AFC East: Prepare for club sandwiches/ Tim Bo did not tear ligaments | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East: Prepare for club sandwiches/ Tim Bo did not tear ligaments

Good thing the Dolphins signed DT Jeff Zgonina because starter Tim Bowens tore a knee ligament in a freak accident and could miss most of the season.
They further exacerbated their F-up by naming Zgonina as a projected starter.
Doesn't exactly instill alot of confindence in NFL.com's journalistic abilities now does it?

9-7 wont win the division this year, that may be the worst record in the division.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
9-7 wont win the division this year, that may be the worst record in the division.

Don't be so sure.....it's actually highly likely that all 4 teams could end up with a 3-3 divisional record...each divisional game will be like it's own playoff game

Originally posted by Maggot Brain

They further exacerbated their F-up by naming Zgonina as a projected starter.
Doesn't exactly instill alot of confindence in NFL.com's journalistic abilities now does it?

:lol:.....when did TimBo fall off a ladder? I must have missed that one....good catch MB....

9-7 season wouldn't be bad for the afc east, 4 great competitive teams on the run. Its up to miami to dominate through the season to prevent a 4 way tie.

That was a good article. But, if we finish 9-7 and even win the AFC East, it will likely be lights out for the 'Fins come playoff time. The team almost has to get a bye in the 1st round.

But, if significant injuries hit one or more of the teams, things could change in a hurry. It will certainly be competitive and we are definitely in the toughest division in football, top to bottom. I'd gladly trade with any of the other top teams in the AFC. I'd gladly trade places with Tennessee or Pittsburgh.

We will have the same problem than last year. We had a 3-way tie at the top and only one made the playoff even tough anyone of those teams were better than the Browns. Even the Colts had an 11-5 season, but were they better than us because they won 2 more games ?

I remember beating them last year...

That's a case of how facing lesser opponents gets you in the playoff.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
9-7 season wouldn't be bad for the afc east, 4 great competitive teams on the run. Its up to miami to dominate through the season to prevent a 4 way tie.

exactly, we must have at worst a 10-6 record and AFC East crown(as it looked like we would untl around 5 mins left of 2002 :( ) this year to consider this season successful

It's going to be another 17-week struggle in the AFC East, so don't be surprised if a 9-7 record is good enough to take the crown. Again.

Tim Bowens tear ligament?

I just read on NFL.com AFC east news that said "it was a good thing we signed zgonina cus Tim Bowens may miss the rest of the season with a knee tear from a freak accident". sorry dont know how to put up links but what the hell? this has to be wrong cus i have read noting of the sort from team news or anything.:mad:

Im sorry, we will go 11-5. forget 9-7. the reason we went 9-7 is obvious. ray lucas along with a serious concussion to chambers and orande gone was our downfall. As long as we can stay healthy with our starters, we will be OK, but even then, we have depth at WR, FB, OL,(other than LT maybe), and RB. TE is also good depth as long as battaglia doesnt fold. I just dont see us having the same problems as last year other than possible injuries to key people. Of course LT is the bigest concern. But not having good depth at WR killed us just as much as anything. Now we have depth.

You guys suck, you scared the crap out of me. I saw the title and was like Oh No!

Back
Top Bottom