AFC East mojo going into 05 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East mojo going into 05

Steve S

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Bills- Lost Bledsoe and Pat Williams, starting a 2nd year QB who wasn't that good in college, O-line still shaky and draft was not all that productive

Rating -2

Jets- Lost Ferguson, McKenzie and Jordan, got back a scatback runner who isn't as good, will have problems on O-line due to loss of McKenzie and age on the rest of line. Pennington's health is a major concern. Addressed needs in draft but didn't get a whole lot of impact outside of kicker.

Rating -1

Pats- Still obviously class of division but suffered major losses with coordinators. Belichick's decision not to hire OC could be huge problem. Draft and offseason not as solid a job as they normally do, Ellis Hobbs and Logan Mankins were big reaches, Pats could have afforded to trade up for better corner

Rating -3

Fins- New coach and attidude replace the dead wood. Draft was solid, offseason OK, safeties, OL and QB's in question, coaching staff looks to be best its been in years.

Rating +2

jets should get a negative 2 because they are sticking w/ herm edwards. everytime i have watched the jets, i don't like edwards sideline demeaner and some of the blame that he has put on his players. but i havn't seen that much of him so.....

Steve S said:
Bills- Lost Bledsoe and Pat Williams, starting a 2nd year QB who wasn't that good in college, O-line still shaky and draft was not all that productive

Rating -2

Jets- Lost Ferguson, McKenzie and Jordan, got back a scatback runner who isn't as good, will have problems on O-line due to loss of McKenzie and age on the rest of line. Pennington's health is a major concern. Addressed needs in draft but didn't get a whole lot of impact outside of kicker.

Rating -1

Pats- Still obviously class of division but suffered major losses with coordinators. Belichick's decision not to hire OC could be huge problem. Draft and offseason not as solid a job as they normally do, Ellis Hobbs and Logan Mankins were big reaches, Pats could have afforded to trade up for better corner

Rating -3

Fins- New coach and attidude replace the dead wood. Draft was solid, offseason OK, safeties, OL and QB's in question, coaching staff looks to be best its been in years.

Rating +2

this offseason they didnt sign a corey dillon like last year, but they did just sign chad brown, they got chad scott, duane starks, tim dwight, beisel from the chiefs, david terrell.... plus the pats had key players who were out all last year coming back in 05

ben watson, rodney bailey, marquise hill, cobbs, guss scott, klecko....

plus colvin is going to bust out now thats hes 100% and recovered from his hip surgery in 03

patsdynasty said:
this offseason they didnt sign a corey dillon like last year, but they did just sign chad brown, they got chad scott, duane starks, tim dwight, beisel from the chiefs, david terrell.... plus the pats had key players who were out all last year coming back in 05

plus colvin is going to bust out now thats hes 100% and recovered from his hip surgery in 03

What is the deal with Teddy Bruschi? I wish the guy the best, but after a stroke, man that's gonna be tough to play again.

And who's going to replace Andruzzi? Will Mankins start right away?

Steve S said:

Rating -3

Classic. Nothing like a poster with his set-in-stone spot on anaylsis of the draft. PUH-LEASE! You can't jusge a draft until 2 to 3 years later. Deion Branch looked like a big reach in round 2 a couple years back. Funny how that doesn't look so bad now. It is almost irresponsible to judge a draft before a snap is played in the season!

But alas, SteveS knows better than Piloi and Belichick, who have won executives of the year. Look at our picks over the last 5 years. Not everyone has panned out, but we got a bunch of players who have contributed to our Super Bowls.

:shakeno:

DolphinDevil28 said:
What is the deal with Teddy Bruschi? I wish the guy the best, but after a stroke, man that's gonna be tough to play again.

And who's going to replace Andruzzi? Will Mankins start right away?

He ain't saying yet. My guess? He takes this season off and attempts a comeback next season. My wish? He retires. I hope he doesn't risk his health as he has a wife and 2 young kids.

Mankins is a starter now. I love his nastiness. Almost Mawae-like (though that is just a prelim take on him. Mawae is awesome.)

patsdynasty said:

PD, you're not seeing things right. Only someone who did their homework would realize that. Here, try these Dolphin glasses on, everything will make more sense when reading his post.

Steve S said:

Rating -2

Losman played very well in college with a junk team. Drew Bledsoe is a has been and Williams can be replaced. I wouldn't bet on -2 pal.

Wagon Circler said:
and Williams can be replaced.

You keep saying that, but who will it be?

You can't just say "he'll be replaced" and expect someone to come in and play at the same level.

Back
Top Bottom