AFC EAST is looking good for us | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC EAST is looking good for us

djfresh47 said:
I think Pittsburgh is the third best team in the AFC North, and they went 15-1 last year. Cleveland is bad, but Baltimore has had the best offseason IMO, and I think Cincy is a playoff team this year. So a 15-1 team from last year I see not making the playoffs but still finishing around 9-7. Cleveland is going to be bad, but I think Romeo Crennel was a good hire and he'll get them to overachieve. The Afc East is not the best division because although you can't bet against the Pats till someone beats them, they've lost Crennel and Weis which has to hurt them right? Buffalo will be better with Losman but he's going to have bad games, the Jets season depends on Pennington's health, and a hurt shoulder probably is not the greatest thing you would want your young star QB to have. I'm not gonna critique the Phins because alot of people have stated unrealistic expectations for Saban, but I think he's gonna have an adjustment period much like Mularkey had last season where he struggles and the team struggles. If Feeley becomes a decent Qb which he's not, then the Phins should be a much better team in '06 and I expect the "changing of the guard" in the Afc East in '06 from NYJ and New England back to Buffalo and Miami being the elite teams.

uh no. pittsburgh is more like the third best team in the afc, not in their division. they got a good running back combo, an experienced big ben, and a killer d (even though they lost some people).

FinFanUFGrad said:
Seriously guys (and gals)...I've been a fan of the site for over a year and I've seen the posters go nuts from time to time, but listen to this and listen good...

We will be better than most give us credit for. We will slip under the radar and take some wins that the 'Experts' will not give us. We will slap a couple in the face that already have us down for losses. If I were you I'd go to a betting site and put us down for for the Over, because we will win 6+ games without a doubt and the AFC EAST is actually looking good as well. Look at it this way...

The Jills are handing the reigns to a guy that has more NFL experience playing MADDEN football than he does in reality...it'll be like watching Seinfeld, but with more laughs...they keep saying "he's gonna be like ole' Ben in Pittsburg"...that's the funniest thing I've heard yet... :roflmao:

The Jets, like every year, will start off strong, then won't suck enough. Their running back is about as old as they come and thier recievers are just pretty weak. Every game is under 20 points so it won't take much to steal a couple.

The Pats, although they are always amazing (and yes I hate to say it), but they've lost a ton of talent this year. And I mean a ton. We already know they can be beat, thanks to us, but now they lost their two main men(Crommel and Weiss), plus a few leaders such as Law and Bruski...they will be more vulnerable than most years...that doesn't mean they will easy, rather, they will be much less intimidating without that kind of firepower...

This post is already too long...so I won't even get into all the weapons we have at our disposal...but I will mention them... :evil:

1) Houck will produce a different line than we are used to...one that does not give up...one that is proud to protect...one that pancakes the opposition...

2) Our WR core will finally have the chance to step up with a strong OL and a good DUEL running attack that will beat the snot out of opposing defenses...can you just imagine the matchups that will occur from the tremendous running attack of Brown and Williams?!?! :cooldude: Even if I don't like the idea of Williams, it will do a lot for McMichael, Chambers, Thompson, and Boston...

3) Lastly, just remember what Feeley is capable of as he helped to beat the Pats last year...now picture him with more time and more confidence...we will be better...we will shock some people...count on it.

Thanks for listening folks...just a rant of a longtime fan...First time poster...GO PHINS!!! :yell:

lets not get ahead of ourselves here. were only in the beginning of saban era. dont count on boston for much at all. didnt that OLD jets running back scorch us last year? didnt he get like 1700 yards? i know we'll be better than last year but buffalo is lookin pretty good with willis mac healthy and lee evans going deep. dont knock the champs either. they might have lost law and bruschi but they still have an amazing core of players. we'll be good and all that but dont get ahead too much.

djfresh47 said:
I think Pittsburgh is the third best team in the AFC North, and they went 15-1 last year. Cleveland is bad, but Baltimore has had the best offseason IMO, and I think Cincy is a playoff team this year. So a 15-1 team from last year I see not making the playoffs but still finishing around 9-7. Cleveland is going to be bad, but I think Romeo Crennel was a good hire and he'll get them to overachieve. The Afc East is not the best division because although you can't bet against the Pats till someone beats them, they've lost Crennel and Weis which has to hurt them right? Buffalo will be better with Losman but he's going to have bad games, the Jets season depends on Pennington's health, and a hurt shoulder probably is not the greatest thing you would want your young star QB to have. I'm not gonna critique the Phins because alot of people have stated unrealistic expectations for Saban, but I think he's gonna have an adjustment period much like Mularkey had last season where he struggles and the team struggles. If Feeley becomes a decent Qb which he's not, then the Phins should be a much better team in '06 and I expect the "changing of the guard" in the Afc East in '06 from NYJ and New England back to Buffalo and Miami being the elite teams.

thanks, you make a persuavsive argument. I would like to argue but really, only one team in our division is ready to field a team without important personnell questions. I think by midseason the question will likely be decided. I also think that all four teams within our division will be improved and if the Dolphins can split with them we need not fear any other teams. Go Fins ! :cooldude:

dwadeattack said:
uh no. pittsburgh is more like the third best team in the afc, not in their division. they got a good running back combo, an experienced big ben, and a killer d (even though they lost some people).

Big Ben is without Plaxico Burress, they've added Heath Miller, but I think they're gonna struggle. Duce Staley and Bettis is a good combo, I won't argue that. With getting a legitimate number 1 WR in Desmond Mason and signing Samari Rolle, Baltimore is a better team than Pittsburgh to me. Cincinatti I think will be a better team also because of Carson Palmer, who I think is going to have a great year. I think it was Dr. Z in an SI last year who wrote "Carson Palmer has a bigger upside than any other young Qb in the NFL."

SQuinn17 said:
lets not get ahead of ourselves here. were only in the beginning of saban era. dont count on boston for much at all. didnt that OLD jets running back scorch us last year? didnt he get like 1700 yards? i know we'll be better than last year but buffalo is lookin pretty good with willis mac healthy and lee evans going deep. dont knock the champs either. they might have lost law and bruschi but they still have an amazing core of players. we'll be good and all that but dont get ahead too much.

I agree wit u completely except the jets will not be good enouph to compete with us they downgraded enormously, if ty law dont sign with them and donnie retires i can guaratee u those chumps wont even be able to spell miami or any other team in our division, with pennigton and coles both injury prone and martin getting old i see like 6-10 7-9 season 4 them

FinFanUFGrad said:
Seriously guys (and gals)...I've been a fan of the site for over a year and I've seen the posters go nuts from time to time, but listen to this and listen good...

We will be better than most give us credit for. We will slip under the radar and take some wins that the 'Experts' will not give us. We will slap a couple in the face that already have us down for losses. If I were you I'd go to a betting site and put us down for for the Over, because we will win 6+ games without a doubt and the AFC EAST is actually looking good as well. Look at it this way...

The Jills are handing the reigns to a guy that has more NFL experience playing MADDEN football than he does in reality...it'll be like watching Seinfeld, but with more laughs...they keep saying "he's gonna be like ole' Ben in Pittsburg"...that's the funniest thing I've heard yet... :roflmao:

The Jets, like every year, will start off strong, then won't suck enough. Their running back is about as old as they come and thier recievers are just pretty weak. Every game is under 20 points so it won't take much to steal a couple.

The Pats, although they are always amazing (and yes I hate to say it), but they've lost a ton of talent this year. And I mean a ton. We already know they can be beat, thanks to us, but now they lost their two main men(Crommel and Weiss), plus a few leaders such as Law and Bruski...they will be more vulnerable than most years...that doesn't mean they will easy, rather, they will be much less intimidating without that kind of firepower...

This post is already too long...so I won't even get into all the weapons we have at our disposal...but I will mention them... :evil:

1) Houck will produce a different line than we are used to...one that does not give up...one that is proud to protect...one that pancakes the opposition...

2) Our WR core will finally have the chance to step up with a strong OL and a good DUEL running attack that will beat the snot out of opposing defenses...can you just imagine the matchups that will occur from the tremendous running attack of Brown and Williams?!?! :cooldude: Even if I don't like the idea of Williams, it will do a lot for McMichael, Chambers, Thompson, and Boston...

3) Lastly, just remember what Feeley is capable of as he helped to beat the Pats last year...now picture him with more time and more confidence...we will be better...we will shock some people...count on it.

Thanks for listening folks...just a rant of a longtime fan...First time poster...GO PHINS!!! :yell:

First of all welcome since you are new here, second of all Your post is just a little biased, The Jets WR corps isn't as bad as you say it is, so we need to watch out for that, and Curt is still very good. I agree w/ what you said about the Bills(they are a work in progress indeed)and the Pats. Good post bro.

FinFanUFGrad said:

I dont think any bills fans are expecting the exact same play from JPL...Losman has talent but will struggle at first to read defenses...BUT...he has the 3rd ranked overall defense backing him up, Willis Magehee totin the rock, and playmakers at the Wideout spots......

Dont be so quick to dismiss Buffalo

Seriously guys, this team is going to be pretty bad. They have little depth in a lot of places with actual solid NFL players.

I'm thinking 5-7 wins and perhaps a surprise 8th if we're lucky.

Brutal schedule + fading talent = Rebuilding another year.

The East is attainable, I hope Miami is still angry about last season, that could be the motivation they need to put it all together.

Back
Top Bottom