AFC Playoffs are set | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC Playoffs are set

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I base it on what I read. There are several members on here I will read a post they have written just because of their name. The same goes in the opposite direction for some. You and Kud and flirting dangerously close with the bad line. :wink:

Save the women and children. Kud and I are dangerous.

yes, yes, I know. And I know about Aristotle. I had to study Summa Theologica by St Thomas Aquinas,(and so much of what he did, he did to rebut the Aristotelians) so I am very much aware that they knew the earth was flat. I was making a point...Sometimes you have to go to the edge (of the earth) to make the appropriate point. Thats why I brought it up. Sorry the analogy didn't work for you.

No biggie, anyways do you blame Cpep or the team as a whole for our 0-2 start? Everyone has played like *** on Sunday, with the exception of Ronnie, he was kicking *** before we gave up on the running game. And by we I mean Mularkey.

brandon1986 said:
the patriots have not looked great at all, they faced buffalo a good d and almost lost, they played the jets a bad team and almost lost, who is to say we dont get hot fix the problems and surprise the pats and win?

you said you could be wrong, but you already said the playoffs are set

so what is it? the playoffs are set or the playoffs are set but i may be wrong

I cannot believe this is so hard for so many. I THINK the playoffs are set. I COULD be wrong. Can it not be clearly inferred that every post is someones opinion? Some of you guys are incredible. :confused:

BigDogsHunt said:
Do you get to see film of the game following what you saw? Do you ever watch the film from the game or only watch it once on TV or see it live and try remember what you think you saw?

Because, while I understand these are your views and opinions, both are inaccurrate to the facts.

TP made a great play, but sorry unless TP wasnt physically there it wasnt going for a TD. DC threw a great pass, and put it on the money, except TP made a better play and picked it off. He didnt throw it behind CC, watch the film, TP took it at the high point and it makes it seem that CC was reaching back for the ball, when in fact he was reacting to TP leaping for INT, not the ball.

Pure speculation on what Brady would or wouldnt do. Every team is unique and perceived talent means nothing to how they would or would fit in this organization, anymore than how they fit in their own. I suspect if Pitt lost in game 1 Pitt fans would claim Big Ben would never have lost. And in week 2, I bet a few Pitt fans are saying dang Batch would have won that game. Its speculative, pointless, and typical of fans when a L goes on the board vs. a W.

Plus, during the the scoring drives for Miami, including the drive following the Pitt fumble, DC made some great throws, and did in fact make play after play for us.

Yes, he made some boneheaded plays, the INT especially. Thats obvious and I am sure if asked he would state unequivicably state that he would love to have that pass back. But regardless his play alone did not cost us the game. The film has shown that also.

Clearly, I am not implying DC hasnt underperformed during these two games and contributed to leaving points on the field. But right now, I see this team beating itself up and down the roster vs. our opponents beating us. Very few individual players or units as a whole are without sin here.

And that includes our staff as well. Improvement has to happen, no doubt. I just cant label DC as our biggest problem right now. I am not sure if you are either, but clearly you feel he is higher up on the "problem" list then I have him slotted.

Fair points...I did rewatch the Pittsburgh game, I didn't put myself thru the Buffalo game. And I have to disagree with you on TPs INT. I think if the throws it deeper, CC at least makes the catch...and I think he scores. I don't know who wins a footrace between TP and CC, but I suspect it would be Chambers. IMO, it wasn't a perfect pass.

As for where DC is on the "Problem Chart", hes the only one that handles the ball every play. So when the offense isn't playing well, IMO he has to be held to a higher level of accoutability than a WR or LG or TE or RB.

PatsSuck456 said:
No biggie, anyways do you blame Cpep or the team as a whole for our 0-2 start? Everyone has played like *** on Sunday, with the exception of Ronnie, he was kicking *** before we gave up on the running game. And by we I mean Mularkey.

Its not all Culpepper...but its alot of him.

And the Ronnie Brown thing is frustrating to no end. Not only was he running well, but their DBs were getting up holding their shoulder after they tackled him. All he needs to do is make one guy miss and hes a threat to score.

So if he only gets 3 or 3.5 yards a carry on first and second down, now you 3rd and 3 or 4. Both very manageable. I'd spread it out and run him again and then punt. I would script about 15 plays to start the game and about 12 of them would be running plays (and about 11 of them would be with Brown).

And I would run at the CBs. I would try to block everyone and let the CBs come get Ronnie. I think that by the third and fourth qtr, thats a matchup we win. But if you don't do it in the first half, then it doesn't work in the second.

So I would put 50% on Saban (I blame him for MMs bad playcalling), 35% on DC, and 15% on STs and Defense.

The way the defense played, we could have won both games, inspite of giving up that 80 yard TD to Heath Miller.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
I cannot believe this is so hard for so many. I THINK the playoffs are set. I COULD be wrong. Can it not be clearly inferred that every post is someones opinion? Some of you guys are incredible. :confused:

you can have your opinion, the thread says the playoffs are set, not the playoffs might be set

yet you keep saying i could be wrong, if you could be wrong how are the playoff set? isnt that a oxymoron?

TampaFinsFan01 said:
Fair points...I did rewatch the Pittsburgh game, I didn't put myself thru the Buffalo game. And I have to disagree with you on TPs INT. I think if the throws it deeper, CC at least makes the catch...and I think he scores. I don't know who wins a footrace between TP and CC, but I suspect it would be Chambers. IMO, it wasn't a perfect pass.

As for where DC is on the "Problem Chart", hes the only one that handles the ball every play. So when the offense isn't playing well, IMO he has to be held to a higher level of accoutability than a WR or LG or TE or RB.

Well if you rewatched the TP INT...not sure how you think he should have thrown it further....TP made a great play....once the ball was in the air DC cant change the flight. No reason to throw it deeper since it was going to be on the money, until TP showed up.

Yes, QB handles the ball the most. But higher level of accountability?? Well I say same level. I think from the OC, to the OL, the TE/RB/FB on blocking schemes and WR/TE/RB on routes all have equal accountability.

So, here is to rooting on the team this week, and hoping beyond hope they have figured things out in practice this week to play inspired, controlled, smart football. Play Miami Dolphins football, execute correctly and that will lead to a W in week 3.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
Its not all Culpepper...but its alot of him.

And the Ronnie Brown thing is frustrating to no end. Not only was he running well, but their DBs were getting up holding their shoulder after they tackled him. All he needs to do is make one guy miss and hes a threat to score.

So if he only gets 3 or 3.5 yards a carry on first and second down, now you 3rd and 3 or 4. Both very manageable. I'd spread it out and run him again and then punt. I would script about 15 plays to start the game and about 12 of them would be running plays (and about 11 of them would be with Brown).

And I would run at the CBs. I would try to block everyone and let the CBs come get Ronnie. I think that by the third and fourth qtr, thats a matchup we win. But if you don't do it in the first half, then it doesn't work in the second.

So I would put 50% on Saban (I blame him for MMs bad playcalling), 35% on DC, and 15% on STs and Defense.

The way the defense played, we could have won both games, inspite of giving up that 80 yard TD to Heath Miller.

:confused: I think you missed typed here? Youre down on DC, but you are looking to go 3 and out with 3 running plays then punt?

:D I know what you meant but this made me laugh.

Anyway, yes, it could be argued without much debate that we stopped running in both games. While we didnt run effectively for lots of yardage vs. Pitt, we mixed it in with every series properly except in the drive following the Pitt fumble, and of course the last 3 possession that were all passes with two INTs. But we should have run more, when the LOS was no longer being stuffed after the Miller TD. MM lost the chess match there, plain and simple.

In the Buffalo game, we ran quite effectively, but shot ourselves in the foot with pass protection and execution in key 3rd down rushing attempts. Plus penalities kept putting us in a deeper hole for longer down and distances as well.

Yes, our D make some big communication mistakes vs. Pitt all 3 Pitt offensive TDs were communication breakdowns with zone coverage.

The D improved vs. Buffalo but wasnt stellar outside of holding them to FGs. Blocked Punt breakdown, and Pass interference hurt us for 10points as well.

As I say, here's to week 3 and improved execution from all facets of the game.

Whoever started this thread has obviously not been watching NFL football the past ten years.

brandon1986 said:
you can have your opinion, the thread says the playoffs are set, not the playoffs might be set

yet you keep saying i could be wrong, if you could be wrong how are the playoff set? isnt that a oxymoron?

I thought it would be common sense that everyone would know that the playoffs weren't actually set, that it was my opinion. I guess I overestimated the common sense on this board.

BigDogsHunt said:
:confused: I think you missed typed here? Youre down on DC, but you are looking to go 3 and out with 3 running plays then punt?

:D I know what you meant but this made me laugh.

Anyway, yes, it could be argued without much debate that we stopped running in both games. While we didnt run effectively for lots of yardage vs. Pitt, we mixed it in with every series properly except in the drive following the Pitt fumble, and of course the last 3 possession that were all passes with two INTs. But we should have run more, when the LOS was no longer being stuffed after the Miller TD. MM lost the chess match there, plain and simple.

In the Buffalo game, we ran quite effectively, but shot ourselves in the foot with pass protection and execution in key 3rd down rushing attempts. Plus penalities kept putting us in a deeper hole for longer down and distances as well.

Yes, our D make some big communication mistakes vs. Pitt all 3 Pitt offensive TDs were communication breakdowns with zone coverage.

The D improved vs. Buffalo but wasnt stellar outside of holding them to FGs. Blocked Punt breakdown, and Pass interference hurt us for 10points as well.

As I say, here's to week 3 and improved execution from all facets of the game.

I meant what I said about running the ball three times and punt. I'll take my chances of running the ball on third and three and third and four, esp early in the game. A punt isn't the worst thing. Running the ball is better than taking a sack and DC is getting sacked WAYYYY too much.

Vince Lombardi used to say that "Every drive should end in a kick". I believe that. I also believe that we should make it our goal to have no negative plays. Which means passing less and running more.

Despacio said:
Whoever started this thread has obviously not been watching NFL football the past ten years.

I've been watching the NFL for over 35 years. Not bad, huh?

TampaFinsFan01 said:
I've been watching the NFL for over 35 years. Not bad, huh?

and you didn't learn a thing.... hahahaha

tampa..01 said:
Since I am used to catching hell, I will go out on the limb and be first to put my John Han**** on the Dump Saban Sheet. I am interested to see how many TRUE FANs after only ONE GAME are willing to stand out here in the heat with me?

Division champs:
colts
chargers
stealers/bengals
toss up in the AFC East (could be any team in there, even the god damn jets)

Wildcard:
Bengals/Stealers (whoever didnt win the division)
jags/bengals (im leaning twards the jags cus their D is so good).

Back
Top Bottom