AFC Notes: Running Wild | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC Notes: Running Wild

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
AFC Notes: Running Wild by Rick Kamla lots of Ricky stuff:
Feed Ricky just two more handoffs and one more dump-off per game, and he’s up to 478 touches. By the way, if Ricky indeed carries the ball twice more per game, he would finish with 415 attempts and break Jamal Anderson’s record of 410.

Ricky had 2,216 total yards last season. If Wannstedt’s plan comes to fruition and Ricky holds up for 16 games, Marshall Faulk’s record of 2,429 total yards is in serious jeopardy. Plus, after scoring 17 times a year ago, Ricky could be on his way to the rare 20-score plateau.

Originally posted by dolphan39
AFC Notes: Running Wild by Rick Kamla lots of Ricky stuff:

If Wannstedt’s plan comes to fruition and Ricky holds up for 16 games, Marshall Faulk’s record of 2,429 total yards is in serious jeopardy.

If Ricky holds up for 16 games.....
That is a concern of mine as well.
A lot of workhorse backs have been run into the ground in the past. I hope Ricky dosen't need to have a 2,000 yard season.
I'm sure he'd disagree, but I'd rather see a more balanced offense this year with a little more success in the passing game so Ricky is fresh and uninjured come playoff time.

I'm not all that concerned with Ricky getting injured. There are things runningbacks can do to keep themselves healthy in terms of their style of running. Emmitt Smith picked it up after a few years in the league and Curtis Martin has been fantastic at staying healthy since he got into the league. Ricky wasn't because he viewed himself as a bull ready to explode any defender that comes near him. In the second half of the season though he started to realize his power was not his most dangerous weapon, it was the speed nobody thought he had. He started learning to change direction downfield without losing speed, angling away from defenders rather than blowing them up. He's avoiding hits now and gaining more yards doing it and as such he's cut down to 225 lbs. I'm no longer all that worried about him getting injured now. He did well at staying healthy in both 2001 and 2002 and I can't foresee why it wouldn't be the same in 2003.

OMG can the season start now! I think he could break the touch record because we are at most bringing in 3 WRs on at one time, leaving the FB,RB,and TE out there. Ricky might be able to break both records.

Actually, only the TE or FB can stay with a 3 Receiver set along with the RB..

Honestly, with Wanny trying to make a more balanced attack, I don't see Ricky breaking either record. Last season, we relied on Ricky too much, mainly because Ray Lucas couldn't get the passing game going. If everyone stays healthy, I expect Ricky to hover around the 1400 yard rushing mark......

I don't want him to break the touches record. I want him to break the rushing record, and total yards combined record with more YPC.

I think Ricky will get to 1500. It doesn't matter how balanced we get or how far along the passing game develops. Ricky will get the rock often. And a better passing game will only make Ricky more dangerous.

Last year Ricky averaged 116 yards per game. If he averages 94, he'll break 1500.

Wannstedt has already said that he wants to give Ricky at least 400 touches this year.

We will see Ricky in on 3rd down ALL season instead of just the second half because he has properly adjusted to the heat in S. Florida.

Who cares if he breaks the 'most tuches" record? I can't believe some of you guys thinking about that. I'm only worry about winning games. The more he runs, the more he can do but also the more tired he'll be at the end of the year.We need to keep him as fresh as we can and trying to have him break the record just to have that record is stupid to say it mildly.

Ozzy rules!!

I don't want him to break any record. For once in Miami, can we get a balanced attack? Chambers, Thompson, and McMichael.. gotta feed them the damn ball, especially CC. There is no way Ricky breaks the touch record or rushing record with Chambers healthy!

How about Ricky getting about 25-30 per game. That would get him 440 touches. If he runs like he did after the second half of last year. He can easily get over 2000 yards rushing. He broke a lot of long runs, and with his new instict, he might just break more. I think we'll have a well balanced attack and Ricky GETS his 2000 anyway.

Back
Top Bottom