AFC East Rankings (OFFENSE) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East Rankings (OFFENSE)

J-E-T-S

Down with the Fins
Reaction score
Alright guys, I don't know if you guys have ever done this, but I think it will be interesting.

QB:
1. Bills (Bledsoe)- I know the Pats took Brady, but I think he will have a solid year.
2. Pats (Brady)- I have no respect for him, but he did win last year.
3. Fins (Fiedler)- Not bad.
4. Jets(Vinny)- Sickened me last year.

RB:
1. Jets (Martin, Jordan, Anderson, Morton)- All dangerous, plus best RB in division.
2. Dolphins (Williams, Minor, Konrad, Obafemi)- Improved.
3. Patriots(Smith, Redmond, Faulk, Edwards)- Average
4. Bills (Henry, Bryson, Morris)- Could be 3.

WR:
1. Bills (Moulds, Price, Reed)- Moulds cou;d be great with QB, Price also good, Reed set NCAA record for yards last year, should flourish as 3.
2. Fins (Chambers, Gadsden, Ward, Mcknight)- Chambers star in the making.
3. Jets (Coles, Chrebet, Moss)- Coles appears ready for big year.
4. Pats (Brown, Patten, Hayes)- Average, bad after Brown.

TE:
1. Jets (Becht, Baker)- Not great, but best in division.
2. Bills (Riemersma)- Oft-injured
3. Pats(Fauria, Cleeland, Graham)- Too bad all 3 not 1 guy.
4. Dolphins (Weaver, McMichael)- Unproven

OL:
1. Jets- Everyone healthy by season.(except Szott)
2.Pats- Solid last year, and should be consistent.
3. Fins- Should be better.
4. Bills- Better, with Mike Williams

K:
1. Pats-Vinatieri- Impressed me in playoffs
2. Fins( Mare)- Very Good , Close second
3. Jets (Hall)- Good, clutch last year.
4. Bills- Awful last year. Who did they sign?

This is a fair, unbiased look. What do you guys think?

Pretty good....

I can live with those rankings.
I'd put Miami's OL last behind the Bills, though, based on potential. Also, Mare is the best all-around kicker in the game, bar-none.

Nice, I had em all nailed at the same spots except I think the Pats o-line will be better than the Jets.

Also at kicker, I agree with NYFCat, Mare is great, Vinatieri just had a few clutch kicks in the playoffs last year. No one ever thought he was any good before that season. Also, the Bills did sign Hollis, the guy from Jax. So I think he qualifies for being higher up on the list than Hall. I think Hall is one of the worse 5 kickers in the league right now.

I may sound biased against the Jets but trust me, I hate, just as any other Dolfan, all three of those AFC East teams.

Re: Pretty good....

Originally posted by NYFCat
I can live with those rankings.
I'd put Miami's OL last behind the Bills, though, based on potential. Also, Mare is the best all-around kicker in the game, bar-none.
and Jay will have a betta year than Brady thanks to Norv and RW. :)

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
wow an objective jet fan
and we thought that was an oxymoron :bling:

It looks pretty good but Mare is definetly better than Vinatieri. I also think Jay will be better than Brady but we will see. I think the ratings are pretty fair.

Originally posted by J-E-T-S
Alright guys, I don't know if you guys have ever done this, but I think it will be interesting.

QB:
1. Bills (Bledsoe)- I know the Pats took Brady, but I think he will have a solid year.
2. Pats (Brady)- I have no respect for him, but he did win last year.
3. Fins (Fiedler)- Not bad.
4. Jets(Vinny)- Sickened me last year.

RB:
1. Jets (Martin, Jordan, Anderson, Morton)- All dangerous, plus best RB in division.
2. Dolphins (Williams, Minor, Konrad, Obafemi)- Improved.
3. Patriots(Smith, Redmond, Faulk, Edwards)- Average
4. Bills (Henry, Bryson, Morris)- Could be 3.

WR:
1. Bills (Moulds, Price, Reed)- Moulds cou;d be great with QB, Price also good, Reed set NCAA record for yards last year, should flourish as 3.
2. Fins (Chambers, Gadsden, Ward, Mcknight)- Chambers star in the making.
3. Jets (Coles, Chrebet, Moss)- Coles appears ready for big year.
4. Pats (Brown, Patten, Hayes)- Average, bad after Brown.

TE:
1. Jets (Becht, Baker)- Not great, but best in division.
2. Bills (Riemersma)- Oft-injured
3. Pats(Fauria, Cleeland, Graham)- Too bad all 3 not 1 guy.
4. Dolphins (Weaver, McMichael)- Unproven

OL:
1. Jets- Everyone healthy by season.(except Szott)
2.Pats- Solid last year, and should be consistent.
3. Fins- Should be better.
4. Bills- Better, with Mike Williams

K:
1. Pats-Vinatieri- Impressed me in playoffs
2. Fins( Mare)- Very Good , Close second
3. Jets (Hall)- Good, clutch last year.
4. Bills- Awful last year. Who did they sign?

This is a fair, unbiased look. What do you guys think?

Only thing is disagree with you is on qb.............

1.Fiedler Hey believe or not ...This year will be his year...
2.Vinny Should bounce back because he knows Hackett system better.
3.Brady better than Bledsoe for some reason....
4.Bledsoe Fiedler had better stats for the last three years...

I don't under stand why people rank bledsoe so high.........This is something I wrote on BBI that left Bills fan puzzle on bledsoe....

Wow hey man go look up stats .....Is already been proving that Fiedler has better stats for the last three years .....BTW Bledsoe stats are not that impressive just because he was on a VERY VERY pass friendly offense mainly cuz they had no running game..For like six straight year he had 550+ attempts and almost reached 700 in one season(any one having that many attempts bound to have yardage)...His QB rating haven't been impressive either, with his 87.7 which was super bowl season and after that 83..His desicion making always has been questionable but now especially....I have to admit buffalo has nice weapons at WR and Bryson not Henry could become very good back.Bledsoe is not no Marino, Kelly or even compares to Griese (I'm not saying Fiedler does either)...You might be thinking Griese ? but Just watch this year how he get back to form..He will get back to his 2001 form....Jay Fiedler is still improving believe or not and you guys could make fun of me on this but you will see.Hey I'm not here trying to talk smack ....I really don't hate the Bills that much any ways like the Jets .....

I had to read this post again. Is there actually a Jet fan that does not think that their entire team should be unanimously elected to the pro-bowl? Did I wake up in some weird bizarro world?

I thought the rankings were mostly accurate. I'd have Bledsoe lower though. He is a good passer, but takes a lot of sacks and is one dimensional. There is a reason that he is not in New England anymore. You have to put Brady up near the top, but I still think he has a bit to prove. Timmy Smith had one good year and Superbowl too.

I'm not a big Curtis Martin fan, but that may be my personal bias. He doesn't scare me like a top back should, but he is consistent and puts up good numbers each year. I think Williams, if he stays healthy, could be the class of the division, but we will have to see. New England's Smith is a good tough runner. He is better than people think.

Receivers are a tough one. All of the teams have some good ones. As much as I hate the Jets, they have a nice balance of speed and possession. A lot depends on how Moss does, but Coles is going to be a star. Dolphins' Chambers should be a top receiver but he's going to need some help form OG and McKnight or somewhere.

This is going to be a very competitive division without a doubt.

The Bills kicker is Mike Hollis

And I don't see any logical way to rate Bledsoe last in the division.

Then again...some people don't use logic on this board.

Seems pretty objective...

However, I think (read that - pray to the football Gods) that the Phins OL will be pretty good once the lineup "gels".
I also agree with most of the respondents in that Mare is #1 in the Division, if not the league. I'll conceed to #2 in RB, for now, but hope RW has a HUGE season to move to #1. WR, I see a toss up... find myself in agreement providing Moulds and Bledsoe develop a good chemistry... I'd like to believe that the TE spot for the Phins will be better than last place, however, going on past performance, I'd agree... while there is a glimmer of hope with McMike, it would be homeristic to predict much of an improvement at this point...as for QB... I don't think that Bledsoe is firmly planted in the #1 spot...nor do I think Brady is #2. realistically, I'd place Bledsoe at #1 (narrowly), Feidler at a very close #2, Brady and Vinny both trying to stay out of last. As much as I hate to admit it, I think Testes is the better of the two, if only due to his experience. I think Brady is in for a rude awakening this year...

Overall, I really don't see it as too far fetched, and seems you used a good deal of research and objectivity to hash this out.
Good Job!
:up:

Pretty good J-E-T-S. But i would rank Mare ahead of Vinatieri.(Mare could have easily kicked that FG in the SB.) I would also rank Fiedler ahead of Brady and Bledsoe, just because of gut feeling. Jets have good running backs, but i would say we would be very close behind because of our depth. I would go with you on O-line..... I would say us and the Bills are tied for Receivers. Price is no better than gadsten, and moulds is comapared to Chambers. The rest of the receivers are all very average..... nothing special. I wont even start with TE.....
As for Defense
1.Phins.... Top 5 D in the League... even without Gardner
2. Patriots... good depth and competitive
3. Jets... Not as good as last year, but better than bills
4. Bills... DUH!!!!!!!!

More talking about the 40-something yarder in the snow, down 3 against Oakland. And on RB, the Jets have much more depth than the Fins. Jordan averaged 7 yards a carry last year. Anderson led the team in catches in 2000, and Morton is a very good KR/3rd down style back.

If he avaraged 7 yards on 150+ rush than thats damn good but I know he didnt even have 25...

Back
Top Bottom