AFC East title | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East title

Chambers34Phins

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think we are still in it for the title. Granted the Patriots have an easy game against the Texans this week, but I am calling it now, upset special of the week. Texans.... with backup qb banks over the mighty pats!

But I was thinking, the pats are pretty lucky to be where they are. The miami game is a game we very well should have won, Mare misses two fg's, one of them on the dirt, had the dirt not been there, I dont think that fg is blocked, because the oline got hammered back into mare on that kick. So lets just say that was a loss, that give's the pats 3 losses instead of 2. And then the Denver game.

How often does the kicker get hurt, and the team only have one guy capable of kicking any sort of FG. (Do we have anyone that can kick fg's besides mare?) So Elam gets hurt in the first or second quarter? And the pats end up winning this game by 4 I believe it was. But the Bronco's were forced to punt from the pat's 30 about 3 times. That is 9 easy points for elam, the guy has a great leg. Let's think positive and that is another loss, bringing the pats down to 6-4, and we would be 7-3.

Just a few bad breaks have killed us this year, besides the dissapearing act our offense pulls on a weekly bases. I am just keeping my head up, we have a hard schedule left, hardest in the NFL. But the pats still have to play the colts and bills right? I think this can get pretty interesting as the season winds down.

I hope so, but I am not as optimistic. Don't get me wrong there were some encouraging signs last week from the offense, but it just seems WAY too inconsistent to beat good teams. I just have this sick erie feeling that we will make the playoffs and then falter. I guess you can call this feeling Deja Vu!?

I wasn't impressed with the o at all last week. The only shining light I saw was the oline didn't suck as bad as usual, which is not much of an improvement. And the fact that ricky was running somewhat like his old self again. Other then that.... not much. I think if we can make it through this tough schedule we are ready for anyone.

Let's then review or preview for that matter: Dangerous choke points for Fins- Dallas, NE, MNF Eagles, and at Buffalo. Possibilties- We beat the Skins and stomp the Jets. That's 8-4, now if we lose to Philly but beat NE and Buffalo we clinch the East, whether we lose to the Jets or not. 10-6 or 11-5. Hmmm, it's going to be very tough for the Fins man they have to play like they got rabies or something crazed like this.

About the only way the Dolphins can win the division is to go 6-0 or 5-1 the rest of the way, and the loss has to be to Philly, Dallas or Washington. If the Dolphins go 6-0, then New England has to lose one other game (at Indy most likely) since they would have lost to Miami.....if the Dolphins go 5-1, New England has to lose another game too (from among at Houston and the Jets and home against Jacksonville and Buffalo). I love to look at all possible scenarios as much as the next guy, but it's a really long shot for the Dolphins to win the division. I think they will get into the play-offs, though.

"I wasn't impressed with the o at all last week. The only shining light I saw was the oline didn't suck as bad as usual, which is not much of an improvement."

keep in mind that Baltimore fields a pretty good defense, so the O lines performance is reason for optimism.

Back
Top Bottom