AFC East Getting Raided: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East Getting Raided:

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Comparatively speaking, we've done alright so far in FA. We only lost Morlon Greenwood and will probably lose Sammy Knight.

The Bills got scorched today losing a starting LT and a starting DT.

Buffalo - LT Jonas Jennings (Ouch!)
- DT Pat Williams (Ouch!)

NY Jets - Lamont Jordan (Ouch)
- Jason Ferguson (Ouch)

New England - Ty Law
- Troy Brown
- Roman Phifer

miamirw said:
Comparatively speaking, we've done alright so far in FA. We only lost Morlon Greenwood and will probably lose Sammy Knight.

The Bills got scorched today losing a starting LT and a starting DT.

Buffalo - LT Jonas Jennings (Ouch!)
- DT Pat Williams (Ouch!)

- Jason Ferguson (Ouch)

New England - Ty Law
- Troy Brown
- Roman Phifer

You know who else was a pretty good player that the Pats lost...the RG and can play LG Joe Andruzzi.

When I saw that the Browns picked him up I was shocked...#1 because I did not know that he was an unrestricted free agent...#2 because from the sounds of it...it didn't look like the Pats tried to resign him...and #3 because i felt that he would be a huge upgrade to our RG spot...if we could have signed him...oh well.

It looks like the pats are getting weaker and weaker :evil:

Sal Lisitano said:
...it didn't look like the Pats tried to resign him...

They made a half-hearted offer -- less than he made last year, maybe slightly above vet minimum.

Meanwhile, they have recently resigned or made $1.4 million restricted free agent tenders to every other O-lineman who has played in a game for them: Light, Gorin, Hochstein, Ashworth, and Neal.

Not to knock Andruzzi because he's a gutsy player who gives you 16 games a year without any knees, but I'm pretty sure he graded out as having the least "upside" of any o-lineman on the Pats roster this year. The Pats graduate youngsters from their O-line academy every year and I guess they figured it was time to replace their weakest link with another youngster.

- Jason Ferguson (Ouch)

I wouldn't say ouch, we have already replaced Jordan w/ Blaylock and losing Ferguson is not a big deal. he's playing alongside 3 Pro Bowl caliber DL which made Ferg look better and will make whoever we put in his place look good.

McKenzie was the biggest loss for the Jets.

Jaj said:
McKenzie was the biggest loss for the Jets.

He might have been but I don't think it's a big deal. We have 2 young tackles we are grooming and if one is ready this year I'll have confidence he can get the job done b/c we have done an excellent job of developing OL inlcuding mcKenzie. If you recall we gave away a good Tackle in Ryan Young in the expansion draft prior to the '02 season and everyone was up in arms but we had groomed kareem the year before and it was a smooth transition. If Adrian Jones or Marko Cavka are not ready they will sing a cap casualty later in the year or drat another more ready OT.

I wonder if Pats fans are upset about losing Troy Brown and Ty Law...at least we'll get something of value for not having Surtain anymore.

kingnate85 said:
I wonder if Pats fans are upset about losing Troy Brown and Ty Law...at least we'll get something of value for not having Surtain anymore.

Yes and no. Upset about Troy Brown, but if he is indeed gone then so be it. Always will like the guy. He played great for us. But, in today's salary cap NFL, such is a way of life.

ty Law, well that's different. We played all year without him. Starks is coming in combined with the return of Ty Poole, so not that upset.

As for your value, yes, you should get some value for Surtain, but we'll see if that pick has actual value to Surtain. Remember, he won't be playing for you and a draft pick is only potential. A lot of picks don't make the team so that is a wait ands see situation.

It is hard to be upset in Pats land lately. :D Even if we don't win again with this team, it was onr hell of a ride that I got to enjoy with famaly and friends.

damn right and dirty make sure you add the sb 39 to your profile there.....

kingnate85 said:
Troy Brow isn't gone. All that happened was the Pats chose not to have him cost 5 mil against the cap this season. He will be resigned before the season starts. Ty Law, not many are sorry to see him gone many wished him gone last season.

Back
Top Bottom