rd down DT's in the NFL last year.

Jets - B- . Why a B-? Because you lost a good player in Vilma. I dont want to here he didnt fit because we dont know how anyone fits right now. He is a good player. Faneca and Jenkins are studs. Woody is overweight. Maybe he can be your overweight reclamation project like we did with Walker last year, but he has to stya on the field for that to happen. Pace is an up and coming player, just doesnt strike fear into me.

Miami - C+. Losing Zach Thomas means something. Gaining Ferguson and Smiley were the best moves. Rebuilding the roster. Nothing really is an impact move, just nice additions.

Wow that's way too high a grade for the Bills. Seriously who'd they sign? A DT that was one of many on a deep defense, with bad ankles and steroid issues? Or a LB that only played in 9 games in 07? Bill fans do this every single year, they sign two players everyone else signs 10 and the Bills two are always 10 times better then everyone else's many.

Last year the Bills sign two O-linemen to huge undeserving contracts and Bill fans claim those two signings will put them on par with the Pats.

The Bills then go out and have a statistically worse season on offense the the 1-15 Dolphins. Enough already.

Its a simple search, Torbor started 5 games, Mitchell has started all 16 games the last 3 years.

Yeah I made a mistake with games played, but his numbers aren't that different then Torbors, so why is he a huge pickup for Bill fans and Torbor is avg for Miami? I think because the Bills signed Mitchell and the Fins signed Torbor.

Jets - B- . Why a B-? Because you lost a good player in Vilma. I dont want to hear he didnt fit the 3-4 because we dont know how anyone fits right now. He is a good player. Faneca and Jenkins are studs. Woody is overweight. Maybe he can be your overweight reclamation project like we did with Walker last year, but he has to stya on the field for that to happen. Pace is an up and coming player, just doesnt strike fear into me.

What was so special about Randall Gay and what has Eugene Wilson done since 2004?

Back
Top Bottom