AFC East Units | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East Units

j-off-her-doll

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
There was a thread like this a while back, breaking down how we'd rank each position on each team. It didn't, though, specifically address the overall strength of units. Who has the better defense, the Dolphins or the Patriots? And etc.

Feel free to address this position by position, but I'll start by ranking units.

Offense:

1. Patriots
2. Dolphins
3. Bills
4. Jets

Few would argue that the Pats have the best offense heading into '09. While the Bills have a more explosive stable of WR's than Miami, they have some issues at OL and still have a questionable QB. The Jets have probably the best O-line and rushing attack in the division - though, I hope Miami changes that this season - but they have a poor WR group and a feather and a lottery ticket at QB. Save for the Pats - who might have the best offensive unit in the league, depending on Brady's recovery - the Dolphins are the only team in the division with any sense of balance on offense.

Defense

1. Jets
2. Dolphins
3. Patriots
4. Bills

If their young talent develops, Miami could easily usurp the Jets for that #1 spot. Going into the season, though, I think the Jets have fewer areas of concern.

Special Teams

1. Bills
2. Jets
3. Patriots
4. Dolphins

The only area where the Bills actually excel. The Jets and Pats are solid, and for most the last season, we were not. We improved toward the end of the season, but until our SP unit goes out and puts a string of good games together, I think you'd have to label that unit at the bottom of the division.

Your thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom