Afc East | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Afc East

A couple of questions

1. is the patriots backup any good? i have never seen him play, with their luck he probably will be

2. is anyone scared of the jets offense?
i cant think of one player that can hurt us since coles is gone and jones is old, maybe leon washington

3. is the bills defense any good?
im actually scared of playing the bills this year, their offense will be explosive with TO+Lee Evans+lynch+parrish+jackson, i kinda see them as last year's broncos, they have the shutdown corners in mckelvin and mcgee but they dont have anything else.
im not looking forward to watching their special teams

i think in 2 years the afceast will be the toughest division in football

Our Defense was ranked 31st 2 years ago and 14th last year.. It's getting better(well I hope).. We have a bunch of young players and everyone on D has returned except our nickle CB(Greer).. The biggest problem for our Defense last year was getting pressure on the QB.. I hope that the return of DE Schobel(our highest paid D-man that was injured for most of the last year) will help with that..

As for our Offense , I don't know if it will be scary or even any good.. We ranked 30th last year and all teams did was stack the box and double Evans every single play.. Not that hard and was very effective.. We drafted a 6' 6" player(Hardy, 2nd round) because we needed a tall endzone threat.. He did absolutely NOTHING.. TO will give us what we were looking for heightwise.. Now with TO, I think it will be hard to double Lee and TO and stack the box.. Again, Im not sure what this Offense will be.. Only time will tell..

i think the jets next year will play pretty boring football, 100 yds passing and 80 yds rushing every game,

unfortunately your defense will win a couple games
Their Defense will score as many points as the Offense..

i think the only reason matt cassel was good was because of moss and welker, hes gonna suck in KC

If he has any time to throw and even a shadow of a running game, he'll do fine tossing the ball to gonzo & bowe.

If he has any time to throw and even a shadow of a running game, he'll do fine tossing the ball to gonzo & bowe.

Bowe is REALLY good and getting better. He's not Moss but I'd rather have him than Welker.

Bowe is REALLY good and getting better. He's not Moss but I'd rather have him than Welker.
you mean you do not want someone who has caught more than 200 catches in the last 2 yrs ?. i hope this thoughts are shared by the coach too.

you mean you do not want someone who has caught more than 200 catches in the last 2 yrs ?. i hope this thoughts are shared by the coach too.

NE throws it a million times, D's worry about Moss. Welker is a GOOd WR but he's overrated. he barely averages 10 Yards per rec. Those are RB #s. Bowe is better than Welker.

NE throws it a million times, D's worry about Moss. Welker is a GOOd WR but he's overrated. he barely averages 10 Yards per rec. Those are RB #s. Bowe is better than Welker.

2008 attemots
pass 534
run 513

offense seems pretty balanced to me, as far as ypc welker is at 10.5, Bowe is at 11.9 with 25 fewer catches.

2008 attemots
pass 534
run 513

offense seems pretty balanced to me, as far as ypc welker is at 10.5, Bowe is at 11.9 with 25 fewer catches.

That is a little misleading b/c cassell ran it 73 times compared to 37 for Brady the year before and they started out running a little more earlier as cassell was breaking in and he only threw 8 times in that wind in Buf in week 17. From Game 3 through game 15 he averaged 36 attempts a game. Bowe as a 1st and 2 yr player w/ no WR help and poor QB play as as many TDs as Welker in Welker's 4 year career. Welker is a nice player but I'd take Bowe w/o even blinking an eye.

We probably will play boring football but hopefully it's winning football. Limit TOs, win the battle on STs and win the FP battle. It might be boring but it can be effective.

Oh it's effective. If we didn't have the Wildcat, their wouldn't have been much excitement to our offense either.

How are things nyjunc? Been to the "launching pad" yet? I plan on trying to make a trip with a friend to see it. I hear it's amazing.

BTW, I didn't get to jibe you but, GO DOLPHINS!!!

Oh it's effective. If we didn't have the Wildcat, their wouldn't have been much excitement to our offense either.

How are things nyjunc? Been to the "launching pad" yet? I plan on trying to make a trip with a friend to see it. I hear it's amazing.

BTW, I didn't get to jibe you but, GO DOLPHINS!!!

things are ok. I was at NYS for the first game against the Cubs(exhibition) and also this past Saturday for the nailbiting 22-4 loss. I'm a nostalgic guy, I prefer the old one although the new one is great.

things are ok. I was at NYS for the first game against the Cubs(exhibition) and also this past Saturday for the nailbiting 22-4 loss. I'm a nostalgic guy, I prefer the old one although the new one is great.

Same here man. Tough one to go to.
Take care--Go Yanks!

I don't know, we'll see what happens. How many games did you guys come back to win last year? You didn't have any big comebacks but you won 11 games.
We won a few games by really long, time eating drives. It was time of possession and clock management that did it for us. Actually that's my favorite kind of game sometimes. Where we have the ball and just march it down the field for 8 minutes. It just kills the opposing team. Puts a lot of pressure on the offense. If they go 3 and out they may not see the ball again for another 8 minutes. It kills their rhythm and their spirit.

Back
Top Bottom