After Listening to Howie Long | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After Listening to Howie Long

lbmclean_sj

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I will be very disappointed if we pass on Chris

he talked about his son's versatility in his senior year

he mentioned how he played with guys who had alot more talent than him, but it was his football IQ and preparation that made him elite

so what we have in Chris is Howie v2, an excellent mix of athleticism and professionalism

Here is my Howie Long Mock

1. Chris Long

2a. Fred Davis

2b. Curtis Lofton

3. Chad Henne

4. Jordy Nelson

he mentioned how he played with guys who had alot more talent than him, but it was his football IQ and preparation that made him elite

so what we have in Chris is Howie v2, an excellent mix of athleticism and professionalism

1. Chris Long

2a. Fred Davis

2b. Curtis Lofton

3. Chad Henne

4. Jordy Nelson

Football IQ is great. And so is versatility and your hall of fame dad talking you up. But in my book it all boils down to talent. And i just really hope Chris Long isnt a tweener. Its really starting to scare me lately.

1. Chris Long

2a. Fred Davis

2b. Curtis Lofton

3. Chad Henne

4. Jordy Nelson

I hear yeah i listened too i was very impressed with the things he said. I wanted jake long from the get go but..............

I hear yeah i listened too i was very impressed with the things he said. I wanted jake long from the get go but..............

funny thing today they asked Pat Kirwan who he thought was going #1 and he said Jake Long. then he proceeded to talk about Jake's balance issues and that there is no way you should take a RT #1.

i seriously have no idea who we are going to take and in my book there is no clear cut favorite. We could go a bunch of different directions with the first overall pick. Very interesting.

funny thing today they asked Pat Kirwan who he thought was going #1 and he said Jake Long. then he proceeded to talk about Jake's balance issues and that there is no way you should take a RT #1.

Every time i listen to NFL radio i go nuts. They say stuff that makes u undecided on players that you want the phins to draft.:lol: I can't take it any more:sidelol::sidelol:

Eww to Fred Davis. Were not taking Davis 32 overall. That would be a reach.

You don't select a player because of what his father says...or coach...or friends...if you do...you can ruin your team...very fast.

I hope we get the Guy he is Really good and i think he will be Special In the NFL the kid has Talent he may not have been the most talented on his Defense with UVA but he has the Heart and Dertmintion and he is still really talented

how's aboot Davis at 2b and Cherilus at 2a?

A thousand times better! 2b may be a reach for a TE too though since we have much bigger needs at the moment, but everyone knows the tuna loves him some tight end (no pun intended, haha)

Amen to that!!! The last person I want hyping up C. Long is his Dad.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Thats the one thing I give to Bob Griese...you never heard him hype up his son...he was proud of him...but never hyped him up...he let the normal process take it course.

how's aboot Davis at 2b and Cherilus at 2a?

Cherilus would be a possibility at 2a (although my current guess is Chris Williams) but I don't think Davis is a good fit. BP tends to like bigger TEs. If we were going to take an h-back type there I'd prefer Keller.

You don't select a player because of what his father says...or coach...or friends...if you do...you can ruin your team...very fast.

Yeah, but we wouldn't be drafting Chris Long. We'd be drafting the whole Long family...

Are we sick of this joke yet?

Back
Top Bottom