AFC East Predictions

OneBillsDrive said:
OK here is how it goes down

1. Buffalo Bills- 13-3
2.New York Jets- 9-7
3. New England Patriots- 8-8
4. MiamiDolphins- 5-11

You know its going to be true

As a Dolphin fan this may seem a little unrealistic. On the flipside some of us here have made some outlandish predictions too. I bet you guys think this guy is crazy. The truth is most of you are crazy. I love my dolphins. In my coming back down to reality predictions.

Pats 11-5
Jets 9-7
Bills 7-9
Fins 7-9

SpurzN703 said:
New England Patriots 12-4
New York Jets 10-6
Miami Dolphins 9-7
Buffalo Bills 9-7

As long as Indy has Peyton Manning, most will pick Indy to be in the AFC Champ. If they can get home-field advantage, Indy gets to the Super Bowl.

Very Early Predictions

NFC Playoffs (Seeds not in any particular order)
1. Philadelphia 12-4
2. Green Bay 10-6
3. Atlanta 11-5
4. St. Louis 9-7
Wild Cards - Minnesota 9-7 and Carolina 10-6

AFC Playoffs
1. New England 12-4
2. Baltimore 11-5
3. San Diego 11-5
4. Indianapolis 12-4
Wild Cards - New York Jets 10-6 and Pittsburgh 10-6

Super Bowl Philadelphia and Indianapolis(if home-field advantage)
(If no homefield for Indy, Philadelphia and New England again)
Super Bowl winner-New England or Indianapolis

I think G.B would be wild card and the Vikings and Panthers would be challenging Philly, along with Atlanta for the NFC.

OneBillsDrive said:
OK here is how it goes down

1. Buffalo Bills- 13-3
2.New York Jets- 9-7
3. New England Patriots- 8-8
4. MiamiDolphins- 5-11

You know its going to be true

:lol: thanks for the laugh

OK now lets get serious
Originally Posted by Pocoloco
I still believe the East is the hardest division in the AFC, although you could make a convincing argument that the West is. But none of the teams will be blowing anyone out like Indianapolis, Pittsburgh or Kansas City this year. Here's how I see it

1) New York Jets- Although Herm Edwards couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag, the Jets take the division in a tiebreaker with the Patriots. Only a field goal away from the AFC Championship game, the Jets upgraded their kicker. The addition of Ty Law (I see this happening) upgrades their rapidly retiring secondary. The loss of Lamont Jordon will hurt them, but if Pennington stays healthy I think the Jets can go on a winning streak. Record: 10-6
2) New England Patriots- Bellichek has his hands full this year, calling both the offensive and defensive plays. Coupled with the fact that the Patriots linebacking core has taken a major hit, the Patriots stand to slip a little but still make the playoffs. Record: 10-6 (Wild Card)
3) Buffalo Bills- Expect the Bills to have a pretty solid defense once again, so they can remain in games even if Losman struggles early in the season. By the end of the year I think Losman and McGahee will be something special, and Buffalo will spoil the playoff hopes for alot of teams (i.e. Denver, Cinncinnati, San Diego). Nevertheless, I think Buffalo loses too many close games in the fourth quarter and just misses out on a playoff berth. Next year they will be the team to beat in the division. Record: 9-7
4) Miami Dolphins- The Dolphins should surprise everyone this year as they were nowhere as bad as their 4-12 record indicates. There is a strong possibility that the Fins lose their first four games (Denver, Jets, Carolina, Buffalo) as players adjust to a new offensive philosophy and a complicated defensive scheme. The evolution of Ronnie Brown and the return of Ricky Williams should spark the team. The defense should get more and more dangerous as the season goes on. But inconsistent quarterback play, lack of depth on the OL and a difficult schedule should keep the Dolphins at bay this year. Look for them to be a serious threat in the playoffs in another two years. Record: 7-9

These are the best predictions I've seen on this thread, but I'll try to top them

1) New England - Im putting them at No.1 Because they are the Champs, until someone knocks them off. Ok They have made some good pickups in FA and the Draft which is what they do well. They also have alot of young guys which may help or hurt them as well. The have alot of depth on many position on this team. Well I summed up the good news now for the bad, they have lost many players and more importantly they lost 2 great coaches. It should be intresting how Bilicheck handles his team this season. Record 12-4

2) NY Jets- They had a good draft and they addresed needs like a pass catching TE, but they lost a good Blocking TE in Becht and they swaped Wide Outs with Washington which was a good move for both teams(although I wouldnt have traded Moss) they lost players and gained players they should have a good year. Assuming Chad remains healthy they should do fine after all they have good weapons. Record 11-5

3) Buffalo Ji....Bills - They have had a decent offseason they had a a decent draft but they lost Jennings and Williams, but they havent added any playmakers. they have good weapons on the Offense and they have a solid D. They will be this years Cinnanti Bengals, because they remind me of them in the last 2 years. Losman = Palmer, he does not = Big Ben wake up Buffalo!
The Steelers are a much more balanced team that the Bills. Losman will struggle throughout the season but he should play well, They are really screwed, if Willis gets hurt or somehow underperforms. Record 9-7.

4) Miami Dolphins - Last but not least its us. Keep in mind we are rebuilding and QB regardless of who starts is still an issue. We have added weapons those offseason and we had a great draft. The O line is improving, but we may stil lsee problems there 2, we lost 1/2 our starting secondary but we added depth at Saftey and Daniels is doing well. We all know we have good RB's so thats not a concern. We have a kick *** coaching staff, which will help us big time, but the players have to adjust to the new systems.
Record 8-8 or 9-7.

PatsSuck456 said:
:lol: thanks for the laugh

OK now lets get serious

These are the best predictions I've seen on this thread, but I'll try to top them

1) New England - Im putting them at No.1 Because they are the Champs, until someone knocks them off. Ok They have made some good pickups in FA and the Draft which is what they do well. They also have alot of young guys which may help or hurt them as well. The have alot of depth on many position on this team. Well I summed up the good news now for the bad, they have lost many players and more importantly they lost 2 great coaches. It should be intresting how Bilicheck handles his team this season. Record 12-4

2) NY Jets- They had a good draft and they addresed needs like a pass catching TE, but they lost a good Blocking TE in Becht and they swaped Wide Outs with Washington which was a good move for both teams(although I wouldnt have traded Moss) they lost players and gained players they should have a good year. Assuming Chad remains healthy they should do fine after all they have good weapons. Record 11-5

3) Buffalo Ji....Bills - They have had a decent offseason they had a a decent draft but they lost Jennings and Williams, but they havent added any playmakers. they have good weapons on the Offense and they have a solid D. They will be this years Cinnanti Bengals, because they remind me of them in the last 2 years. Losman = Palmer, he does not = Big Ben wake up Buffalo!
The Steelers are a much more balanced team that the Bills. Losman will struggle throughout the season but he should play well, They are really screwed, if Willis gets hurt or somehow underperforms. Record 9-7.

4) Miami Dolphins - Last but not least its us. Keep in mind we are rebuilding and QB regardless of who starts is still an issue. We have added weapons those offseason and we had a great draft. The O line is improving, but we may stil lsee problems there 2, we lost 1/2 our starting secondary but we added depth at Saftey and Daniels is doing well. We all know we have good RB's so thats not a concern. We have a kick *** coaching staff, which will help us big time, but the players have to adjust to the new systems.
Record 8-8 or 9-7.

niceley done but i dont see everyone going above .500 and i just dont see two teams getting above 10 wins in this tight division but overall another nice prection

miabrown23 said:
the jets would have lossed to the chargers if wernt for a miss kick the jets are going to be garbage this year
It wouldnt have even went into OT if the Jets didnt get a penalty on SD's last chance to score....

And if Brien didnt miss 2 FGs in the last 2 minutes they would have beat the Steelers....

So, actually, they should have been in the AFC championship game

DolphinDevil28 said:
:roflmao:

i cant belive you guys honestley think you will be better than last in the division. You guys have 3rd stringers fighiting for the starting QB position. You have one guy who can catch (randy) and your defense is a bunch od ols has beens...

The Super Bowl Champions 14-2
Fins 10-6*
Jets 9-7
bills 7-9

* Fins lose to Denver in the tie braker with a head to head loss

AFC playoff teams

The Super Bowl Champions 1
Balt. 2
Indy 3
S.D. 4
Steelers 5
Denver 6

Wild card round

Indy 55 Denver 12
Steelers 35 SD 24

C.R.

The Super Bowl Champions 24 Steelers 10
Indy 41 Ravens 9

AFCC Game... game time temp -4 ,light snow

The Super Bowl Champions 34 Indy* 6

* Manning passes out on the field after his 5 INT in the 3d Q, he's out for
the rest of the game.The Colts rally for two FGs in the 4th Q

Super Bowl

New Englang wins vs what ever team that comes out of the NFC.

Three in a row..Brady wins his 3d Super Bowl MVP in 5 years.

The NFL changes the name of the SB Trophy to the Belichick Trophy.

:rofl3:

bills12-4 said:
i cant belive you guys honestley think you will be better than last in the division. You guys have 3rd stringers fighiting for the starting QB position. You have one guy who can catch (randy) and your defense is a bunch od ols has beens...

:grouplaug<--------JP who?????

Ricky Brown said:
:grouplaug<--------JP who?????
I know we've already had this thread before but honestly. Who wouldn't pick a rookie with upside over Feeley or Ferotte. Your QB of the future is not currently on your roster. It seems like many Phin fans don't realize that their QB situation is a problem. I'm not saying JP will be amazing, but I'm more excited about what he is capable of than I would about Feeley/Ferotte. Or Kelly Holcomb for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom